Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best bit is when she Brough somebody in to help calm people down and respond to all of the angry and pissed off backers. She clearly couldn't cut it anymore so had to get somebody in for some much needed damage control.
Knowing Jack she probably got her to do it for free and threw in a copy of the book in lieu of payment.
Did her 'assistant' even exist?

Reactions: 8
I'm really starting to believe this. It's bizarre how she doesn't seem to be doing anything to expand her knowledge or skills. If she had a passion for food, why would she keep slopping the same old stuff out every time? It's been years since her first book came out, yet she's still at that same level. It's just making food as cheap as possible, which is great for one book/a blog but she can't possibly think it's a job for life.
Completely agree with you.
1) She has said on the show that she doesn’t watch tv cooking programmes, that is a simple way to expand your knowledge. My boyfriend gets annoyed by how much cooking I watch.
Don’t be too arrogant to learn from others, even this week she doesn’t seem to want to learn from Matt but wants him to use her ideas.

2) It’s all about cheap but it’s not cheap if you haven’t got 3 freezers, yes some fresh ginger for that one recipe costs 12p but you can’t buy such a tiny amount, so what do you do with the rest?
There is very little in terms of meal planning and shopping to a budget, proper organised cooking.

I think other people are doing the budget cooking better because they do the whole organising and meal planning better. Her recipes this week have been a missed opportunity and I take a huge amount of offence at the word Posh when it is just Flavour.

It seems to me to be a race to the bottom in terms of teaching people what they could do and could make. The white sauce episode sums up everything that is wrong with her cooking. We all know it’s easy and cheap to make an actually white sauce and more useful knowledge that mixing milk and oil!

Reactions: 28
I'm really starting to believe this. It's bizarre how she doesn't seem to be doing anything to expand her knowledge or skills. If she had a passion for food, why would she keep slopping the same old stuff out every time? It's been years since her first book came out, yet she's still at that same level. It's just making food as cheap as possible, which is great for one book/a blog but she can't possibly think it's a job for life.
When you look at other cooks/chefs that have a number of books, each are usually themed differently. There's variety there. Budget cooking, veggie, one-pan, fast meals, focusing on different countries, healthy eating, etc etc. It keeps people interested and keeps books selling. She ran her course a long time ago I think, she's clearly very limited.

Reactions: 18
Oh my days! I had it on but didn't catch that bit, added in?! 😂 What did Matt say? 😂
He had to jump in when she said "it just is, isn't it, some has fat added in and some taken out", horrendously stupid response, he gave the correct explanation ie it depends which cut of meat the mince is made from, his face afterwards was a picture, someone has probably done a screenshot :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It did cross my mind to be fair. Create a fake assistant to help weather the tit storm she'd created and save herself fro the abuse she was being subjected too.
But in all honesty I can just imagine she got some other poor soul to deal with it all for her. And I very much doubt that person was paid. I mean how amazing would it look to say you'd done work experience for THE Jack Monroe? 5 star job hiring material right there.....
I can almost hear the narcissistic tone of her interviewing somebody fo the job "You do realise how privileged you really are to be working for me don't you?"
Perhaps she paid her in signed copies of her books, basic slop food and cans of chickpeas? Maybe one of her signed photographs for good measure?

If her current gig isn't enough to survive on, why doesn't she get a 'regular' job?
Because SHE is Jack Monroe....end of sentence.

Reactions: 6
If her current gig isn't enough to survive on, why doesn't she get a 'regular' job?
She is unemployable.

I've seen it hinted at that she left the fire service in a very different way to the story she pedals. Obviously there's no receipts for that so I'm not going to state it as a fact.

However, every employment endeavour we've seen her undertake over the last 6 or so years had ended in her being sacked, failing to fulfill her terms or proving herself to be utterly tit at the job. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I certainly would not employ her.

Reactions: 22
It did cross my mind to be fair. Create a fake assistant to help weather the tit storm she'd created and save herself fro the abuse she was being subjected too.
But in all honesty I can just imagine she got some other poor soul to deal with it all for her. And I very much doubt that person was paid. I mean how amazing would it look to say you'd done work experience for THE Jack Monroe? 5 star job hiring material right there.....
I can almost hear the narcissistic tone of her interviewing somebody fo the job "You do realise how privileged you really are to be working for me don't you?"
Perhaps she paid her in signed copies of her books, basic slop food and cans of chickpeas? Maybe one of her signed photographs for good measure?

