Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
NO ONE IS REFERRING TO ANYTHING AS BUTTERGATE!
You are obviously not one of the “people in the know!”

I also want to chime in to say this current book is also not the Ouchy Mouth cookbook either. She has a lot of books to be getting on with. Maybe she’ll get all these done during her social media break

Reactions: 24
i‘ve begun grunkalunka-ing a bit and got to the part in the “jack for dummies” recap and HOOTED when i saw that jack’s dad is a landlord?!?!? given that my first intro to her was the for sale fiasco!!! what an absolute penis.

Reactions: 46
hahaha this is brilliant, this has properly made me laugh out loud tonight.

" 2billion times your paltry salary you piece of shit "

Reactions: 26
At the risk of derailing the discussion, I just came across this video from 5 years ago of JM making a lasagne that looked so much more palatable than her recent efforts. Her tip for making bechamel with oil rather than butter was worth testing. She DID start her onion in a cold pan, and could have browned the mince a bit more before adding the sauce (top tip - dry fry mince, making sure you get lots of lovely crunchy bits before adding to a recipe) but the end product was much more appealing than the value lasagne. NB no horse's spunk was involved in the making of this film.

Reactions: 10
It’s taken me ages to catch up as I’ve been busy writing to Jack. Can’t wait to post off my memories of Jack to Natalia. Hope I get a reply and invited on that lovely Daily Kitchen Show she does

Reactions: 49
I'm glad I wasn't the only one trying to work that one out. Can we add "arse higher than hips" onto her list of ailments please?
Jack Monroe: #75 Poverty-Stricken Arse Higher Than Hips, You Should Feel Obliged to Give Me Tips

Reactions: 38
If your arse is higher than your hips you’re probably doing a handstand and if you’re doing one next to a train that’s just asking for trouble

Reactions: 55
this is actually really sad. She seems normal. I think fame has ruined her.

Reactions: 17
this is actually really sad. She seems normal. I think fame has ruined her.
That's what I thought. I liked her a lot way back then. She didn't pretend to be a great cook but gave useful tips to people who were clueless about cooking. She made food that was cheap, nourishing and edible and had an engaging personality - yet we must remember that even then her backstory should have been questioned.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.