Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

I am making this list while it's quiet. To remind myself why I am here. I'm not a bully, I haven't ever contacted Jack outside of Tattle (I did reply to her when she invaded our platform). I haven't contacted her sponsors, her production company, or her coworkers. I haven't tracked her house, or been to any of her public events. I have not joked I would follow her to A&E.

I am just someone who got fed up with the inconsistencies, the rage filled nasty behaviour and the way she dropped causes, people and ideas like hot potatoes.

The majority here are the same. There are some who have gone too far, eg. taken themselves to her social media. Those people are breaking the rules of Tattle and do not speak for us. Discussing content she has made public isn't an offence, in fact it is how she makes her money. She wants followers, views, engagement, etc. but wants to control the narrative to be purely positive. It doesn't work like that.

Her use of Caroline Flack's name is absolutely unforgiveable. Keeping receipts of what she's put on her social media is nothing like what Caroline went through and it's just another example of her using triggering content to manipulate the narrative.

A long arsed list containing the points which brought me to and kept me on Tattle. I know I will have missed things....

* Jamie Oliver was subjected to a vile set of tweets in which Jack instigated a pile on... because he got a new job that she thought she would be better at. The job she subsequently got as a result of hers and her followers manipulative behaviour was a bleeping car crash. See also, This Morning appearance featuring Chicken(less) Lingreenie (raw) and Hellmann's how to make a sandwich(?).

* David Walliams was subjected to a set of offensive and poisonous tweets because her son was gifted one of his books (and she was pissed off about it). Within these tweets she insinuated he was racist, sexist, a drug user and many other unpleasant and seemingly unfounded slurs. She also appealed for people to DM her with gossip about him and was requesting information about a deleted chapter from his autobiography. She told her followers that she was going to dissect each of his books and that she wasn't going anywhere. After getting furious over a white character she believed was black, she failed to complete the first book.

*Made a monetised Black Lives Matter video, which was nothing more than a money making scam. Said she would hand over her platform to black voices, but this did not happen. Also claimed she would write a book, lifting voices of black people. The book has not been mentioned since the subject stopped trending on Twitter.

*Used her social media to denigrate Louisa. She had the TV on, she was using the WiFi, she left, she's not covering her half of the rent, she left. There was also the time Louisa had gone out for a meal and so Jack immediately posted an old picture of when they had gone for a meal, like the ghost of Christmas past, trying to ruin Louisa's afternoon. This one makes me feel sick to write. Her treatment of Louisa on social media has always had a bad vibe to it, like abuse and manipulation. It can sometimes take years to realise how badly the other person treats you, and I just hope that she's had lots of lovely friends and family around her during all of this.

*Sneered at the lunches being sent to children on free school meals during lockdown, suggesting that sandwiches and jacket potatoes were bad lunches(?) Shaming the parents of free school meal children, ridiculing the meals they were feeding their kids, saying they weren't feeding their kids enough. Offering no useful advice to the parents of these kids, she stopped mentioning the subject as soon as it stopped trending on Twitter.

*Tweeted multiple triggering subjects including eating disorders, self harm, suicide, sexual abuse, animal abuse with no spoilers and in a way which seemed intentionally inflammatory. Also tweeted images of injury with no trigger warning (foot, eye) and photos of large amounts of medication during a time in which she had stated she was mentally very unwell and had mentioned (triggering content) suicidal ideation

*Tweeted multiple heavily filtered/edited photographs of herself with no clarification that they were edited to make her body appear differently. When asked about this, she was seen to deny editing.

*The kitten saga. Adopted a very unwell and disabled kitten, without seeking proper veterinary advice. Forced the kitten up onto it's deformed front legs the first night she got it at around 1am, when it was surely tired and disoriented. Claimed she was able to care for and pay for the kitten's treatment yet did not take the kitten to the vet for days even though it was clearly very unwell. Used the kitten as a photo prop, putting it on her shoulder, in her pocket, etc. Eventually took the kitten to the vet where she was told it was too poorly and needed to be put to sleep. Didn't take the vets advice and took the kitten home where she tweeted about how she was shocked at the amount of money a trip to the vet cost and said she might look into donations to help her pay for it. Also seemed to be attempting to make inroads with Supervet. Allowed the kitten to die at home, possibly in a lot of pain.

*The use of a tip jar (regularly shaken) to beg and plead poverty reminds me of when con artists scam old nanas out of their life savings. She pleads poverty and claims she's doing so much for free but if you go on her website, it's so full of ads it is almost impossible to navigate. She shook her tin at the beginning of lockdown, prompting many followers to donate even though they were saying they were poor themselves. She then went and purchased even more high end luxury items for her home (which is already full of them). Con artist.

*Uses her child on her social media, often revealing more info than seems comfortable let alone necessary. Embroiling him in her dramatic and chaotic online life.

