Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh seeing this and as a complete novice, can one of you educate me on how to emoji 'react' to a comment rather than just press 'like'? TY in advance šŸ¤—
Hold down the like and other emojis come up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Ooh seeing this and as a complete novice, can one of you educate me on how to emoji 'react' to a comment rather than just press 'like'? TY in advance šŸ¤—
Hello and welcome! Just hold down the like button for a couple of seconds and more will appear

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hold down your finger on the like tab and a row of reactions should pop up before you lift your finger šŸ˜Š

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Iā€™m still confused.

Why did she post the picture of her with the t-shirt on last night, and the video in the dressing room with the curlers?

What did she want to achieve by doing it?! Is this to prove sheā€™s definitely feminine now and not in any way trans or non binary? Both of which sheā€™s been in the past. That video is still making me cringe thinking about it.
i think sheā€™s trying to fish for another interview.

Reactions: 8
I can't believe how rubbish this show has been. I like Nadia and the recycling of her videos is nice to watch but it's just a jar of apple sauce in pastry, nothing revolutionary. Both of those main ingredients are in short supply at the moment anyway.

I assume this whole show format is cheap TV that can be padded out with their library of videos?
Yeh there is so much padding for a 45 min show, I get it with Saturday kitchen but that is hours long

Reactions: 5
A few of my thoughts.
- my husband is a great cook and when she put the coconut milk in the daal he said it looked like a high quality one (I wouldnā€™t know). How different to a few episodes ago when she was chatting about using half a tin for economic reasons. Sme with loads of butter - butter is lovely but a more expensive ingredient.
- someone on twitter calling her out on using said coconut milk - ā€œwe never put coconut milk inā€ etc. So interesting in light of JO comments. As someone said before, if itā€™s a tribute or a dish in the style of another, you need to say that more clearly and acknowledge that isnā€™t what is normally done.
- finding the St George comments very funny. Sheā€™s definitely not responding to as much as before. Can you imagine the pickle sheā€™d get into over these?
- finding comments like ā€œhow else can I heat up my food if I donā€™t have a microwaveā€ very amusing too.
- lots more blender use as well - but a few days ago, didnā€™t use one and spoke about why. Sheā€™s really selling out on her USP if you can call it that in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
How many times, youā€™re immunocompromised with a heart condition, on medication. Fucks sake Jack.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Since the apology yesterday her level of tweets have gone seriously low and seriously beige.

Reckon it was a final warning from the BBC?!

Reactions: 25
Yeh there is so much padding for a 45 min show, I get it with Saturday kitchen but that is hours long
God could you imagine THAT SHOW on for 2 hours.

45 minutes is very entertaining, but I sigh with relief when it's over. At least Matt is less on edge now after a few days of THAT WOMAN in the studio with him :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
God could you imagine THAT SHOW on for 2 hours.

45 minutes is very entertaining, but I sigh with relief when it's over. At least Matt is less on edge now after a few days of THAT WOMAN in the studio with him :LOL:
imagine the party at his house on Friday afternoon

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I couldn't bear to watch the show - she put coconut milk in a dal when she says she's all about saving pennies and using what you've got? The basic principle of dal is so simple and if you use soaked yellow split peas it becomes naturally creamy anyway! All you need is ginger, onion, garlic, some spices and split peas for a basic version which is surely what is useful for people right now? You can add embellishments like coconut milk (which I consider totally unnecessary) after! I like to add blended beetroot to mine right at the end (when I get beets in my veg box...its the only way my child will consume them)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My first post on the thread (have read everything!).
I started to realise that Jack was not as she betrayed herself when she said she drank wine ā€œto see if she was really an alcoholic ā€œ!!
If you are an alcoholic, you donā€™t test the theory. You would be quickly back at the bottom again.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 27
Longtime lurker... These threads are giving me life! šŸ¤£

Missed the the live show this morning so only just catching up, but is JM seriously making an dal in front of Shivi and Dr Rangan??? You know she only planned to talk about Ramadan because Nadiya was coming on the show and she wants to prove she's cultured. The nerve! It makes my (Indian) blood boil...

Edited to add that this is just my opinion, in case of court action šŸ™„

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Lads, I made a daily kitchen recipe.
I had a broccoli that needed using, so made Janes pasta dish. The one our dishy Matt cooked up.

Behold my slop.

Edit: I added in anchovies as it needed a tin
Tricolore pasta?! Not all of us are millionaires :p

I had some dust from the back of the cupboards with bean juice and some peas from the bottom of the freezer.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Lads, I made a daily kitchen recipe.
I had a broccoli that needed using, so made Janes pasta dish. The one our dishy Matt cooked up.

Behold my slop.

Edit: I added in anchovies as it needed a tin
Ooh where did you get this pasta shape? Never seen them here!

Tricolore pasta?! Not all of us are millionaires :p

I had some dust from the back of the cupboards with bean juice and some peas from the bottom of the freezer.
I hope you added some bottled lemon?

Reactions: 8
My first post on the thread (have read everything!).
I started to realise that Jack was not as she betrayed herself when she said she drank wine ā€œto see if she was really an alcoholic ā€œ!!
If you are an alcoholic, you donā€™t test the theory. You would be quickly back at the bottom again.
Omg, when did she say that?

Reactions: 2
I couldn't bear to watch the show - she put coconut milk in a dal when she says she's all about saving pennies and using what you've got? The basic principle of dal is so simple and if you use soaked yellow split peas it becomes naturally creamy anyway! All you need is ginger, onion, garlic, some spices and split peas for a basic version which is surely what is useful for people right now? You can add embellishments like coconut milk (which I consider totally unnecessary) after! I like to add blended beetroot to mine right at the end (when I get beets in my veg box...its the only way my child will consume them)

How wasteful with your beetroot when there is beetroot not-hummus to be made. <shakes head sadly>

Agree with on the dal, though dal makhani I always think of as the fanciest of the dals. But my fav is so simple too, red lentils, butter, an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, a dried red chilli, tumeric and salt. Something magic happens when you cook it and it's so delicious. I just have it with rice, whatever pickle and yoghurt. That one is from Manju Mahli's 'Brit Spice' which is a tremendous book for cheap Indian eats.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.