Because SHE is Jack Monroe....end of sentence.
I suspect that her assistant didn't exist. She still tweets about not being able to afford a production team... or even one person... unlike That Man... So if she can't afford it now, how did she afford it then, when she was asking for Kickstater donations?

Reactions: 10
Settle in kids, I'm going to tell you a story from my life, that this Kickstarter thing reminds me of, but I have been wary about sharing because it (a) it's something I don't much like to talk about and (b) sounds like a JM style story, because I have a life that would make the scriptwriters of EastEnders shake their heads and claim to be a bit too farfetched. However, it is entirely true.

Several years ago I met a man on online dating. We got on very well and discovered we had several things in common. We'd both had cancer, mine was v early stage and surgically treated, but his was very severe, stomach, and he had several ops, radio and chemo and was at one point told that it was incurable, but he had amazingly gone into remission just after that. The story of how he had recovered was very dramatic and gory. He also had an interesting job in the media. I liked him very much. He was funny and clever and held a room when he told a story. We dated for a while, it was nice, he would tell me funny stories about his job, his previous life, all incredibly detailed and funny. We moved in together, he would work, go out to work, come home, deal in camera equipment online, all sorts of strings to his bow, but there was never any money. Then there were cracks, strange things with his family, odd raging outbursts when challenged on anything, compared to his normal genial persona and these gradual inconsistencies in what he said vs what he did. One day, there was a violent outburst beyond anything else, and I asked him to leave (after over 3 years of being together). It was like a switch had flipped and he became full of cold rage, and he was a big man, and it was very scary. He left, and then I found out all sorts of things. I posted something on the socials that demonstrated we had broken up (not a direct thing, but a post that made it clear) and two of his exes contacted me...

He'd never had cancer. He'd never done any of the things he said he'd done. He was unemployable because of his ego. He lived off them for years like he lived off me. And most of all, he was being chased by 100s of people on the internet because he'd been an expert in a form of collecting and had sold fakes (he'd inexpertly produced) of something that people will pay A LOT of money for. He owed thousands and thousands of pounds. I found a forum where people talked about him. He would come on and tell stories of his ill health, his (at the time) partner's ill health. He had multiple email addresses set up in the names of his family and friends that he would email from making excuses for him, because he was allegedly in hospital. The tone of all that was that these people who were owed money were horrible, awful people for nagging him, and making *him* feel bad, and he was the victim in all this. It was awful, and in retrospect terrifying, and SO SO reminiscent of some stuff talked about here.

My salutary tale ends here.

Edited to add: the scars I saw from surgery on his stomach were self-inflicted. Not sure how I missed that bit.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
It's grimly amusing to see how quiet she's gone on social media. I'm a civil servant and I know that I can't talk tit about my employer in a public online space, no matter how much I may disagree with certain actions and decisions. Jack seems to be learning the hard way that if you want professional credibility, you can't fire off demented broadsides all over the shop without reaping the consequences.

Reactions: 22
Settle in kids, I'm going to tell you a story from my life, that this Kickstarter thing reminds me of, but I have been wary about sharing because it (a) it's something I don't much like to talk about and (b) sounds like a JM style story, because I have a life that would make the scriptwriters of EastEnders shake their heads and claim to be a bit too farfetched. However, it is entirely true.

Several years ago I met a man on online dating. We got on very well and discovered we had several things in common. We'd both had cancer, mine was v early stage and surgically treated, but his was very severe, stomach, and he had several ops, radio and chemo and was at one point told that it was incurable, but he had amazingly gone into remission just after that. The story of how he had recovered was very dramatic and gory. He also had an interesting job in the media. I liked him very much. He was funny and clever and held a room when he told a story. We dated for a while, it was nice, he would tell me funny stories about his job, his previous life, all incredibly detailed and funny. We moved in together, he would work, go out to work, come home, deal in camera equipment online, all sorts of strings to his bow, but there was never any money. Then there were cracks, strange things with his family, odd raging outbursts when challenged on anything, compared to his normal genial persona and these gradual inconsistencies in what he said vs what he did. One day, there was a violent outburst beyond anything else, and I asked him to leave (after over 3 years of being together). It was like a switch had flipped and he became full of cold rage, and he was a big man, and it was very scary. He left, and then I found out all sorts of things. I posted something on the socials that demonstrated we had broken up (not a direct thing, but a post that made it clear) and two of his exes contacted me.... /cont..

