Jack Monroe #8 Grates meats, deletes tweets and when she denies it we've got the receipts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With
And no matter what 'excuse' you had, if you have caused upset or hurt you have to take responsibility for it and endeavour to change. Finally, if you often lie or fudge the truth, you need to accept that it makes whatever you say going forward less credible. Not hard to understand.

🤣
Lies and fudging spirals. You need to remember what you said because it contradicts further down the road. This is why she deletes a lot of her tweets.

Reactions: 10
I'm keen to see her talking about this innovative salad bag pesto that she apparently so creatively researched for ages and ages and found nothing like it at all online so can safely call it her own creation... She clearly didn't research very hard or was specifically looking for just things called salad bag pesto, because a friend of mine makes a pesto using lettuce from a recipe she found online around 2014 ish, I'll have to double check with her for the exact date (incase the judge asks) and when I did a quick Google search I found several recipes that are years old using lettuce leaves and salad greens to make pesto, so I'm unsure how she thinks her salad bag version is anything new 😂
I read that as pesto made out of "lettuce from 2014"!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
I've decided that the positives from watching Daily Kitchen the past few weeks are:

1. Evolving crush on Matt. Each day I find something else about him that I fancy. I'm gonna start watching Saturday kitchen and tell my husband it's 'research'

2. Nigella is dreamy. Girl crush. There I said it. Her eyelashes, her waist, her perfect lip gloss, her mellow tones, her carefully chosen words that make nearly everything she does sexy. (Like jack- I'm gonna curl my hair put on a fitted top and just pretend for 5 minutes I can be like nigella too)

3. My cooking isn't tit. Thanks to Jack I can confirm I feed our family well! With flavour! Utilising ingredients! On a budget. Boom.

4. This Tattle family thread has SAVED me many many times throughout the day from the chaos that is my house right now with 4 kids climbing the walls. It's been a much needed escape. Laughing out loud. Giggling to myself. And boosted my creativity to find something to entertain everyone so I can tune in and watch while checking in with my fellow Tattlers.

5. I love Matt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Let's get some bets rolling...

Will there be salmon paste?

Will there be salad bag salmonella?

And most importantly, will Matt's sleeves be rolled up or down?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I am rather loathe to mention this but I wonder what effect all this stuff may have on her son. Surely he is at an age where some of this stuff may prove embarrassing for him.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I've decided that the positives from watching Daily Kitchen the past few weeks are:

3. My cooking isn't tit. Thanks to Jack I can confirm I feed our family well! With flavour! Utilising ingredients! On a budget. Boom.
You're too fancy for this thread
Too fancy for this thread
So fancy it hurts
And you're too fancy for Black Pepper
Too fancy for Black Pepper
Real Lemons, and spice
You're too fancy for this thread
Too fancy for this thread
No way to delete all the tweets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
It's odd how often people suggest jack as a vegan expert, and she has the nerve to complain about others stealing her thunder 😆

That pisses me off so much. She went vegan for about five minutes, and I'm not sure she ever fully did it (I remember and article saying she had gone to a friend's house and they had made chicken, so she ate it, as it was already made and therefore she did not cause additional meat consumption).

Whatever, I don't care if she's vegan or not or how morally strange the above is. What I do care about is that she's accused JO on 'stealing her act', yet she profits from the vegan pound, whilst not at all being vegan. I've been vegan for nearly ten years and like to support vegan chefs/cooks with my hard-earned cash. Glad I never bought her book. I much prefer JO's approach, who never claimed to be vegan, never has commented on veganism, but praises veg dishes and offers lots of vegan options. I can respect that much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Let's get some bets rolling...

Will there be salmon paste?

Will there be salad bag salmonella?

And most importantly, will Matt's sleeves be rolled up or down?
[/QUOTE
Tin of tuna mashed with carrots and a sauce made from brown sauce, salad cream and Hollandaise. Yum yum am I right?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I did mean the food, not Matt.

I really love that guy that plays the drums to the BBC news thee song. He is brilliant and love the fact that he is suited and booted while doing it.

Reactions: 10
I have been reading some of her 'recipes' but this has got to be foul. Rinsing tinned stewing beef?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
QUOTE="SoulRebel, post: 1208831, member: 69151"]
I have been reading some of her 'recipes' but this has got to be foul. Rinsing tinned stewing beef?

[/QUOTE]

If you have a tin of stewed beef, surely there are more delicious and simple meals to make. Ie bung it on a baked potato and serve with veg?

The whole ingredient replacement idea is beginning to sound like a petulant child.
I want lasagna but I don’t have lasagna sheets.....aaaahhhh, whinge, whine, moan....I know I’ll put in spaghetti.

Sometimes in life, in food, in jobs, in social situations, in relationships we can’t have what we want. Learning how to deal with that is pretty much called growing up.

Reactions: 15

I am far from snobby but if I had to buy tinned stewing beef I would probably give up meat completely.

Reactions: 7
That pisses me off so much. She went vegan for about five minutes, and I'm not sure she ever fully did it (I remember and article saying she had gone to a friend's house and they had made chicken, so she ate it, as it was already made and therefore she did not cause additional meat consumption).

Whatever, I don't care if she's vegan or not or how morally strange the above is. What I do care about is that she's accused JO on 'stealing her act', yet she profits from the vegan pound, whilst not at all being vegan. I've been vegan for nearly ten years and like to support vegan chefs/cooks with my hard-earned cash. Glad I never bought her book. I much prefer JO's approach, who never claimed to be vegan, never has commented on veganism, but praises veg dishes and offers lots of vegan options. I can respect that much more.
Same here. Vegan five years and as I said previously, it boils my plant based piss when non-vegans profit off veganism. Or when people like Jack try it for five minutes and then make a complete mockery of it.

Reactions: 17
Was it Matt who asked her if you could use spaghetti in a lasagne? I wonder if he had a bet with a mate that he could get her to say yes to something so ludicrous and stupid? If so fair play to Matt, superb work.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.