Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Right? I don’t understand why they don’t open up this platform for people that DO practice fasting to come on & show us what they like eating to break fast!

Peak white twitter liberal thing to do tho
completely agree.i actually thought she was a bit better today and getting into it a bit more but what bugs me is now she’ssuddenly an expert on dahl and indian cooking, yet she’s the total woke type that would scream cultural appropriation if someone else did this...

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Have at it, ladies. Don't mind me, just doing the lord's work, one JPEG at a time.

EII3yaFWoAElCy6.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Those recipes were from other books, not veganish. I'm not sure which ones but either A Girl Called Jack or Cooking on a Bootstrap.
The Daily Mail must have got it wrong - I assume by the year it was actually Cooking on A Bootstrap. Makes much more sense

Googled ‘books by Jack Munroe’ to figure out which it was and found this gem. Sounds like this other Jack Munroe also had a flair for the dramatic (but didn’t claim it to be his life story)
9D134DD6-1AB4-41D9-AD89-D95DC30A4E06.jpeg 20EB09D8-1391-4C33-9C67-B579C08065B9.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Come on Matt, load that taco up and give it to Cack. Should keep her quiet for an hour.
Dare you to do it right as she has a line..... I want more of the awkward silence and fear in her eyes from yesterday! 'tit... It's my line, but my gobs full. I can't help but shovel it in. Loads. I'm poor. This is my only meal today. My 3 freezers packed with food don't count. I'm just here for the free food. Oh wait tit, cameras still on me.... chew chew... panic chew..... swallow.... right....It's me.... tit... I don't have my cards!'

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Also tinned lentils are awful, I don’t mind any other tinned pulses but they are so much worse than dried not to mention more expensive
PREACH! And lentils don't take long to cook from dried anyway.

Reactions: 10
I stupidly scheduled a meeting at 10am so just caught up. Oh man, that dhal 🤮.

Every time I've been shopping there've been loads of beautiful tomatoes reduced to pence, and I haven't been able to get tinned for weeks so she's an absolute tit not to capitalise on that.

Also didn't she bollock That Man for appropriating jollof rice? What's so different about horribly bastardising dhal on national TV?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also loving all the Matt pics (the chefs whites dear lord!) was never much of a fan, thought he was a bit arrogant but his heroics dealing with Jack, lemons, ruby, polenta, pretending to like slop on live tv... I’m quite the convert... hope mrs t has a magnum of red lined up for Friday poor guy deserves it

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Every time I've been shopping there've been loads of beautiful tomatoes reduced to pence, and I haven't been able to get tinned for weeks so she's an absolute tit not to capitalise on that.

Also didn't she bollock That Man for appropriating jollof rice? What's so different about horribly bastardising dhal on national TV?
You might want to eat those words, HarderFaster. Don't you know she's a curry expert (naturally) and can cook 200 unusual, authentic different curries?

Capture.JPG

In the same interview, she says she can't cook rice to save her life but likes making risotto, even though people take the piss out of her because.... oh, I give up.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/break...ushy-peas-but-adores-a-good-curry-872695.html

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21

I’m surprised she hasn’t used her heritage as an excuse, not that being half Greek means you get a free pass to bastardise curry but in her head maybe it makes sense. I remember years ago on Tumblr there was drama because the woke American users were referring to Greeks as POC and Greeks were disagreeing with that and posting photos of groups of pasty blonde Greek schoolchildren. Maybe even she understands that it’d be a step too far

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You might want to eat those words, HarderFaster. Don't you know she's a curry expert (naturally) and can cook 200 unusual, authentic different curries?

View attachment 115123
Ah, of course: I forgot that as "the Greek in the room" she was the nation's authority on curry. I wonder what the good people of Bradford, Leicester, Rusholme et al would make of her expertise?

Reactions: 8
I missed the last 15 minutes. Sounds like a good job I did.

Gosh if I was poor and had to eat that stew, bake, dahl or casserole Jack insists all poor people have to eat all the time because they can’t have fresh fruit and vegetables then I’d rob a sandwich from Tesco. A plain ham one as even that is better than this undercooked greasy tit that’s being slopped out by her.

Reactions: 10
Ah, of course: I forgot that as "the Greek in the room" she was the nation's authority on curry. I wonder what the good people of Bradford, Leicester, Rusholme et al would make of her expertise?
I'm sure they're just dying for her to condescend to introduce them to "new flavours and concepts". FFS.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've been looking up that dhal she made, just cause the use of curry powder annoyed me. Turns out it should be cream you use. Where it is from don't have coconuts, so they'd never be used. And it should be on the simmer for ages.

Also masala = spice mix
The sauce is known as gravy.

So again, slop in curry powder and she's passing it off as something else. Jack, this is your Jollof rice.

Also, there are some amount of racists on twitter. They're hashtagging the show, giving it the big, wht you cooking about Ramadan but not St Georges day. But these are the same idiots asking how to reheat is you don't have a micro. FFS. How have we evolved as a species.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.