* The continued misrepresentation of AA and what life looks like when you work your steps and are honest with your sponsor. I know this is a sticky one, and the less said the better really. Her behaviour is so at odds with the steps, I will leave it there.

Hopefully that will be helpful to people who come here wondering why a small (there's hundreds of us on this thread) group of obsessed bullies have been making someone's life absolute hell.
A like doesn’t seem enough. Great post - would love to see any of her sycophants argue with what you posted but they’ll not see it / ignore it.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

I am making this list while it's quiet. To remind myself why I am here. I'm not a bully, I haven't ever contacted Jack outside of Tattle (I did reply to her when she invaded our platform). I haven't contacted her sponsors, her production company, or her coworkers. I haven't tracked her house, or been to any of her public events. I have not joked I would follow her to A&E.

I am just someone who got fed up with the inconsistencies, the rage filled nasty behaviour and the way she dropped causes, people and ideas like hot potatoes.

The majority here are the same. There are some who have gone too far, eg. taken themselves to her social media. Those people are breaking the rules of Tattle and do not speak for us. Discussing content she has made public isn't an offence, in fact it is how she makes her money. She wants followers, views, engagement, etc. but wants to control the narrative to be purely positive. It doesn't work like that.

Her use of Caroline Flack's name is absolutely unforgiveable. Keeping receipts of what she's put on her social media is nothing like what Caroline went through and it's just another example of her using triggering content to manipulate the narrative.

A long arsed list containing the points which brought me to and kept me on Tattle. I know I will have missed things....

* Jamie Oliver was subjected to a vile set of tweets in which Jack instigated a pile on... because he got a new job that she thought she would be better at. The job she subsequently got as a result of hers and her followers manipulative behaviour was a bleeping car crash. See also, This Morning appearance featuring Chicken(less) Lingreenie (raw) and Hellmann's how to make a sandwich(?).

* David Walliams was subjected to a set of offensive and poisonous tweets because her son was gifted one of his books (and she was pissed off about it). Within these tweets she insinuated he was racist, sexist, a drug user and many other unpleasant and seemingly unfounded slurs. She also appealed for people to DM her with gossip about him and was requesting information about a deleted chapter from his autobiography. She told her followers that she was going to dissect each of his books and that she wasn't going anywhere. After getting furious over a white character she believed was black, she failed to complete the first book.

*Made a monetised Black Lives Matter video, which was nothing more than a money making scam. Said she would hand over her platform to black voices, but this did not happen. Also claimed she would write a book, lifting voices of black people. The book has not been mentioned since the subject stopped trending on Twitter.

*Used her social media to denigrate Louisa. She had the TV on, she was using the WiFi, she left, she's not covering her half of the rent, she left. There was also the time Louisa had gone out for a meal and so Jack immediately posted an old picture of when they had gone for a meal, like the ghost of Christmas past, trying to ruin Louisa's afternoon. This one makes me feel sick to write. Her treatment of Louisa on social media has always had a bad vibe to it, like abuse and manipulation. It can sometimes take years to realise how badly the other person treats you, and I just hope that she's had lots of lovely friends and family around her during all of this.

*Sneered at the lunches being sent to children on free school meals during lockdown, suggesting that sandwiches and jacket potatoes were bad lunches(?) Shaming the parents of free school meal children, ridiculing the meals they were feeding their kids, saying they weren't feeding their kids enough. Offering no useful advice to the parents of these kids, she stopped mentioning the subject as soon as it stopped trending on Twitter.

*Tweeted multiple triggering subjects including eating disorders, self harm, suicide, sexual abuse, animal abuse with no spoilers and in a way which seemed intentionally inflammatory. Also tweeted images of injury with no trigger warning (foot, eye) and photos of large amounts of medication during a time in which she had stated she was mentally very unwell and had mentioned (triggering content) suicidal ideation

*Tweeted multiple heavily filtered/edited photographs of herself with no clarification that they were edited to make her body appear differently. When asked about this, she was seen to deny editing.

*The kitten saga. Adopted a very unwell and disabled kitten, without seeking proper veterinary advice. Forced the kitten up onto it's deformed front legs the first night she got it at around 1am, when it was surely tired and disoriented. Claimed she was able to care for and pay for the kitten's treatment yet did not take the kitten to the vet for days even though it was clearly very unwell. Used the kitten as a photo prop, putting it on her shoulder, in her pocket, etc. Eventually took the kitten to the vet where she was told it was too poorly and needed to be put to sleep. Didn't take the vets advice and took the kitten home where she tweeted about how she was shocked at the amount of money a trip to the vet cost and said she might look into donations to help her pay for it. Also seemed to be attempting to make inroads with Supervet. Allowed the kitten to die at home, possibly in a lot of pain.

