Jack Monroe #79 Big mistake. Big. HUGE.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean, she was still doing basic initial “research” (i.e. printing out pages from Wikipedia ffs) a few days ago. I doubt she’s even sketched out a structure/outline for this book. And she has less than a fortnight left.
Actually she's got a couple of days left, if her twitter postings to Liz Jones are accurate.
It kind of makes sense that it would come in 2 pieces because who could get the whole thing through their front door HOWEVER I'm kind of shocked that the top bit is just perched on the bottom bit? What if it falls over? It's a potential death trap!

Reactions: 21
She owns a ton of status symbol shit. She pretends most of it is gifted, found in mud, or bought from a charity shop for 2p.
Yep it’s so weird. I like nice things and love to get good quality things from secondhand shops if I can but having a $500+ (or whatever it was) scarf is of 0 interest to me and I would just feel weird wearing it. Plus even though she’s quickly losing followers she is a public figure and by wearing Burberry she is actually promoting that lifestyle.

Reactions: 19
I'm not even sure if its on purpose - it seems practically impossible for Jack to pose anywhere in her house without a piece of Cotswold furniture being somewhere in the background! My 60 year old mother would be very jealous.
i am pretty jealous of the amount she has spent of flash furniture, and the sideboards are lovely but 4 is more than enough you are going to put up with them for quite a while if you save spent £4k on them. Unless you rake in £100k+ per year for mostly twatting about on twitter.

Reactions: 29
Actually I find the best place for bargains is my Sainsbury’s local. When I was in this morning there was loads of vegan stuff (nobody wants it). I regularly get their meatballs in the bargain section and pop in then in the freezer.
I can recommend the reduced section in Lidl they seem to reduce early mornings. I live about 3 mins from one and around 7.30am is a good time for 70p and 20p bargains on a lucky day.

Reactions: 15
Be awful if it just, I don’t know, fell over

Reactions: 21

nah, she found them in a skip behind wilkos, lugged them home with the 36 litres of paint

Reactions: 33
Don’t give her ideas! We know she has a pattern of sustaining “injuries” just before important deadlines. I foresee a catastrophic sideboard-related accident in the next day or two ...

Reactions: 24
Thankfully all the Denby & Le Crueset only cost 40 pence.

Agreed it’s a death trap, I do hope it’s been secured to the wall? And properly, with super long screws, not by our death trap DIYer!
Screwed to the wall? SHE RENTS!!!!

Reactions: 46
You've already won the "spookiest halloween icon" and its only September

Hells bells, JM must have at least 5K in cotswold furniture alone. I hope she doesnt have to resort to turning it to kindling as she shivers in the eaves of her big cold empty bedroom(s), in her bloody huge shitty little bungalow.

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
This is all so delicious and reasonable, thank you!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.