Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking at that 'haul', for a 'cookery writer' who lives quaking in fear of starvation, she doesn't keep a well stocked pantry/3 freezers does she 🤔?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I spend on average about 30 pound on my shopping my eldest doesn't eat meat, but I get my meat from the butcher. I normally spend about 15-18 pound and the rest on cupboard staples. My fruit and veg I get from the market and spend about a fiver. I have mentioned before I rarely use tins other than tomatoes. Nearly all my food is fresh and flavoured with herbs and spices that have been collected for ages.

Tinned food is all very good and all but there are cheaper ways and frozen to be is better.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She’s dropped another 200 followers. Now 286,100 - last week she had 287,100.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Apparently, Jackie will be writing a book about how to food shop ethically. It’s already commissioned.

*No, no, m’lud, you cannot infer an accusation of hypocrisy and grift from that statement.
**Defendants’ exhibit 1: sausages for the SB

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
She only got that massive Oddbox delivery (that she did that weird gurning video for) a week ago - she can’t have gone through all that veg already surely.
To be fair, i get a massive veg box every week and the four of us eat all of it in 5-6 days.

Reactions: 15
Looking at that 'haul', for a 'cookery writer' who lives quaking in fear of starvation, she doesn't keep a well stocked pantry/3 freezers does she 🤔?
I was just thinking this. I watched an old video of Nigella's last night on youtube which i think was many years ago and she went into her larder for a pack of pasta. She had at least 50 packs of pasta in stock, the items were almost falling off the shelves. Made me think if Jack actually has a larder or 3 herself.

Reactions: 11
I think I’ve figured out the squiggles (ish)...so proud. Anyway, rank (in both senses) sausages and hypocrisy.
the bleeping AUDACITY of this smart price sausage, lunch meat paste buying witch! when has she ever EVER promoted ethical food choices? Is she trying to jump on gizzi’s bandwagon? This has really pissed me off

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Those sausages are bleeping vile. Basically breadcrumbs, fat, gristle and salt. Massively unhealthy and nasty tasting. I am certain most meat eaters would rather have a veggie meal than crap.

• Sick
Reactions: 33
I think I missed it but...she went to Asda TWICE for two lots of shite! You don’t need to eat that sort of tit if you’re struggling, more proof that she has no idea about feeding you and your one child home cooked decent food on a budget. My kids didn’t touch fizzy pop until they could drink it with vodka, most kids these days drink water or diluting juice, fizzy shite cola is gonna be great for his teeth 🙄

Attachments

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.