*The use of a tip jar (regularly shaken) to beg and plead poverty reminds me of when con artists scam old nanas out of their life savings. She pleads poverty and claims she's doing so much for free but if you go on her website, it's so full of ads it is almost impossible to navigate. She shook her tin at the beginning of lockdown, prompting many followers to donate even though they were saying they were poor themselves. She then went and purchased even more high end luxury items for her home (which is already full of them). Con artist.

*Uses her child on her social media, often revealing more info than seems comfortable let alone necessary. Embroiling him in her dramatic and chaotic online life.

* The continued misrepresentation of AA and what life looks like when you work your steps and are honest with your sponsor. I know this is a sticky one, and the less said the better really. Her behaviour is so at odds with the steps, I will leave it there.

Hopefully that will be helpful to people who come here wondering why a small (there's hundreds of us on this thread) group of obsessed bullies have been making someone's life absolute hell.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

Totally agree with all of this, amazing post.

Also to add something else:
Laws and regulations just haven’t caught up with the social media explosion yet and so all these influencers get away with everything they want.
Using and abusing children and animals
Not declaring ads
Straight up lying
Begging for money
Giving misleading and false info
Etc etc

They should not be allowed to blatantly cheat and lie and abuse without any oversight. At the moment, we are the only oversight.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

👍 the only thing missing from The loooong list is the awful Kickstarter con

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

Every word of this is perfectly expressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The kitten videos she put up are so creepy. Poor little kitten struggling putting weight on its poorly leg too. I hope she reads this and takes them down.
The only thing worse than the actual video is that they are monetised!!! How can you make money from suffering? Appalling ☹

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

This is a great post ❤

You know, in the avalanche of tit that Jack causes with clockwork regularity, I had almost forgotten about the kitten? That was a real indicator of sociopathy, I thought. Absolutely no empathy for an animal's suffering while using it as a prop.

The fact that her followers could watch that saga unfold and not see her for what she is is genuinely worrying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

This is perfect and we should add this to the Jack Monroe pre amble on the threads tbh. It’s the gross poverty signaling that is SO fucked up, it’s mad someone with a decent 3 bed private rental, tit tons of furniture, all high end electronics (MacBook, iPhone, Samsung, DSLR camera bits, the £170 alarm clock, the posh radio, etc) can dare to type the sentence “help to stock my larder” like she’s a little field mouse hoping to just make it through the winter?! Either you’ve hit hard times so you sign on, or you budget your Unilever & BBC & Tiggy + Bo & ONI pizza ovens & book royalties pay cheques to cover the essentials, like food?

Also her perverse cosplaying of a working class person & someone who thoroughly understands poverty when in her first book (apparently, not read the tit) she even mentions selling her £4k omega seamaster! She grew up in a 5 bed with extension / a MBE awarded dad earning £60k pa and mum a nurse / mum driving a navy blue landrover as she came here to confirm to us 😂

It might seem innocent but she’s literally taking work (and opportunities for actual activism & change) from genuine WC & poor people (two distinct groups Jackie we’re not all Fagan’s urchins as you like to portray x). It’s particularly insidious when you think about how BAME & first gen or undocumented immigrants are over represented in those populations. She’s never collabed with anyone, done takeovers, even linking out to work by BAME people, because she does not care about the cause it’s about centring herself and profiteering from poverty, how else could you justify the gofundme trying to raise tens of thousands in sales of her own book to go into food banks?! I mean ffs she’s only criticised Marcus Rashford’s work, or seeked to jump into it after the fact. She’s just a virtue signalling centrist who just went on about breaching covid lockdowns to cut her brother’s Afro “I’d do anything for that kid!” She says, seemingly this includes endangering his life and the lives of his family for twitter clout.

Tbh we have the receipts for all of the above and I’d happily go to court to discuss it, she’s welcome over or a cup of tea to discuss too (with or without 24 hour in police custody film crew). Nothing that gets said here is fabricated and that’s what does her in, if you were reading conspiracies that you brush ur teeth with raw sausage mix you’d just laugh tbh - it hurts because it’s all SO bleeping true. She’s terrified more people will clock which is wild cos she’s also on twitter directing them here?

In the same way social media is calling out Rachel Doezals they’re going to come for the rest of you lot that cosplay marginalised identities on Twitter for cash so good luck babe x

• Heart
Reactions: 102
Do Patreon actually 'police' Their members? Would they be happy that people are paying for little/no reward? I.e being conned? Mention of charity, do the charity commission have rules?
It doesn’t seem like they police their creators - from their ‘help’ section it appears that the creator is of the utmost importance and the supporters have to confront them about lack of reward and requesting refunds directly. The ball is very much in the creator’s park. Even in the case of someone making a one year pledge and the creator providing none of the expected benefits from day one, they cannot claim a refund. Their approach seems to be that the money is to support the creator and not necessarily to obtain the benefits (53 postcards a month, opportunity to submit your own slop, etc) that you’re led to believe you will be given... (??)

