Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a podcast company called IMO and their Twitter has a post from yesterday saying they are collaborating with Jack.
I don't know much about how these things work, but surely she's getting paid for this?
I seriously doubt she does anything for free.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
wonder if she logged in out of habit/because shes so addicted to likes, reactivating her account in the process then quickly realised what she'd done and deleted again?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I love how her little temper tantrum has done wonders for membership to the cabal.
Welcome new Fraus xxxx
Ultimate favourite gif! The best part of Wolf of Wall Street for me was after he’d taken quaaludes...which I imagine is a similar feeling to reading Jack’s Twitter diatribes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
There are streets and streets of them, starting from £200k. No, not dirt cheap but achievable.
Just her net fees from the Unilever mayo and daily kitchen live must be enough for the deposit for a house in southend.

She's got so many sources of income I'd be shocked if she was earning less than £50k a year. Didn't a recipe blogger come here saying they earnt something like £40k a year IIRC from the website alone and they said they were far smaller and less known than Jackie? Add in all the patron, freelance work, paypal donations, photos, book royalties and could she be on a CEOs wage?

Thanks for that @Lurker1985! , she needs to call in Alvin Hall to see where it's all going wrong!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Lurker. Was only here for the Styled by Susie thread (if you know, you know) and am now over invested in this too. Thanks everyone .

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I seriously doubt she does anything for free.

Now look at that J Mo that's the way you do it
You play the piano on the MTV
That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Money for nothin' and shins kicked for free
Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
Lemme tell ya them Tattlers ain't dumb
Maybe get a blister on your little finger
Maybe get a dirty nail on your thumb
We gotta install pink microwave ovens
Cotswold Company deliveries
We gotta move these Smeg refrigerators
We gotta move these 32" colour TV's
See the little trickster with the black eye and the makeup
Yeah buddy that's not her own hair
That little trickster got her own Dyson Air Fan
That little trickster is nearly a millionaire
I shoulda learned to play the guitar
I shoulda learned to play the drums
Look at that Sugar Mama, she got some cash to burn
Man we could have some fun
And he's up there, what's that, SB? Found you, Momma!!
Bangin' on the bongoes like a chimpanzee
Get your money for nothin' get your shins kicked for free
Now that ain't workin' that's the way you do it
You play the piano on the MTV
Money for nothin' and your shins kicked for free

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
wonder if she logged in out of habit/because shes so addicted to likes, reactivating her account in the process then quickly realised what she'd done and deleted again?
Or had a sneaky log in to check for DMs from concerned Blue Ticks.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
My husband knows someone who makes a good second income from a YouTube channel (although I think he has more followers than her).

Reactions: 9
Ultimate favourite gif! The best part of Wolf of Wall Street for me was after he’d taken quaaludes...which I imagine is a similar feeling to reading Jack’s Twitter diatribes
I think Leo needed an oscar for that scene alone. Even just the bit where he got in the car.
He was robbed!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ooh she LEFT! I don’t think it will last long. It’s not like she has any actual friends so she’ll need the online attention again before too long. I agree with other posters who speculated that maybe she was told she’s gone too far with the recent over sharing about SB

Unless...she’s gearing up to take us all to court and it’s finally happening! My first thought “oh no they’ll read out that I used the word bleep and my mum will be disappointed”. Reader I am 32 🔺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Just her net fees from the Unilever mayo and daily kitchen live must be enough for the deposit for a house in southend.

She's got so many sources of income I'd be shocked if she was earning less than £50k a year. Didn't a recipe blogger come here saying they earnt something like £40k a year IIRC from the website alone and they said they were far smaller and less known than Jackie? Add in all the patron, freelance work, paypal donations, photos, book royalties and could she be on a CEOs wage?

Thanks for that @Lurker1985! , she needs to call in Alvin Hall to see where it's all going wrong!

There was a post on Mumsnet from someone who seemed to know all about how affiliate links, monetised videos etc. work, and as I recall she estimated Jack could be on as much as £100,000.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 30
Jack equates the working class experience with what is sub par, less than. She says she’s WC because she assumes we’re all thick and skint. I also grew up skint and went on to get all A*s and As as did all my mates, tbh we had the fear of being sent “back home” in us as well as the actual desire to do well. We had the privilege of living in a city and especially one w free buses for kids so work was accessible (appreciate the story goes v diff for our rural fraus because of underfunding in public transport services & especially the discrepancy in arts and education funding).

She grew up in a 5 bed, with a Land Rover, tons of expensive extra curriculars, her dad’s side are all landlords with multiple properties, she is minted. She started out in a £27k job in the fire service her dad just happens to be a senior member of staff in. She’s just lazy.

Yesterday I was tempted to explain how maverick mortgages work, I think I have before on this thread, as we have one. She can get a mortgage it just requires some semblance of a deposit, she could probably get away with just 5% if she had the patience.

But the allure of Cotswolds Co is all too much for our greedy little goblin! Let’s hope the Guardian set have all had a whip round to get her into the 5 bed our dear heart deserves for all of her hard work helping the community with... the Unilever collab, Tiggy + Bo undeclared ad, undeclared aff links, and her website that’s 80% adverts x
I suspected she hadn’t come from as humble beginnings as she’d portrayed.

I fear she is more Spoiled Rich Girl than she would like to admit.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
There was a post on Mumsnet from someone who seemed to know all about how affiliate links, monetised videos etc. work, and as I recall she estimated Jack could be on as much as £100,000.
That sounds about right!

By Jackies reckoning I pay myself the minimum wage also, all freelancers with a limited company pay themselves 800 ish a month as a wage then use this as a business expense to minimise tax and take the rest out as dividends :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Feeling a bit uncomfortable with people who are most likely paid up members of the cabal taking to Twitter. It just makes us look like trolls. She’s doing a decent enough job of making herself look like an absolute twit on twitter without any of us turning up (which actually has the opposite effect of feeding into her narrative that she’s being constantly trolled).

9CDF0EA9-7FE0-4CA5-88F1-56556BF66028.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I drove through Southend today (gorgeous morning btw, sunny, & breezy - just right for a quick walk along the seafront to clear the head if you're reading Jack).

Anyway, Southend and the surrounding areas are choc full of pretty 2-3 bed Victorian terraces. There are streets and streets of them, starting from £200k. No, not dirt cheap but achievable.

If it were just me and a SB I would love something like that.
You’re right. I live in the area and there are quite a few properties in that price range.

Reactions: 7
As a left winger I do want an empathetic society, I don't want people to fall so easily and quickly into poverty, or for poverty to be inescapable. However I also wish we taught people more about personal responsibility. As society we have rights and responsibilities and often I think we focus more on the former than the latter. I think the pandemic has thrown that out in the open as some people have whined about their rights to do what they want rather than realised their duty to be responsible in the community.
I agree totally. It frustrates me because so many social problems stem from troubled childhoods. The government cannot be responsible for every child, it’s a near impossible task. I volunteered for a charity with people who had been made homeless. 99% had fallen into alcohol/drug dependancy as a result of some form of abuse in their childhood. And they came from a variety of socio-economic backgrounds.

i 100% want a welfare state, but for it to work at is best, the individual needs to take responsibility for their impact on said welfare state.

We shouldn’t just be asking ourselves if we want kids. We should be having serious conversations with ourselves as to what we have to offer a child, are we as adults willing to have a deep look at our own faults and work on them, are we able to acknowledge how bad habits can severely impact on a child etc etc.

sorry, off on a tangent but it’s something I feel strongly about. Children are so vulnerable and deserve stability, love and care. Society will be better as a whole if this was the case. If an adult can not provide that then they shouldn’t be having children IMO.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.