Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am the coldest person ever ever ever and wear huge jumpers when everyone else is too warm. I put the heating in the office on 32 degrees when I got in this morning and despite complaints it’s like LA right now, I’m just about warm!

I’m wearing a hoody and jeans, and a coat. No hat, no mittens (like I would anyway) and definitely no Burberry scarf. She’s just showing off her wares for some throwaway Twitter content. bleep.

Edited to add - I’ve just looked up how much a Burberry scarf costs....£370 😱😱😱 That is literally just throwing away money. I could get 35% discount off it from work and still wouldn’t spend money on it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
the colour's not exactly the same (could be the light or filters though) but these a a good match for the mittens

Screenshot_20200925-120036_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Late to the party as ever...did a very random Grunka (I call it Grunka Bingo) whilst working early, but that cat mask. What. The. duck. I may have to reach for the Night Nurse tonight 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 25
FFS, I live by the North Sea🔺🔺🔺and it's not nearly cold enough for that Arctic get up. Haven't even had our heating on. Been walking the dog this morning in hoody, hat and fleecy jacket and was totally fine. What a plum.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Was just googling mittens (work? What work?). These terrifying gloves could be yours for just £440.

I'll get us a few pairs in just in case the court room is chilly.

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 12.13.53.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I know this has been mentioned before, but is she banging on about how cold she is once it dips below 20C because she's waiting for people to tell her to eat more/put on weight?

• Angry
Reactions: 20
I know this has been mentioned before, but is she banging on about how cold she is once it dips below 20C because she's waiting for people to tell her to eat more/put on weight?
Yes absolutely.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I wouldn't be surprised if all her 'label' tit is moody as duck.
Bought off a couple who holiday in Turkey every year.
Sell sausages and bacon they smuggled out to a local cafe that does the Full English because, "We don't eat that foreign shite, do we Sylv!"
They spend that money in the markets buying fake five quid Gant, Burberry and Lacoste shite to sell up the pub for £25 a pop when they get home.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
It's obvious why she's dressed like this on a not very cold autumn day. She's a basic witch. Burberry scarf, fluffy parka and mittens, fecking earmuffs. She's probably just off out to Starbucks to get her first pumpkin spice latte of the season.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I think if nothing else it proves how frivolous she is with money. For someone so concerned when the post arrives or when there’s a knock at the door - she’s certainly not scared to spend a fair whack on clothing herself, especially when I’ve noticed her son has never worn a brand above generic clothing yet that I’ve seen.

Being self employed you need to be able to plan and budget for when you don’t have work (like now) and it’s ridiculous she thinks nothing of spending £370 on a scarf that you could buy one just as good and beautiful from Accessorize for £30, yet feeds herself and son from Asda’s smartprice range. None of it makes sense, at all.

JM is either scared of the door or spending money on clothes, you can’t have both. She’s either cash rich or shaking the tip jar, again you can’t have both. Why aren’t her followers seeing this and piecing it together? If you saw someone begging for donations as they can’t afford proper Coke or whatever it was the other day yet goes out wearing a £370 scarf (which is 3/4’s of the average weekly income in the U.K.), surely you’d be a bit confused?!

She infuriates me. Preying on the poor to fund her weekend millionaire lifestyle and Ocado shops. It’s sickening. And abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
An updated version of Jack's wild spending which has now considerably outstripped the National Living Wage. Estimates are always conservative (note the small c):

Hammock - £399
Sentient mirror - £300
Burberry scarf - £220
24" TV for SB's PlayStation - £120
Hanging chairs (2) - £300 (£150 each)
Dyson fan - £339
Dyson hair dryer - gift from Louisa
Smeg (double American style) - £2500
Viv westwood dress - £150 (assume sale)
Nike VaporMax (x 2 minimum) - £360
Cotswold catalogue - £3000
Sweaty Betty leggings - £75
Lumie alarm clock - £170
R&P bras (x 2 minimum) - c. £200
Airpods - £199
Airpods pro - £249
Apple Watch (assume series 3) - £199
Sleeper to Edinburgh - min. £250 last min on a Friday
3 nights at Eden Locke, Edinburgh - £309
Last minute train home on a Monday morning - £170 minimum
Vets bills - £700
Sad Asda shop - £20
Ocado Zoom deliveries - she can't afford Ocado...

TOTAL - £10,229

Also that lipstick doesn't match the coat and anyone who told her otherwise is a liar.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Maybe they want to help pay her gas bill 😠

Reactions: 11
How is she going to get the face mask on over that lot? Just had to double check, we are still in September🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Every single picture of her is so filtered (top tip Jack, dial down the "whiten eyes" button on Facetune). She's incredibly vain isn't she?

Reactions: 22
It's obvious why she's dressed like this on a not very cold autumn day. She's a basic witch. Burberry scarf, fluffy parka and mittens, fecking earmuffs. She's probably just off out to Starbucks to get her first pumpkin spice latte of the season.
Is that an Electronic Cigarette in the pocket? Must be a real boon to the asthma.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.