Honestly reading about this is really putting me off Patreon. I completely agree that creators need more protection from issues like spending hours on a commission only for the recipient to say they don’t like it and refuse to pay... but not offering any help to supporters who are getting duck all of what they were promised? Their philosophy is Jacklogic: I promised you those rewards THEN, when you paid, not NOW

All you can do is cancel your pledge so they won’t get any future payments

I support one project on Patreon - a podcast which releases most of their content for free, I pay only about £3/month for the extras. The creators have taken a few months off and while I wouldn’t have minded continuing to support them despite getting nothing, they paused everyone’s pledges because I guess they have integrity, respect their supporters and feel like they should deliver on their promises

I don’t know anything about the charity commission but charities have to be registered and you can’t set up a charity to benefit a specific person to my knowledge. Sorry Jack 😐 (not really)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Also her perverse cosplaying of a working class person & someone who thoroughly understands poverty when in her first book (apparently, not read the tit) she even mentions selling her £4k omega seamaster! She grew up in a 5 bed with extension / a MBE awarded dad earning £60k pa and mum a nurse / mum driving a navy blue landrover as she came here to confirm to us 😂

It might seem innocent but she’s literally taking work (and opportunities for actual activism & change) from genuine WC & poor people (two distinct groups Jackie we’re not all Fagan’s urchins as you like to portray x). It’s particularly insidious when you think about how BAME & first gen or undocumented immigrants are over represented in those populations. She’s never collabed with anyone, done takeovers, even linking out to work by BAME people, because she does not care about the cause it’s about centring herself and profiteering from poverty, how else could you justify the gofundme trying to raise tens of thousands in sales of her own book to go into food banks?! I mean ffs she’s only criticised Marcus Rashford’s work, or seeked to jump into it after the fact. She’s just a virtue signalling centrist who just went on about breaching covid lockdowns to cut her brother’s Afro “I’d do anything for that kid!” She says, seemingly this includes endangering his life and the lives of his family for twitter clout.
Thiiiiiiiis. I think this is the most anger-inducing thing about her, for me at least - that she is middle of the road, bland-ass, basic middle class Lib Dem centrism personified but calls herself a left wing working class political commentator and people...bleeping believe it?? I know there's a really poor understanding of class in this country but the way she diverts attention away from real WC activism with her tired old story is bleeping shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

Dearest @GrunkaLunka, you have said it (almost) all for me and so many others so beautifully and concisely that I can't simply acknowledge it by posting a reaction emoji. ❤ ❤ The only thing I would add for myself is how perfectly so many of the points you make were encapsulated in the Edinburgh Expedition.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Thiiiiiiiis. I think this is the most anger-inducing thing about her, for me at least - that she is middle of the road, bland-ass, basic middle class Lib Dem centrism personified but calls herself a left wing working class political commentator and people...bleeping believe it?? I know there's a really poor understanding of class in this country
There's also a really poor understanding of politics in this country, I think, where the most blatant centrists (in Jack's case, with a clear right-leaning) can somehow be considered as a fearless voice of the left. In other news, I have only just twigged that the 'Caroline F' she mentioned last night is Caroline Flack and ugh, she's just odious.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

Absolute hero. *claps*

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I can't believe her posting content on her Patreon only lasted a couple of days and now there's been nothing for over a month. I'm sure at the time I gave her a few weeks before she'd get bored and move on to the next thing. Silly me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Absolutely well said @GrunkaLunka 👏🏼 She’s nothing but a con artist and a bully. She hates us because we see through her and speak the truth, she has zero control over us and it kills her. Sorry about that Jack 🤠

• Heart
Reactions: 37
@GrunkaLunka you are 100% spot on (as always!). We must not let her manipulate us into thinking we are the ones in the wrong and everyone should reread your post if they start to doubt themselves.

Dinner last night: That man's filo chicken kievs (really easy and tasty) with mash and peas and broccoli.

So it appears one of JM's main concerns, besides her safety (🙄), is the loss of her blue tick. Says it all. No words.

• Heart
Does anyone have a link to when she came to tattle? I have looked and can't find it

Reactions: 5
she’s literally taking work (and opportunities for actual activism & change) from genuine WC & poor people (two distinct groups Jackie we’re not all Fagan’s urchins as you like to portray x). It’s particularly insidious when you think about how BAME & first gen or undocumented immigrants are over represented in those populations.
100% all of this. She has inserted herself into the narrative of almost every recent occasion where there was opportunity for a minority group to be raised up. She shows no shame in reinventing herself and her story in order to attempt to benefit from the oppression of minority groups. She will trample them back down in order to raise herself higher and higher. It sickens me.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.