Jack Monroe #73 If your attitude is off-kilter, try a cartoon filter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she crowd funds a home I genuinely think this’ll be the undoing of her, someone from Vice et al will pick it up and the inconsistencies will come to light. If I was her I wouldn’t be touching this with a barge pole tbh 😬
What about Louis Theroux doing a documentary with her .I would love it .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I'm pondering over the sawing of the sign for no real reason at all 😂.

Surely if it was hammered into the ground it would have been easier to 'rock' it out 🤔? Like the estate agent handy person would do normally. Waving a saw around, kamikaze style, seems ever so slightly dramatic.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She had me at "Ive worked hard".

No Jack...you wouldn't know hard work if it slapped you across the chops.

Go out and work 12 hour shifts as a nurse or carer for a pittance and then you might understand hard work.

Whining on Twitter or other social media doesn't count as work. Sorry if that's a shock but it doesn't.

Go out and get a proper job and stop suggesting crowdfunding for a home. You HAVE a home and it's bigger and more expensive than many can afford.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
If she crowd funds a home I genuinely think this’ll be the undoing of her, someone from Vice et al will pick it up and the inconsistencies will come to light. If I was her I wouldn’t be touching this with a barge pole tbh 😬
She is desperate for one of her ‘fans’ to start a ‘go fund me’ for her. The subtle hints could be anymore unsubtle. Does she think everyone who rents should have a crowd funded house? No just her because she is special who has devoted her life and every waking hour to helping patronising the poors.

Jack Monroe #74 patronising Saint of the poors. Gis us a house.

”What! For me? Oh you shouldn’t have, I can’t possibly.......oh if you insist. Make sure it’s detached, in its own grounds, sea view and minimum 6 bedrooms. I have a lot of stuff. Thankyou, now duck off!”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Surely if it was hammered into the ground it would have been easier to 'rock' it out 🤔? Like the estate agent handy person would do normally. Waving a saw around, kamikaze style, seems ever so slightly dramatic.
You're overthinking it, dear heart. With Jack, you usually just need to ask one simple question:

didnt happen.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

I hope she is careful with that saw !

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I have so many questions about the 'editing a nude' ?!?
I wonder was it in cartoon filter? Who was it for? Why? Why? Why? Just why?
the cartoon filter should be applied to all nudes. Thats whats meant by those posters that tell you to 'always use protection' didn't you know?? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Fully lost it. The f**king lever arch file can she just say file or just say she kept them?!
The type of people who will actually comply are probably vulnerable and easily manipulated. Also uncomfortable with the way she is going on and on about her deep depression while at the same time mentioning her son. She's never spoken about him so much. I feel really sorry for him
I think she is fondly imaging a cheery faced poster staggering up the path under the weight of the fan letters. 'cor miss!' He will say 'Someone's popular. Is it your birthday or summat?'

In reality she get about 20. Of those, one will be from superfan and six will be from that strange bloke who used to tweet her a lot.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Narc alarm bells all over that anecdote.

I too have a narc parent and I tell them as little as humanly possible about my life as, from a lifetime's experience it a) is a jumping off point for their own stories b) is used in the future to humiliate or belittle me or c) is completely ignored if it doesn't fit into either of those categories.

(I have a child around SB's age also and would never write about them on social media in this way because I respect their privacy)
She reminds me so much of my narc mum, who im very happily estranged from now.

Her son will start hiding the things he loves from her, be it friends or hobbies or even achievements, if theyre going to be mocked online or used to criticise. :( its her loss in the long term because she'll miss out on him coming to her to talk qbout these things.

Can you see him talking to her when he has his first crush, or is stressed about something, or just wants advice on something he finds embarrassing - he must know she'll immediately blast it out in an announcement to a quarter million people. If he doesn't know about her tweet proclivity already then once hes a teen and gets social media...poor kid is in for the fright of his life.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
You’d be fuming wouldn’t you. I’d go to my line manager and tell them they can all get fucked if they think I’m spending a minute on that, how insulting to give a publishing professional your skiv work? If JM wants the privilege of a PA she can pay for one the tight cow!
I'd just smile and not then put anything that came through, unread, in to the shredder.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She had me at "Ive worked hard".

No Jack...you wouldn't know hard work if it slapped you across the chops.

Go out and work 12 hour shifts as a nurse or carer for a pittance and then you might understand hard work.

Whining on Twitter or other social media doesn't count as work. Sorry if that's a shock but it doesn't.

Go out and get a proper job and stop suggesting crowdfunding for a home. You HAVE a home and it's bigger and more expensive than many can afford.
My son has been persuaded to take his first break this year and has gone away for 4 days. Those 4 days are so well-deserved because his work consumes most of his waking moments and he generally has a maximum of one day off in 10. He provides work for dozens of people and is permanently skint. He has one pair of trainers. We've bought most of his clothes. I'm very proud of him.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Isn't every person dream to have security in life whether its work or home. I think I have said and seem similar written before if her current earnings aren't enough for her lifestyle then perhaps she should rethink it.

If she's like this now with all that she has achieved and gotten since her poverty days then even with her big fancy house I don't think she will be happy until she has something bigger sometimes you have to live with the hand your dealt.

Reactions: 21
What happens if one of the Lib Dem yummy grandmummies sets her up a gofundme but assumes it’s for a modest sum in keeping with her living wage bollocks 😂 she would be fewmin, imagine having to say oh no Susan sweetie I’m going to need something more in the realm of £75k+ chop chop x

• Haha
Reactions: 29
My son has been persuaded to take his first break this year and has gone away for 4 days. Those 4 days are so well-deserved because his work consumes most of his waking moments and he generally has a maximum of one day off in 10. He provides work for dozens of people and is permanently skint. He has one pair of trainers. We've bought most of his clothes. I'm very proud of him.
Rightly proud, dear Frau. What an effort, and sacrifice, he has been making.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I am going to start by saying excuse my ignorance, and I’m probably going to appear like a cold hearted cow right now.

But I don’t get why a for sale sign being wrongly placed in her garden is such a huge issue that’s so bad even her son would collapse howling into the ground?
This is the ten year old son, who is a Victorian child and is wistfully asleep at 7.30pm looking for his mama - surely he’d be oblivious to all the upheaval of moving house.

Also, the fact Jack has had to move 5438 times is down to JACK. She has earned more than enough to have a healthy deposit and there will be banks out there that look at her and see a C-list celeb with work coming in (in the past) and would lend because of who she is. It’s all excuses. Jack wants everything handed to her hence the whole fundraiser for a house.

The whole set of tweets about how upset she was was disgusting. People are dying, people haven’t seen their families for months now and people are scared to go out incase they catch COVID and pass it on to their loved ones. Jack’s biggest issue is a misplaced for sale sign. The lack of understanding of our current climate is insane, she can’t read a room or judge, and is so unaware of how she’s coming across. I dislike her. She’s vile and crass and should be banned from Twitter, up there with KH right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
I read the first couple of those tweets, before the nausea kicked in But I understand that Jack is sad. Very very sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.