Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mokie

Chatty Member
Maybe when she was with Allegra and they were, I don’t know, recipe testing. Perhaps Jack suggested ‘needs plenty of black pepper’ and Allegra agreed. Perhaps she thinks this counts as being a brand/recipe consultant?

And if it was somewhere like Pret, I can’t see they would want to be associated with her. Look at her output, rinsed beans, peaches in curry. It would jar with the Pret brand. And she is a loose cannon. Look how quickly Sainsbury’s dropped her after the comment about Cameron’s son. If you want to get on in the media/celeb world you have to keep your gob shut.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I think she lives her life as a student does. Where they get their loan in and throw it up the wall on useless shite the. Spend the rest of term eating very basic meals and tabbing off their mates and family for money until the next loan day. I lived with a girl like that as ironically so did my sister a good few years before in halls.

Not all students are like that but you do get them.
You can forgive students cos financial education in this country is abysmal, but for someone who’s very likely raked in over half a mil in income over the last decade (and that’s a very generously conservative estimate) it’s pretty sad. What makes it actually immoral is the constant poor fishing & pretending to be surviving on £20 a week, sorry but even if cash is tight right now you’ve got plenty of assets to sell - so it is a choice at the end of the day, not an inescapable hole your followers should help you out of.

• Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
Tbf those leeks look exactly as I would have expected a fingerblasted leek to look.

• Haha
  • Sick

Scarletfever

VIP Member
"Half a dozen household name outlets" that sell her concoctions.

Ok, maybe she does mean Leon, but we are missing the fact that she says half a dozen, so we need another five!

Unless she means half a dozen branches of Leon ... Jackie's vague wording strikes again.

ETA: maybe she is including Greggs since she invented vegan steak bakes :rolleyes:

• Haha

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
The thing that pisses me off most about her now claiming poverty is that - unlike a great many ordinary people - she has done very well out of lockdown. In particular:
(1) There was the Hellmann’s job - she said herself that this paid 5 figures (so *at least* £10,000 - could have been more - for 45 minutes’ work a week, when she could be arsed to turn up, and little to no prep, judging by the results).
(2) She had 2 weeks of DKL - that would have paid significantly more than Hellmann’s, I’d guess. So another £10,000+.
(3) She published a book - so there will be royalties etc. from that PLUS royalties from her previous books.
(4) She’s currently writing another book, possibly 2 books - so I assume she would have received an advance?
(5) She did that housing conference thing - a paid gig.
(6) The monthly Patreon cash continues to roll in, and she has increased her subscribers.
(7) Not forgetting her ongoing income from ads, affiliate links and monetised videos.
That’s quite a bit of income since March. Much better than the average person’s, I’d say. She is a shameless bullshitter.
I wonder if there are any royalties though? If she’s had an advance and pissed that up the wall, the latest book everyone forgot was even published and she did no pushing of apart from the cover pic of her twitter page (even having her own ‘bad days’ and openly admitting to eating biscuits - THEN not NOW) maybe she owes the publisher money 😂

Why is no one talking about the naughty mouthfeel of a cheeky wet ham

I'm so sorry 😄
I don’t feel like you really are sorry 😐

• Haha
  • Wow

MancBee

VIP Member
I'm not happy with that sort of speculation. I think that we should steer well clear of making suppositions about things that are not in the public arena.
No speculation, just a personal account of what happened to my uncle and all the information is available the public arena. She may well have informed those necessary, no suppositions on my part either way. Just a cautionary tale for anyone running a business from a residential property. My uncle was reported by a neighbour, it can happen to anyone. Just saying.

Reactions: 42

Droosie123

VIP Member
If I remember correctly, Jack claimed Mrs J joined Tattle after she left.

Don't know about anyone else, but I'm fully expecting them to get back together.

Given their joint stupid giggling glee over such a silly thing like hiding THAT MAN'S books in book shops I'd say they deserve each other.

• Haha
  • Heart

MrsOgre

VIP Member
From fb. Had a quick scroll and got no idea what this person is on about unless they mean the cartoon filter posts? Nobody should be glad Jack is cooking IMHO.
E2A2D904-DB76-4941-8B63-3B7C160E666C.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

TurnedUpInTipp

VIP Member
Problem is she nigh on unemployable, bit of an attitude!
I think the actual problem is that she doesn't want to start at the bottom and work her way up like everyone else.
She wouldn't pot wash and peel spuds in a restaurant (and learn some knife skills) because she wants to be head chef.
She's not happy with a 'bit part' on a cooking show, to learn how to not look a prick to everyone, she wants a whole show to herself.

• Heart

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
I'm still not over finding the Burberry scarf in the mud. Can we have proof please Jack. There is no way that you, who documents every mundane life event possible on your social media, never mentioned this before. And how did you get it looking so NEW? Here for the miraculous cleaning tips xx

• Haha
  • Heart
I actually think she may have been duped. Imagine JO or nigella giving up some recipies to a chain restaurant for them to be told, ssshhh don't tell anyone. It's a bit cheeky of the chain and she deserves the credit with her name attached in my opinion. If indeed they had used her recipies.
Options for the 'secret creator of many dishes monroe' is;
A) didn't happen
B) did a normal person job with a normal person contract with a normal person confidentially agreement.

Companies pay a premium for known creators / celebs, it makes no sense to pay a self confessesed 'not-a-chef' to create dishes without credit. Also doesn't creating dishes for a chain go against the grain for our ethical, no chain (unless it's dishoom), 90% vegan?

• Heart