Jack Monroe #78 All of your food is brown

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She loves throwing in pointless adjectives, like it adds more depths to her writing and makes her sound intelligent when she’s doing a “moody” selfie/article for the Guardian. Then does lots of “very very” “many many” posts “the shitty bungalow is very very cold” and “many many notices” writing like we were taught exactly NOT to write once we got to secondary school age 11. You can see when she’s spent an age thinking about her words and when she’s replying to a tweet with a lie

Reactions: 27
A little rummage on facebook shows several "found" Burberry scarves, but not That One, but there seem to be loads of scams with random people receiving very realistic fakes, unsolicited, through the post, ( is this called "brushing"?) , for the purpose of leaving a review of a "verified" purchase on Amazon.

Her story is such a pit of slurry.

Reactions: 25
I was in Sarfend in November last year (to see Tim Minchin at the Cliffs). I’m *sure* I just happened to lose my Burberry scarf...
I wouldn’t have seen any notices or FB posts on local pages as I don’t live there
Go on, dare me
Scarfend, please...

Reactions: 48
Yes! I’m dying for someone to do this. I bet someone somewhere has actually lost a Burberry scarf, she’s so full of shit it would become so awkward with her changing the details of her bullshit (obsessive about facts) to squirm out of it.

Reactions: 21
Funny how she was offered a Burberry trench coat for free but turned it down for moral reasons. What are the chances that a few years on she’d find herself a free Burberry scarf. How lovely.

Reactions: 49
Finding a Burberry scarf in the mud, having it cleaned and trying desperately to find the owner and merely now "looking after it" is just one of those instant classic Jack Monroe moments. It's immediately in my top 3.

Reactions: 64
No offence but Thanks to TV I find Burberry really chavvy. Wouldn't touch it even if I found it.

Reactions: 23
Anyone a member of any Southend Facebook groups?
I’m in quite a few, no Burberry scarves popping up on the search. But as Jack said this was many many years ago so it’ll have been removed now. That is definitely why nothing comes up and not because it’s a lie..

On the Southend Crimewatch page someone had their car broken in to a couple of years ago and a Burberry scarf was one of the items stolen.

Reactions: 45
No offence but Thanks to TV I find Burberry really chavvy. Wouldn't touch it even if I found it.
Yes. Reminds me of those fellas that would sell 5 lighters for a pound and fake Burberry caps in Belfast city centre back in the day. That being said, I would still absolutely love to find a genuine designer anything. What luck she has!

Reactions: 27
I was thinking of one the other day, but you beat me to it.

Here is mine:

Reactions: 55
The ‘nice lady editor offering her a Burberry coat over lunch’ receipt. Soz if someone’s already posted this, I’m a tired Frau tonight.

Reactions: 44
View attachment 254788
The mittens are from Asda, stand down Fraus. And honestly, the milk tray man. Why are her references always so strangely dated?
The strangely dated cultural references will be from having very little herself but picking some up from older girlfriends I would wager.

I can say this with some confidence as I’m the same age as Jack and despite remembering a fair bit of TV from my early childhood years, I have 0 memory of the milk tray man because he’s way before my time however, I know of the reference because of an older ex!

Reactions: 25
Wish she'd do a poll on 'Who believed my story about the scarf?'. I am absolutely hooting. Dear god how gullible are these people

Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.