Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mokie

Chatty Member
Still GK’ling

@Veronicaaa 👏👏👏

I’m flabbergasted honestly

And disgusted that she thinks its ok to feed her son crap food when she’s got a house full of expensive furniture and an Emin hung up in the bog. I get there is a place for cheap food/clothes but sometimes it’s about choices. You can’t justify feeding your kid crap when you have made the choice to spend your money on a Smeg, John Lewis hammock etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Scarletfever

VIP Member
I haven't been able to keep up properly as i've been having a lovely time barbecuing in the garden.

I have been laughing out loud at the posts though whenever I did get a chance to look in. You are all utterly hilarious and absolutely on fire this evening.

Her asda shop has really angered me.

Lots of things, but if I can just pick up on her insistence on doing a full weekly shop at Asda then lying on twitter that she prefers her greengrocers etc. If that's the case then just go to fucking Asda once and get enough to do you until you can get to the greengrocer tomorrow. I seriously doubt she needed to buy all that fruit and veg today.

Is she about to suddenly and without warning need to self isolate? Is there a reason she needs to get seven days' worth of food in when her son is at school every day and she has plenty of time to shop properly?

The sausages, 17p cola, maize snacks and instant mash have also pissed me off. Why would you feed a growing child that crap unless you had no other option?

• Heart
The sausages thing just shows how out of touch she is. The problem isn't that they contain "bollocks and eyelids", the problem is a) those were not happy pigs and b) they are 68% water and assorted filler.

I buy mostly local produce, largely for political reasons. I'm sure my sausages contain some unappetising parts of the pig. I don't care - I'm a meat eater, it would be hypocritical to kick up a fuss. Plus these sausages are a hell of a lot more than 32% meat, taste great, and are very filling. They don't cost the earth either - and because they are not full of water, they stretch further. Same principle as buying mature cheese rather than mild, as you don't need to use so much.

To then say that any sausage is better than no sausage? No. Hell, my student cookbooks used to advise avoiding the cheapest nastiest meat, and that was over a decade ago. If you genuinely can't afford slightly more expensive sausages (NB Jack, you don't fall into this category), there are lots of cheap alternatives to get protein into your diet.

But she's back to her weird reverse snobbery about being too poor to enjoy fancy ingredients like ethical meat or arborio rice or salt. This phase rolls round a LOT.
Yes. Last Sunday I went to Waitrose to pick up bits for dinner (fancy) and the free range meat was something unbelievable like £12 for a pack of chicken so I bought a load of vegetables instead (butchers was closed UGH) and made a big hearty stew. Shall I write an article on it so you peasants can do it too?

• Haha
  • Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
The way she photographs and catalogs every rank meal she makes for that poor kid just astonishes me. You should see the masterpieces my kids get for their dinners! Seriously, my kids eat like royalty compared to hers - the child of an actual food writer.

• Haha

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I'm awake, but I live upside down to most of you 🙃😊

Ugh, why brag about feeding your child that nasty crap? Why does she never buy mince, it's super cheap (even decent stuff) and you can do a bajillion and one things with it? You can stretch the life out of it with veggies and pulses to make it even cheaper and more nutritious, much healthier for a growing lad. Why buy packet mixes after bragging about owning every single spice in the entire world? So many questions, so much bollocks!
Why buy mince when you can grate a tin of corned beef 🙃

• Haha
  • Sick

Harrybosch

VIP Member
She is so *obviously* responding to us. She can't help herself. Apparently there'll be no more buying furniture for the foreseeable cos she's so poor so just FUCK OFF NOW ok?? 🙃

Of course, we fraus will always be here, ready to pounce on any accidentally tweeted new purchases 🧐
Quick question, how often does one buy furniture? Where I'm from its usually when you move in somewhere and there is no furniture and when an item breaks. Is it different in Southend? Reader, I'm not buying any furniture for the foreseeable either.

• Haha
  • Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Just subtly steering the narrative to explain away her many, many high-end possessions. - They were *all* purchased in the small amount of time that she was sharing outgoings, of course!
She has her begging bowl out on March, before L left, and it was all tears and clawing the carpet and tales of her frugality.

Now it's yeah, I spunked a load of money on expensive shit because I could afford it what with two incomes Even the densest of her Jackolytes will be putting things together

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Hello to all the cabal, I’m outing myself as another lurker 👋 I came across Mack Jonroe on a podcast that I was listening to and her story prompted me to give her a follow on Instagram. Soon after I muted her posts because there was too many of them and I just wasn’t interested in having my feed dedicated to one person. Then she uploads her post Helmans excitement stories and it had me so confused that someone who’s jobs is SM would post those creepy, basically unreadable stories. I then saw her wig posts and it had me wondering was I the only person who thinks this is strange.. which led me here to this fabulous coven.

I’m done my fair share of grunka’ing since then and I honestly think this whole cartoon filter leading into the alt account that was sending secret messages to tattle is the wildest turn yet. You couldn’t make this stuff up 😐
I love that you were still out in the wilderness, enduring that purely bizarre content, alone, you brave woman. At least we’ve always had each other for each full moon or candy man moment. 😂

• Haha

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I'm surprised she's not tweeting the Scottish Whisky Association about her vinegar tea.

A peaty isles malt? Gott in Himmel! That's like saying Sunny Delight tastes like a vintage Dom Perignon.

• Haha