Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also notice that Jack hasn't made a post on Patreon for over a month!

I do seem to recall that it was only after a lot of people on this forum began highlighting this that she then made an attempt to:

a) promote it incessantly again

b) Posted about 4 or 5 member posts including her 'poetry'

c) bumped up the prices

As with most things, she's given up again (but still takes the money, of course).
That aint workin thats the way you do it
Money for nothin and chicks for free

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The thing is, i know from actual experience that people *are* discussing this stuff privately. Including some of her blue tick followers. It suits her to imagine that we're just a one-off group of bullies and hataz but I hate to burst your bubble, Jack, your bullshit is not going unnoticed.
That’s very interesting! I suspect the makeup-enhanced black eye may have been a turning point. It was so blatant.

Reactions: 28

I do seem to recall that it was only after a lot of people on this forum began highlighting this that she then made an attempt to:

c) bumped up the prices

As with most things, she's given up again (but still takes the money, of course).
Any month that comes with "poetry" should be discounted by at least 20%
Moody photos of yellow "food" against any sort of background should incur a similar penalty.
Months including both should have an attached waiver for damage incurred whilst viewing.

Evening, Cabal! Dinner here was a massive risotto (complete with actual proper risotto rice, along with borlotti beans, Onion, garlic, celery, rosemary, pancetta and parmesan...THAT MAN’S recipe, no less) which was bleeping delicious, followed by a nice simple fresh fruit salad.
I’m also checking out for a while. I couldn’t read a lot of the last thread because I couldn’t get past a lot of the ED talk, but also...well, she’s gone private and I hope she really HAS listened and is getting the help she needs. Like @Silver Linings, I don’t want to give her the attention of discussing private posts.
I’m sure I’ll be back if the chaos resumes, and I will probably pop my head round the door of the food and drink thread occasionally. It’s been an absolute pleasure and privilege to interact with the entertaining, funny and intelligent bunch that you all are, thank you very Matt much for embracing me into the fold!

Now duck off. 😉😘
So, we'll see you next week darlin'

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think we are pretty tame compared to some of the stuff about her that’s out there on other forums.
I like this one from the Army Rumour Service.

She's a professional grief bleep, blaming everyone else for her problems
ETA: Dinner was finishing off the Camembert, plus some crisps, followed by finishing off Ben & Jerry Birthday Cake ice cream (my favourite). Still choked on my food and had to talk to God on the big white telephone.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Day two and we’re already contemplating taking extreme action

View attachment 236133
Omg positively hooting / wheezing at this!

Fancy going to the police, what synopsis would she provide? They’re a bunch of tragic haus frau pretending to be funded by Putin, they’ve triangulated my garden furniture & fish pie, made a list of all my ailments, careers, and luxury furnishings please help me?! All of which has been done using info I’ve willingly put online, and oh don’t read thread 31 where I was so scared for my safety I bleeping joined in?! 🥴

She may be used to taking hostages & emotionally terrorising people in her personal life but it doesn’t really work online with people that see you for what you are does it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Again I say this to reassure people but apparently her lawyer has advised her that the 'problem' of people not liking her is ~so big it's almost impossible to try to tackle~, amazingly enough.
There is no way that her lawyer - assuming that (1) they exist and (2) this is an actual solicitor - said that. No way in hell.
Also, you cannot sue people for not liking you.

c) bumped up the prices

I wonder if she’s actually posting out the promised merchandise (i.e. crappy “art” postcards)? I somehow doubt it. Given her multiple previous issues with (1) postage generally and (2) doing things she’s promised to do (see also: that disastrous Kickstarter - it’s amazing she got away with that without being sued frankly).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
There is no way that her lawyer - assuming that (1) they exist and (2) this is an actual solicitor - said that. No way in hell.
Also, you cannot sue people for not liking you.

I wonder if she’s actually posting out the promised merchandise (i.e. crappy “art” postcards)? I somehow doubt it. Given her multiple previous issues with (1) postage generally and (2) doing things she’s promised to do (see also: that disastrous Kickstarter - it’s amazing she got away with that without being sued frankly).
I'm really surprised she's managed to keep things like that so quiet. You'd think people would do a little bit of research before signing up to Patreon, or is that just the cynical old bugger in me?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm really surprised she's managed to keep things like that so quiet. You'd think people would do a little bit of research before signing up to Patreon, or is that just the cynical old bugger in me?
This is the thing. Patreon is meant to act like a patron of the arts/invention/innovation - 'for artists and creators' as the website states it.

