Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it might be good to add a list of all the expensive homewares that the patreon is funding too - I know some have been mentioned upthread. There’s the dyson fan and dyson hairdryer, 3 or 4 x brand new cotswold co bits of furniture, the two garden swing chairs, the fancy alarm clock, the Oooni and gawd knows what else. (But she cant afford a tutor for her son. Or vet’s bills).

Oh and it also seems likely she paid for lip fillers too (though this isn’t proven so should probably be left out).
And a £400 John Lewis hammock, overnight train to Edinburgh, expensive accommodation in Edinburgh and probably more.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don’t care that she’s not WC if she was properly going about doing something useful to help those who really need it. Anybody of any class, colour, worth can do that and make it positive. The thing that’s become patently obvious is JM is out to benefit JM. That’s it pure and simple.
I also think her politics are very dubious, on top of that she is telling a story from a very short moment in time, that feels out of sync with now. We have lived longer under Tory rule, with many other things thrown into the mix (UC, zero hour contracts). She is not a viable spokesperson for austerity IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hi Cabal - I've been doing some light Grunka-ing and wondered what the American connection is? Has Jackie been approached to cook her horse-spunk lasagne over there or is she just dreaming of being a starlet?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She likes to dish it out (that man! DW), but she can't take it herself.

How we know about the Tin Can Cook foodbank debacle Are there receipts for that?

Reactions: 13
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

I am making this list while it's quiet. To remind myself why I am here. I'm not a bully, I haven't ever contacted Jack outside of Tattle (I did reply to her when she invaded our platform). I haven't contacted her sponsors, her production company, or her coworkers. I haven't tracked her house, or been to any of her public events. I have not joked I would follow her to A&E.

I am just someone who got fed up with the inconsistencies, the rage filled nasty behaviour and the way she dropped causes, people and ideas like hot potatoes.

The majority here are the same. There are some who have gone too far, eg. taken themselves to her social media. Those people are breaking the rules of Tattle and do not speak for us. Discussing content she has made public isn't an offence, in fact it is how she makes her money. She wants followers, views, engagement, etc. but wants to control the narrative to be purely positive. It doesn't work like that.

Her use of Caroline Flack's name is absolutely unforgiveable. Keeping receipts of what she's put on her social media is nothing like what Caroline went through and it's just another example of her using triggering content to manipulate the narrative.

A long arsed list containing the points which brought me to and kept me on Tattle. I know I will have missed things....

* Jamie Oliver was subjected to a vile set of tweets in which Jack instigated a pile on... because he got a new job that she thought she would be better at. The job she subsequently got as a result of hers and her followers manipulative behaviour was a bleeping car crash. See also, This Morning appearance featuring Chicken(less) Lingreenie (raw) and Hellmann's how to make a sandwich(?).

* David Walliams was subjected to a set of offensive and poisonous tweets because her son was gifted one of his books (and she was pissed off about it). Within these tweets she insinuated he was racist, sexist, a drug user and many other unpleasant and seemingly unfounded slurs. She also appealed for people to DM her with gossip about him and was requesting information about a deleted chapter from his autobiography. She told her followers that she was going to dissect each of his books and that she wasn't going anywhere. After getting furious over a white character she believed was black, she failed to complete the first book.

*Made a monetised Black Lives Matter video, which was nothing more than a money making scam. Said she would hand over her platform to black voices, but this did not happen. Also claimed she would write a book, lifting voices of black people. The book has not been mentioned since the subject stopped trending on Twitter.

*Used her social media to denigrate Louisa. She had the TV on, she was using the WiFi, she left, she's not covering her half of the rent, she left. There was also the time Louisa had gone out for a meal and so Jack immediately posted an old picture of when they had gone for a meal, like the ghost of Christmas past, trying to ruin Louisa's afternoon. This one makes me feel sick to write. Her treatment of Louisa on social media has always had a bad vibe to it, like abuse and manipulation. It can sometimes take years to realise how badly the other person treats you, and I just hope that she's had lots of lovely friends and family around her during all of this.