He'd never had cancer. He'd never done any of the things he said he'd done. He was unemployable because of his ego. He lived off them for years like he lived off me. And most of all, he was being chased by 100s of people on the internet because he'd been an expert in a form of collecting and had sold fakes (he'd inexpertly produced) of something that people will pay A LOT of money for. He owed thousands and thousands of pounds. I found a forum where people talked about him. He would come on and tell stories of his ill health, his (at the time) partner's ill health. He had multiple email addresses set up in the names of his family and friends that he would email from making excuses for him, because he was allegedly in hospital. The tone of all that was that these people who were owed money were horrible, awful people for nagging him, and making *him* feel bad, and he was the victim in all this. It was awful, and in retrospect terrifying, and SO SO reminiscent of some stuff talked about here.

Your horribly sad story chimes with me. I dated a guy but eventually managed to get rid. Afterwards I found out that he'd been engaged multiple times and his girlfriend after me eventually found out that he was going out in a suit every day, apparently working, but he went to the golf club every day, played 9 holes, got lunch, played another 9 holes, showered, changed back into his suit and went home. Seriously scary.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
No recommission then. She’s silly for giving the jackasses false hope with her comments about tattlers bumping the viewing figures.
yeah the comment was wholly nonsensical, there must be what, 50 of us tops? They’re going to be looking at a lot of things, not just viewing figures.

Having said that I am absolutely gutted - do we know how long the replacement show has been commissioned for? Please god let there be a chance for us to re unite in a fortnight 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Several years ago I met a man on online dating. We got on very well and discovered we had several things in common. We'd both had cancer, mine was v early stage and surgically treated, but his was very severe, stomach, and he had several ops, radio and chemo and was at one point told that it was incurable, but he had amazingly gone into remission just after that. The story of how he had recovered was very dramatic and gory. He also had an interesting job in the media. I liked him very much. He was funny and clever and held a room when he told a story. We dated for a while, it was nice, he would tell me funny stories about his job, his previous life, all incredibly detailed and funny. We moved in together, he would work, go out to work, come home, deal in camera equipment online, all sorts of strings to his bow, but there was never any money. Then there were cracks, strange things with his family, odd raging outbursts when challenged on anything, compared to his normal genial persona and these gradual inconsistencies in what he said vs what he did. One day, there was a violent outburst beyond anything else, and I asked him to leave (after over 3 years of being together). It was like a switch had flipped and he became full of cold rage, and he was a big man, and it was very scary. He left, and then I found out all sorts of things. I posted something on the socials that demonstrated we had broken up (not a direct thing, but a post that made it clear) and two of his exes contacted me...

Edited to add: the scars I saw from surgery on his stomach were self-inflicted. Not sure how I missed that bit.
omfg my love I’m so sorry, this is chilling. Have you listened to the dirty John podcast? There are a lot of similarities I think you’d find it interesting / might be a bit triggering so maybe not in lock down.

Humans are so bizarre

Reactions: 12

Holy toot @Flumps that’s brutal. Sorry you went through that but thank god you got out. Your clearly a tough flump to survive that and cancer. I don’t get why people behave the way they do, especially with perpetual lies as it always comes out. As Judge Judy says, If you tell the truth you don’t have to have a good memory! I think JM is scared of it all coming tumbling down and that’s why she’s so defensive 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 18
@Flumps I have a similar story, it’s about a guy I dated at Uni for just over a year. He had to go home for specialist tests because he had a rare brain tumour, which was life limiting.
It was all crap, that guy was such a good lier, I was lucky to get out early!

Then I have a friend from school, she has told some whoopers over the years, to the point where I don’t see her anymore because she is so attention seeking with her nonsense. She is clever at sucking people in and fooling them for a while, then too many lies and they evacuate...and so it begins again. Her lies have been staggering.

I am staggered by how convincing people’s lies can be and although I can’t understand what you went through I can see how it happens. Some people are simply crap.

*Edited to add.. this is my experience, in response to flumps experience and not suggesting that anyone involved in Daily Kitchen live has behaved in the same way or that this conversation is linked to that programme. Just a conversation about lying people M’Lord.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.