Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know a lot don’t but I really like him! He gives the people around him so much credit, it’s not all e, myself and I.
“We failed, Marcus smashed it”.

Take note Jack.
Totally agree. Love him or hate him, he has humility.

Reactions: 21
It’s rather indulgent to quote oneself, I know but I am not entirely sure this is a coincidence.........

I assume by her mentions that she's posted this on twitter too. Just to show her new followers what an amazing #activist and #foodpovertycampaigner she is. When in fact the money donated was used to buy her books, lining her own pocket and adding to her sales figures.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I hadn't realised that he wrote the music for the last 2 series. I hope you know who doesn't get any ideas.
Suddenly that Little Britain character based on Dennis Waterman is in my head. Write the theme toon, sing the theme tooon. Do do do do di doooo

• Haha
Reactions: 28
OMG, it's so much worse than I thought it would be! I had not watched it before for fear of what I would see. I was right.
I remember watching it at the time and thinking what a bleeping car crash it was. Mr Moo watched it and just started laughing!!

Reactions: 4
I assume by her mentions that she's posted this on twitter too. Just to show her new followers what an amazing #activist and #foodpovertycampaigner she is. When in fact the money donated was used to buy her books, lining her own pocket and adding to her sales figures.
I get a sense of her covering her arse. I wonder she has proof of donations.

Reactions: 21
I feel that this is all getting a bit too dark and a bit too manipulative. It might come as a shock but there are plenty of people in the public eye who do not appear on Tattle. Someone commented on another thread that influencers / bloggers etc should be held to the same accountability as companies are. If a company advertises a product or service that cannot be fulfilled - then it is fraud or deception (legal buffs might need to correct me here) and as a customer you are entitled to some kind of recourse.

Also, I think in future there needs to be regulation that stops people assuming an identity in order to leverage money and opportunities from protected groups (no idea how something like this would work in practice!) In regular employment if you get a job and it is discovered you have lied about your experience and qualifications, it is extremely likely you would be sacked for breach of contract / poor professional conduct. No such thing in this murky world. A comparisson would be with influencers who pretend to be nutrition 'experts', are exposed, and then just keep on going.

ETA: I know the ASA do intervene but there is so much pervasive lying and deception, there needs to be another level of regulation in my opinion!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She switches off comments for the rubbish cooking video but leaves them on for the creepy "ducks and park" video. Maybe she is wanting negative comments so she can get proof of being "bullied". She is very manipulative like that.

Reactions: 19
This afternoon I found a This Morning clip dating from 2014 where our Jackie cooked a cauliflower and bacon macaroni cheese. Nothing innovative about that, but what was exceptional was her ability to barely fry raw cauliflower and raw bacon (starting off in a cold pan as Phil helpfully pointed out) and turn it into the rather tasty-looking "one I prepared earlier" - I'm afraid that I could not watch for a moment longer after she blithely told Philip that they only needed to "seal" the bacon before chucking the lot in the oven. What alchemy followed? Did she make a lovely bechamel? Did she precook the macaroni?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
It’s rather indulgent to quote oneself, I know but I am not entirely sure this is a coincidence.........

I know she intends this to act as proof that she has done something measurable and useful for the cause of food poverty (can't let Rashford have all the glory, init) but it actually just screams that she's been caught out defrauding good-hearted people for a couple of years.

Receipts, Jackie, or I don't believe you donated a penny.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh that singing video....

The Partridge/Brent esque “what, little old me, SING, SEVERELY WELL??” introduction.

The whispery voice

The bit at 04.53 where (in her own mind) the trembling, yet breathtakingly brilliant singing ingenue finally lets the music take over and shuts the lyric book and sings with closed eyes.

The bit where the startlingly wonderful singer finally finds the joy and confidence in her exquisite voice and flashes her eyes at the audience, stepping into and taking her power, right on the lyric “bolder”. Because she, also, felt bolder!

Then the bit where she cocks up the timing of the word older. Don’t mention.

Then the bit where the winsome emotion of the music tempers her power, and her voice whispersings the end (but still exquisitely).

Then coming back down to Earth after the joyful yet bittersweet climax of the music, and finally realising the debt of gratitude she owes her Twitter followers, who weren’t pricks when she posted another singing video. They truly have done the world a service, by letting her beautiful light finally shine.

Thankyou. Truly, thankyou, 96% of twitter followers. You are more wonderful than you know.

And SCENE.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
Oh that singing video....

The Partridge/Brent esque “what, little old me, SING, SEVERELY WELL??” introduction.

The whispery voice

The bit at 04.53 where (in her own mind) the trembling, yet breathtakingly brilliant singing ingenue finally lets the music take over and shuts the lyric book and sings with closed eyes.

The bit where the startlingly wonderful singer finally finds the joy and confidence in her exquisite voice and flashes her eyes at the audience, stepping into and taking her power, right on the lyric “bolder”. Because she, also, felt bolder!

Then the bit where she cocks up the timing of the word older. Don’t mention.

Then the bit where the winsome emotion of the music tempers her power, and her voice whispersings the end (but still exquisitely).

Then coming back down to Earth after the joyful yet bittersweet climax of the music, and finally realising the debt of gratitude she owes her Twitter followers, who weren’t pricks when she posted another singing video. They truly have done the world a service, by letting her beautiful light finally shine.

Thankyou. Truly, thankyou, 96% of twitter followers. You are more wonderful than you know.
Ahhhh this wonderful description is almost enough to make me watch it. Unfortunately I am SEVERELY allergic to watching Jack and so must refrain. 😭 It sounds magnificent.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Noticing a lot of love being expressed for the coven 🥰
Wonder what Jack makes of that..?

She's still dropping followers btw.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.