Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I always forget how weird English shopping hours and similar are. I was gobsmacked one time when I was staying in London and they shut the bar at 10-something on a Saturday night! 😲😳🙄
This makes me sound pathetic, but whenever I’m in Scotland I inevitably end up at a supermarket at 7pm on a Sunday just for the novelty 😁😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
There must be another book joining the queue of unwritten tomes...."feed your family on £20 a week". Yawn. Lorna Cooper published one in January...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
but there was a ruckus at the bakery which she had to get involved in! and she's totally justified in having 2 doughnuts in a row, the greedy goblin. I'm kinda getting a vision of her snatching the doughnuts out of some poor sod's hands.

and why 2 trips? just get a taxi back like the old dears do!

and why am I actually spending time examining a stranger's receipts?! don't I have better things to do? (no, I do not)
Oh has she thrown in some triggering eating disorder bullshit too? What am I thinking, of course she bleeping has

She only got that massive Oddbox delivery (that she did that weird gurning video for) a week ago - she can’t have gone through all that veg already surely.
The bunnies ate that

TBH taking the reduced goods is ridiculous if her stated aim is helping people on low budgets. The whole point of those reductions is that they change every day, so you can't very well start your recipe with "Hang out in the reduced section until you find a chicken for 50p."
Yes this is too true I never thought of that. Just think it’s so selfish really but then she’s synonymous with selfish. Oh also she’s been very peripatetic today doing two trips to the shops

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
So she's doing a £20 a week challenge. Ngl I love this stuff. But the stuff in the pics don't quite match the stuff in the receipts. Like she bought cola but she didn't take a pic of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This makes me sound pathetic, but whenever I’m in Scotland I inevitably end up at a supermarket at 7pm on a Sunday just for the novelty 😁😂
And do you use the opportunity to sidle up to your favourite food writers and whisper, Voldemort-style, how much you revere them?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
From veganish to smart price sausages. Seriously Jack, please duck right off 🙄

Hey all, first time poster here. Been lurking since the DW pile on and have spent many an hour grunkaling through the threads. Loving your work fraus.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
perky mink? locked I'm afraid
No need for peeky mink when she's tweeting as usual on main.
I know it's really sad but I also love inspecting supermarket receipts, any chance of a screenshot of them so I can have a gander?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Yes, I always forget how weird English shopping hours and similar are. I was gobsmacked one time when I was staying in London and they shut the bar at 10-something on a Saturday night! 😲😳🙄
It's weird we went into the city abs everything was shut so we went back out to the burbs and our local was open later than usual.

Reactions: 7
I am now upset and angry on two counts.

She has taken an absolute liberty and used the sacred office joke “that’s what she said” in response to a smutty sausage remark. She better not start using Dwight’s name in vain!!!

Secondly the term “finking hat” has got me turning my insides out with horror. At least her offer of doing lockdown larder won’t come to anything if her past history is anything to go by.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
No need for peeky mink when she's tweeting as usual on main.
I know it's really sad but I also love inspecting supermarket receipts, any chance of a screenshot of them so I can have a gander?
as you wish (I love them too!)
ETA the haul type pics cos why not
Screenshot_20200920-181208_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-181720_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-181729_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-181739_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
10!? Lightweights. I do like that Sundays are more restricted though. I worked retail for years and hated sundays, they were always so slow and pointless. That and new years day. Ideal world, shops would close on sundays 👀

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.