Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if we are to believe what she says (🙃) she pays herself the living wage - £9.30 ph outside London - and works 20 hours a day. probably doesn't have a day off. so 9.30 x 20 x 7 = £1302 per week is allegedly what she pays herself.

however, she seems to want to buy a house from book sales. she said herself that she earns an average of 51p per book and needs to sell 1,173,650 to buy a slightly too small, averagely priced house. so 0.51 x 1,173,650 = £598,561.50.

of course, these calculations are based on things she has said herself, so it's a massive load of bollocks. 🥴
We went down this road on thread 31. However, while Jackie was happy to tell us about where she charges her phones, she did not answer my question on her salary claims. I asked them repeatedly. But she said 'SHAN'T'!

Patreon is an optional subscription service, people get stuff for it. I probably need to review the tiers at some point and update the blurb, but I don't think anyone subscribes out of pity. Wikipedia and The Guardian both have optional subs for their content, and at the other end of the spectrum, a lot of creators do. I'm not poor any more, no, but I'm certainly not financially secure by any stretch of the imagination. There's no magic savings account, no pot of gold anywhere. I pay myself a living wage (for 40ish hours a week, not the mad hours I actually work) not to keep some faux poverty schtick going, but because there have been times over the last couple of years where the money has literally run out. Believe me as soon as I'm in a position to give myself a hecking great pay rise, I will. But when big gigs can take months to cough up the cash, nothing is guaranteed. And I'm tit scared of every job I do being my last one. I'm tit scared of ever being in a position where I can't pay the bills again. You might think that everything else I say is absolute bullshit, but I am completely and irrecoverably scarred by my experiences of poverty, and I never, ever, ever want to be back there. Or anywhere near it.

Because I asked them to.

Leave my son out of this please.
Harrybosch said: Can I just clarify, does that mean you live off 8.72 x 40 (348.80) per week and put all your other earnings in savings?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
It just takes a few minutes for the account to fully restore itself, it'll be all back to normal soon. Wow though, that was a quick turnaround even for Jack.
Possibly not enough attention from going offline and can’t control the narrative?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This reminded me of someone I’m close to who generally glides through life with everything working out well for her. Property owner in her early 20’s, Minimal qualifications but snagged a decently paid job, big wedding, then a baby. She cryptically put on Facebook last year that the year has been the “highest of highs and the lowest of lows” 🙄 the highs being when she got married and the lowest of lows being when she handed her notice in at her work and briefly did a job she didn’t like before getting a new job she did like.
ugh these people have no idea about genuine hardship.
Its absolutely crazy isn't it. Cant by the house she 'wants' so doesn't buy a house she needs. Oh duck off my heart bleeds.

I just thought I would share a little story of happiness today that may assist Jack to put into perspective. 12 months ago with holes in our sofa (given to us) , springs all gone and basically collapsed to the point you cant really get comfy on it and we wont sit on it longer than an hour or so cause the pain in your back ! Looked for sofas.. saw one I want in sofology its my dream sofa its 5k hahaha I will buy it when I win the lottery. We have saved for 12 months 50 quid a month and today my sofa that cost 995.00 was delivered. You know what I am so lucky to have that sofa and to have been able to save 90 a month to get it and have worked hard to get it. Life owes you nothing and if you need something save for it and get what you can afford. Life lesson over Jack Monroe, if your sick of being transient buy a little two up two down terrace or small flat like anyone getting on the property ladder would do if they had any sense.

Also if you had no money to buy a house why would you employ a p.a so you can duck round on social media all day. you wouldn't would you ? you would do your own admin. she must think we are all fuckwits like her ! Im on one today haha also maybe she could ask David Walliams for some money to lend her to buy the house ??

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Instead of What Katy Did Next (remember that book?) it should be What Jackie Did Next. What a mad Grunka I've just had! Its like the Hokey Cokey. Is she in or out of twitter? Or is it just her left leg?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Hey Jack! I've been homeless, lived in a refuge with my young child, work for the NHS, have to regularly use a food bank. I've moved over thirty times and now live in a council flat, no carpets (can't afford) and even had to feed myself gravy on pasta once when things were really tight. I'm not allowed to paint my front door or do much really But it's our little home and we love it. Us parents have to adapt and be grateful for what we have. I have no family to call upon and no child's Dad to help out. Try it sometime, when you're not humping your expensive sideboards on your nearly a million pound rental. 😀😉😊👍
Read this post and it got me right in the feels.

Take note Jack, this is the type of person who deserves a Go Fund Me and to have money raised for carpets and to make their home a safe haven. If there is any way to help you @Upthisweek I would do it in a shot.

I wish you all the health and happiness in your private little space.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Also if you had no money to buy a house why would you employ a p.a so you can duck round on social media all day. you wouldn't would you ? you
Yes, indeed, why does she employ a pa? She can sort out her own affairs because she is not exactly a major public company.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
She is absolutely f*%$*#g barmy!!! What a load of shite. Has she no dignity? It’s just one thing after another- does she not realise that she looks completely pathetic when she constantly complains about how hard done by she is?!

There are single parents out there who don’t have half the chances she’s had to better her circumstances. She just wants to wallow in misery like a pig wallows in tit! 💩

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hey Jack! I've been homeless, lived in a refuge with my young child, work for the NHS, have to regularly use a food bank. I've moved over thirty times and now live in a council flat, no carpets (can't afford) and even had to feed myself gravy on pasta once when things were really tight. I'm not allowed to paint my front door or do much really But it's our little home and we love it. Us parents have to adapt and be grateful for what we have. I have no family to call upon and no child's Dad to help out. Try it sometime, when you're not humping your expensive sideboards on your nearly a million pound rental. 😀😉😊👍
You are the kind of person whom I would like to support, as opposed to an entitled individual who comes from a well off loving family home.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I bet she wants to be trending on twitter today. I wonder if she has been BUSY selling her story of being bullied to the DM.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Its absolutely crazy isn't it. Cant by the house she 'wants' so doesn't buy a house she needs. Oh duck off my heart bleeds.

I just thought I would share a little story of happiness today that may assist Jack to put into perspective. 12 months ago with holes in our sofa (given to us) , springs all gone and basically collapsed to the point you cant really get comfy on it and we wont sit on it longer than an hour or so cause the pain in your back ! Looked for sofas.. saw one I want in sofology its my dream sofa its 5k hahaha I will buy it when I win the lottery. We have saved for 12 months 50 quid a month and today my sofa that cost 995.00 was delivered. You know what I am so lucky to have that sofa and to have been able to save 90 a month to get it and have worked hard to get it. Life owes you nothing and if you need something save for it and get what you can afford. Life lesson over Jack Monroe, if your sick of being transient buy a little two up two down terrace or small flat like anyone getting on the property ladder would do if they had any sense.

Also if you had no money to buy a house why would you employ a p.a so you can duck round on social media all day. you wouldn't would you ? you would do your own admin. she must think we are all fuckwits like her ! Im on one today haha also maybe she could ask David Walliams for some money to lend her to buy the house ??
From your account above, this is why it is so very wrong for JM to be looking for support/financial support. She is living in so much better accommodation than those from whom she asks help.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm sure there was once a show like that where they went through peoples spending habits and showed them where they could save/not spend. Can't for the life of me remember the name of it though - it'll come to me later and i'll pop it in here as a complete non-sequitur and look like a random eejit :)
It was Alvin hall, and he was fantastic, can't remember what it was called though

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.