Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean none of it makes any sense but milk is a lot cheaper than that amount of butter? What’s the cost saving of not making a white sauce on the hob vs buying a nutribullet?
she is a maverick frau.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I know I may be treading onto the f and d thread here, but making a roux is so therapeutic. I was taught by my grandma and although it doesn’t happen often anymore (🥺) ,the smell of the bubbling butter and the sizzling when the flour hits it is so satisfying.

Part of the joy of cooking are these little sensory moments (which often bring back memories) so why would anyone want to miss out on them? I perfectly understand that people lack the time or inclination to make a roux, but then don’t cook the meals that require them.... there are plenty of other things you can feed people.
There doesn't seem to be any joy in anything she does, other than talking about herself. Everything she does looks so half-arsed and haphazard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Catching up, apologies if this has been mentioned already, but that fishfinger lasagne is an abomination - it's like something conceived in early hours by a group of students who've not long left home and been out on the lash. The entire joy of a fishfinger is in the crunch. Soggy, soggy fishfingers. Urgh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Fishfinger lasagne? 🤢 Why? I haven't watched the video but I'd imagine you'd need quite a few fishfingers so it won't be a) bootstrap cooking or b) very nice.

A better suggestion would have been fishfinger tacos. A couple of fishfingers (even better the ones in batter) wrapped in a tortilla with salsa, lettuce, pickled red onions, a dollop of sour cream. Delicious and kids love building their own tacos. But I suppose it's not revolting wacky enough for Our Jackie.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I’m not going into look at her YouTube 1, cos it sounds nasty af but 2, I’m not giving her the view. People asked if it was monetised - are there any ADs before/during or on the YouTube page? If so then it is. I don’t know if people get money for just uploading vids on to YouTube??? Anyone else know?

Reactions: 14
A better suggestion would have been fishfinger tacos. A couple of fishfingers (even better the ones in batter) wrapped in a tortilla with salsa, lettuce, pickled red onions, a dollop of sour cream. Delicious and kids love building their own tacos. But I suppose it's not revolting wacky enough for Our Jackie.
My kids love this!

Reactions: 8
Is there pasta in this lasagne? I couldn’t watch beyond the interminably slow haphazard leek cutting. I’ve gone right off fish fingers altogether 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Look, at the end of the day, meine lieben frauen (this is probably wrong, Harry I know) - lasagna, white sauce in all its forms and her ... they are not friends.
Exhibit A:

Matt knows:View attachment 237442
I always forgot *quite* how bad the DKL lasagne is every time until I see a picture. It really is abomination to Italian cuisine. And that's before she starts slinging soggy fish fingers into it...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Is there pasta in this lasagne? I couldn’t watch beyond the interminably slow haphazard leek cutting. I’ve gone right off fish fingers altogether 🤢
Honestly, it was difficult to tell with all the wibbly wobbly cartoon trickery. It was difficult to glean anything at all.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Fishfinger lasagne? 🤢 Why? I haven't watched the video but I'd imagine you'd need quite a few fishfingers so it won't be a) bootstrap cooking or b) very nice.

Oh my God your suggestions sound absolutely horny.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Honestly, it was difficult to tell with all the wibbly wobbly cartoon trickery. It was difficult to glean anything at all.
i think the wibbly wobbly shite is her trying to develop a trademark style. if if was for a gcse in media studies fair enough, but for a recipe or even entertainment it's tedious shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.