Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was interested in the segment with the Doctor when he mentioned putting your phone down and spending quality time with your children, it looked to be aimed at one of the co-presenters. Clue as to which one....the one who was looking ‘attacked’ then guffawed.

So no twittering today and her biggest fan has admitted she doesn’t like beans or lentils...sad day, sad sad day at the office.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I was interested in the segment with the Doctor when he mentioned putting your phone down and spending quality time with your children, it looked to be aimed at one of the co-presenters. Clue as to which one....the one who was looking ‘attacked’ then guffawed.

So no twittering today and her biggest fan has admitted she doesn’t like beans or lentils...sad day, sad sad day at the office.
'... yet another dish I will avoid'. Uh-oh, if Jack doesn't hold the pulses and legumes, her number one fan is going to go all Annie Wilkes on her.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Angela Hartnett has a similar nasal monotone voice that I find really hard to listen to (nails down a blackboard)

Reactions: 10
What is peanut chutney I HAVE to know?????
I love it. I was shown how to make it by a south indian friend of mine, other versions ive seen are different but i love her one. Its roasted peanuts, onion, cumin seeds, garlic, touch of ginger, dried red chillies (&i put in 2/3 fresh chillies cos i like it hot), salt & tomato. Then it gets blended and its a beautiful spicy peanut dip 😋

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Angela Hartnett has a similar nasal monotone voice that I find really hard to listen to (nails down a blackboard)
I like her tho, she really knows her stuff and comes across as really caring when she’s on Britain’s Best Dish etc - she’s not pretentious but I do understand where you are coming from.

Reactions: 7
That's just it. Usually I believe that people have the right to change their mind about things without owing anyone an explanation, but Jack positions herself as a spokesperson and profits from it.
That's what pisses me off most of the friends that have changed their "ways" were the bigger consumers of everything to start with, used loads of plastic has they have now found out, now Jesus it was like they came up with the idea. My husband as always been eco friendly so when I moved in with him I must admit I became a bit more savvy, but in saying that I haven't changed everything and I don't hang on about it to my friends because they haven't.

That's what pisses me off most of the friends that have changed their "ways" were the bigger consumers of everything to start with, used loads of plastic has they have now found out, now Jesus it was like they came up with the idea. My husband as always been eco friendly so when I moved in with him I must admit I became a bit more savvy, but in saying that I haven't changed everything and I don't hang on about it to my friends because they haven't.
That's how I see jack she sees a instagram influencer do somethjng, gets on it makes it all about her. Ooh I invented that I did?

Reactions: 6
OMG, Jack’s mum shared this. There’s no way it’s true 🤣

The people who share stuff like this also share posts warning about chalk marking on pavements being some sort of code used by burglars. FFS.
Did you know if you have your left eyebrow pierced it means you're gay?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
No, Naomi. No. Your mistress deceives you. This is *not* a brilliant idea. What you see is a perfectly acceptable taco filling. If you add it to macaroni cheese, you no longer have a taco filling and you no longer have macaroni cheese. You have a mound of hot vomit and a punishing bout of indigestion in the offing. Remember plasticine? If you mix all the different coloured strips together, you don't get a rainbow; you get a sad grey ball.

Capture.JPG

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Please can we make this happen?

I want to see Matt do the Paso Doble. It would be a ratings hit.
Oh yeah, or the Argentian tango.

No, Naomi. No. Your mistress deceives you. This is *not* a brilliant idea. What you see is a perfectly acceptable taco filling. If you add it to macaroni cheese, you no longer have a taco filling and you no longer have macaroni cheese. You have a mound of hot vomit and a punishing bout of indigestion in the offing. Remember plasticine? If you mix all the different coloured strips together, you don't get a rainbow; you get a sad grey ball.

View attachment 115291
Naomi, you need to get some fresh air.

OMG, Jack’s mum shared this. There’s no way it’s true 🤣

The people who share stuff like this also share posts warning about chalk marking on pavements being some sort of code used by burglars. FFS.
Sorry Jack (don't sue me) Your mum is seriously weird too.

Beetroot hummous -barf.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I made a version of it before too. But I cooked the broccoli in with the pasta and added it into a pan with the innards of a sausage, garlic and chilli. Without the chilli, it was a toddler fave made with orzo.
All these chefs are big copy cats.
Although, given Jane if from the river cafe JO might have been ‘inspired’ by her.
This sounds suspiciously like a pasta recipe I copied off John Torode. Except John and I (ha) use toasted fennel seeds. It's all plagiarism 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You know the hummus thing?

I might sound totally ridiculous here because personally I don’t like chickpeas so I don’t like hummus, but what would’ve been wrong with creating a classic take on traditional hummus? Swapping for a couple of extra herbs or spices or adding a flavour other than making it the colour of play-doh?
I don’t get why the recipe has to be absolutely fucked over and started from scratch. I thought chefs always did a classic or modern take on foods.

Reactions: 13
It appears that they have now found an acceptable image of the Dal.

Ha, they're cheating with that library shot!

I wonder where all the Dal goes? The skeleton staff of production crew would probably turn their noses up at it seeing as they're used to michelin-starred food being prepared there. I hope it's not been inflicted on the charities of Clapham, as if people don't have enough crap to deal with.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

View attachment 115291
Christ on a bike Nims, is there anything jack related she doesn't comment on? I'm starting to wonder if Jack pays her 😂😂 cause shes on everything almost instantly, she definitely has notifications for Jack turned on... #creepalert 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 13
You know the hummus thing?

I might sound totally ridiculous here because personally I don’t like chickpeas so I don’t like hummus, but what would’ve been wrong with creating a classic take on traditional hummus? Swapping for a couple of extra herbs or spices or adding a flavour other than making it the colour of play-doh?
I don’t get why the recipe has to be absolutely fucked over and started from scratch. I thought chefs always did a classic or modern take on foods.
Again, it’s another white sauce moment. Hummus is easy to make and one of the ‘most sold‘ food items in the uk. So show people how to make it then show additional options ie add beetroot, peppers, aubergine etc etc. Then add toasted pine notes, sesame seeds, cut flowers seeds etc

The content of this show is, in my opinion, quite odd.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.