Jack Monroe #77 Further into the depths of culinary depravity

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Reactions: 26
Omg fraus, what have I just found? Under this old Guardian recipe of hers, Jack spotted someone making critical (but correct) comments and replied! Have you ever seen the likes of it?

And again on this recipe:

Oh and again here!

Blimey sorry didn't expect to find so much!

Also.. lol

Some things never change.

Last edited:
Reactions: 117
Utter genius

Reactions: 22
Dear me, how pathetic. Also, aren’t Guardian comments moderated? The mods must have had a good laugh as they approved comment after comment. I’m embarrassed for her

Reactions: 49
Not sure why but "neither a cabbage nor a pea" has me hooting! Cheeky mare. Those commenters have her sussed down to a T. And she's STILL stealing a living from this shit!

Reactions: 43
Riso, not ris, is italian for rice, you eau de ninny!

Reactions: 70
Once a spiteful she-devil, always a spiteful she-devil.

Reactions: 25
[
Indeed! I still often make a tuna/tomato/basics cream cheese pasta dish from an Anabel Karmel Weaning your Toddler book that is delicious, cheap, nutritious and quick. And because my kids are no longer toddlers, and my husband is obviously fully grown, I would use 2 large tins of tuna to feed a real 4 people.

also, sorry to go on about the ads, but seriously....

I’m not sure I appreciate my potential court outfit being influenced in this manner

Reactions: 42
Not sure why but "neither a cabbage nor a pea" has me hooting! Cheeky mare. Those commenters have her sussed down to a T. And she's STILL stealing a living from this shit!
For me it was 'I do do a good torta con Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated black olives and homemade grape jelly' - partly because whilst trying to sound clever she spells 'desiccated' wrong

Reactions: 53
“I’m all for constructive criticism..” mid getting wound up by constructive criticism. She really is clueless on the self-awareness front, just completely oblivious.

Reactions: 45
Dear me, how pathetic. Also, aren’t Guardian comments moderated? The mods must have had a good laugh as they approved comment after comment. I’m embarrassed for her
I'm not
For me it was 'I do do a good torta con Gorgonzola semi freddo with dessicated black olives and homemade grape jelly' - partly because whilst trying to sound clever she spells 'desiccated' wrong
It's semifreddo you arrogant numpty.

Reactions: 19
Do we reckon the grape jelly turned out as successfully as the greengage jam?

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.