*Sneered at the lunches being sent to children on free school meals during lockdown, suggesting that sandwiches and jacket potatoes were bad lunches(?) Shaming the parents of free school meal children, ridiculing the meals they were feeding their kids, saying they weren't feeding their kids enough. Offering no useful advice to the parents of these kids, she stopped mentioning the subject as soon as it stopped trending on Twitter.

*Tweeted multiple triggering subjects including eating disorders, self harm, suicide, sexual abuse, animal abuse with no spoilers and in a way which seemed intentionally inflammatory. Also tweeted images of injury with no trigger warning (foot, eye) and photos of large amounts of medication during a time in which she had stated she was mentally very unwell and had mentioned (triggering content) suicidal ideation

*Tweeted multiple heavily filtered/edited photographs of herself with no clarification that they were edited to make her body appear differently. When asked about this, she was seen to deny editing.

*The kitten saga. Adopted a very unwell and disabled kitten, without seeking proper veterinary advice. Forced the kitten up onto it's deformed front legs the first night she got it at around 1am, when it was surely tired and disoriented. Claimed she was able to care for and pay for the kitten's treatment yet did not take the kitten to the vet for days even though it was clearly very unwell. Used the kitten as a photo prop, putting it on her shoulder, in her pocket, etc. Eventually took the kitten to the vet where she was told it was too poorly and needed to be put to sleep. Didn't take the vets advice and took the kitten home where she tweeted about how she was shocked at the amount of money a trip to the vet cost and said she might look into donations to help her pay for it. Also seemed to be attempting to make inroads with Supervet. Allowed the kitten to die at home, possibly in a lot of pain.

*The use of a tip jar (regularly shaken) to beg and plead poverty reminds me of when con artists scam old nanas out of their life savings. She pleads poverty and claims she's doing so much for free but if you go on her website, it's so full of ads it is almost impossible to navigate. She shook her tin at the beginning of lockdown, prompting many followers to donate even though they were saying they were poor themselves. She then went and purchased even more high end luxury items for her home (which is already full of them). Con artist.

*Uses her child on her social media, often revealing more info than seems comfortable let alone necessary. Embroiling him in her dramatic and chaotic online life.

* The continued misrepresentation of AA and what life looks like when you work your steps and are honest with your sponsor. I know this is a sticky one, and the less said the better really. Her behaviour is so at odds with the steps, I will leave it there.

Hopefully that will be helpful to people who come here wondering why a small (there's hundreds of us on this thread) group of obsessed bullies have been making someone's life absolute hell.
This great post and @heretoreaditall2019 's followup reply all reveal a consistent, disconcerting trend - a cosplaying of identities combined with a curious lack of collective responsibility or shame. It's not just the working class identity she affects - it's also the kitten saviour/mama thing, the chronically ill person needing to use a cane, the children's book writer, the honorary Scot, the advocate for working-class black women. All quickly taken on and shaken off as necessary. And the lack of responsibility/shame shows itself in this and especially the Patreon, Kickstarter stuff.

Some of it doesn't matter and would be totally normal in a younger person (the silly 2014 tumblr language) - maybe she's immature, that's okay. But some of it really does. Taking the money of people who are poorer than you matters, especially when you know you've screwed that up once already. So does implying you know a level of poverty that you don't, when you take that opportunity to speak truth to power from someone else - see the food stamps tweet.

And the facade is revealed when people gently challenge her and encourage her to platform voices and experiences more marginalised than her- such as women with no recourse to public funds - she goes totally on the defensive, rather than recognising her responsibility to draw in wider experiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Hi All

Just wanted to pop in and say I am nowhere near caught up with all of the latest drama (lurked during kittengate but could not engage much as it was too upsetting and I will admit to calling her out on Instagram once) and went back to working full time in July so there is no way I can keep up with these threads but I just wanted to say that these threads are by far the best on tattle and I have been bowled over not only by your tit hot analysis (eye opening to say the least), but the supportive nature and humanity (not to mention the humour) in these threads. I have learned so much (I personally LOVE when things go off topic with food and drink/nostalgia etc) and lost many a night's sleep trying to Grunka through and failing miserably! I certainly know more about food, mental health, addiction than before and I am super grateful!.

Please don't let Jack control the narrative here - she is clearly a bully and a narcissist and I think her rage is coming from not being able to control what's being said here (although she did give it a try with that generous offer of an AMA lol). I'm not a mental health expert by any means but shutting down the conversation here would only be playing into her personality disorder.

I can't believe I'm saying it but I hope these threads never quiet down!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She can't control the narrative here which must really boil her piss.

I have her blocked everywhere but someone showed me the video of her washing her "no make up" black eye. Actually I suspect that's the real black eye now the bruising has come out. Her eye was swollen in the first photo ....it was her decision to plaster it in make up initially which had people laughing and doubting her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm ten pages behind, you ninnies, so apologies if this has been said before. Just watched her latest 'onion' video and I found it intensely stressful. Not going to go into details, as obviously it's only meant for her nearest and dearest 280,000 friends, and I wouldn't want to violate her right to privacy, but here's my thought:

I love watching my mum prepare vegetables (I miss her so much, because of this damn pandemic I haven't seen her in ages). She's not a chef, just a home cook, but she's so skilled an practised in peeling onions, slicing or chopping them, whilst having a chat with whoever is around. It's genuinely calming to hang out with her during those times. The video I just watched was the opposite. Will the onion skin come off? It seems such a battle! Will fingers get sliced? Will the onion slip away across the table?

Just in case people who have been shut out of Tattle are still reading (and I know some of them will still be lurking here, but they don’t have the balls to identify themselves now because they’ll get kicked off and not let back in again) - my mum is old and has arthritis. Her skills don't seem to be terribly affected.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I'm ten pages behind, you ninnies, so apologies if this has been said before. Just watched her latest 'onion' video and I found it intensely stressful. Not going to go into details, as obviously it's only meant for her nearest and dearest 280,000 friends, and I wouldn't want to violate her right to privacy, but here's my thought:

I love watching my mum prepare vegetables (I miss her so much, because of this damn pandemic I haven't seen her in ages). She's not a chef, just a home cook, but she's so skilled an practised in peeling onions, slicing or chopping them, whilst having a chat with whoever is around. It's genuinely calming to hang out with her during those times. The video I just watched was the opposite. Will the onion skin come off? It seems such a battle! Will fingers get sliced? Will the onion slip away across the table?

Just in case people who have been shut out of Tattle are still reading (and I know some of them will still be lurking here, but they don’t have the balls to identify themselves now because they’ll get kicked off and not let back in again) - my mum is old and has arthritis. Her skills don't seem to be terribly affected.
She treated the onion the same way she treated that poor piano

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Her new YouTube video? Is it monetized? 🤣🤔
So she's posting publicly on Youtube so us fraus can share and comment on it, right?

It's really really bad. A full minute of the video is watching her hack at an onion and for another minute and a half we are forced to watch her individually slice every cherry tomato and get closer and closer to chopping a finger off. Who would actually use this recipe ?! She doesn't even bother to properly stir all the veg through the passata! Bizarre.

Shocked she hasn't treated herself to a FANCY dishwasher

• Haha
Reactions: 33
If it's public I think you can.

Lord knows I don't have the energy to watch and don't want to give her the views 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Hi Cabal - I've been doing some light Grunka-ing and wondered what the American connection is? Has Jackie been approached to cook her horse-spunk lasagne over there or is she just dreaming of being a starlet?
She was suddenly tagged into loads of tweets to lostblackboy on Twitter (he's in America) and got around 1000 new followers at the same time. Then she deleted her Twitter history 🤷🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If it's public I think you can.

Lord knows I don't have the energy to watch and don't want to give her the views 😂
It's toe curlingly bad. The only reason I watched it the whole way through is because I'm at work and putting off doing something really boring

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.