But through careful wording/omission of certain things, she has managed to come across as a person in need i.e. a charity. By consistent sleight-of-hand ('rocketing bills/can't afford my own house/only eat cheap food/look at my yellow sticker bargains' etc) she has subtly created the impression of one in need. This is probably why her followers keep pushing people to employ her, as though she 'needs' the money.

That's simply not what Patreon was designed for.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Been up all night with ouchy mouth (painful gums) and having a 100% vegan hot chocolate now. At this rate I might actually start cooking some of her recipes, slop might be better than having to chew whilst I'm recovering.
Is there a sweepstake yet on when she will be back?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I think our next glimpse of Jackie will be some kind of Guardian article, I can see it now. My Social Media Hell: 'I suffered in silence for years but when the bullies turned on my mother enough was enough.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
This is the thing. Patreon is meant to act like a patron of the arts/invention/innovation - 'for artists and creators' as the website states it.

But through careful wording/omission of certain things, she has managed to come across as a person in need i.e. a charity. By consistent sleight-of-hand ('rocketing bills/can't afford my own house/only eat cheap food/look at my yellow sticker bargains' etc) she has subtly created the impression of one in need. This is probably why her followers keep pushing people to employ her, as though she 'needs' the money.

That's simply not what Patreon was designed for.
Do Patreon actually 'police' Their members? Would they be happy that people are paying for little/no reward? I.e being conned? Mention of charity, do the charity commission have rules?

Reactions: 15
It makes you think...people who have become famous - even slightly so - in the era of social media seem totally unable to separate criticism from personal abuse. That's a bit mad, no? Like, THAT MAN has taken so much tit over the years and never whined or threatened legal action. Jack could learn something from him (also how to cook. Just a thought).
I think it’s because these people’s lives/selves are their brand - rather than being eg ‘a cook’ or ‘an actor’. By definition any criticism is taken as intensely personal because there is no division between their personal and professional life. That’s partly why the life of an influencer is so unhealthy and why so many of them seem so unstable. They choose the lifestyle because they have a need for approval from others (we all do but it’s particularly strong in them) and an unstable sense of who they are - they are unable to achieve it from self acceptance. It has to come from others. And when others don’t approve, they go fiercely on the attack - because the alternative would be self reflection, and that is unbearable to a narcissist.

Reactions: 27
I think our next glimpse of Jackie will be some kind of Guardian article, I can see it now. My Social Media Hell: 'I suffered in silence for years but when the bullies turned on my mother enough was enough.'
Sali Hughes has spent this week traveling up the country speaking to people about her tattle bullying hell - think it’s for a radio 4 documentary. Sali’s tweeted Jack about tattle before.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

I am making this list while it's quiet. To remind myself why I am here. I'm not a bully, I haven't ever contacted Jack outside of Tattle (I did reply to her when she invaded our platform). I haven't contacted her sponsors, her production company, or her coworkers. I haven't tracked her house, or been to any of her public events. I have not joked I would follow her to A&E.

I am just someone who got fed up with the inconsistencies, the rage filled nasty behaviour and the way she dropped causes, people and ideas like hot potatoes.

The majority here are the same. There are some who have gone too far, eg. taken themselves to her social media. Those people are breaking the rules of Tattle and do not speak for us. Discussing content she has made public isn't an offence, in fact it is how she makes her money. She wants followers, views, engagement, etc. but wants to control the narrative to be purely positive. It doesn't work like that.

Her use of Caroline Flack's name is absolutely unforgiveable. Keeping receipts of what she's put on her social media is nothing like what Caroline went through and it's just another example of her using triggering content to manipulate the narrative.

A long arsed list containing the points which brought me to and kept me on Tattle. I know I will have missed things....

* Jamie Oliver was subjected to a vile set of tweets in which Jack instigated a pile on... because he got a new job that she thought she would be better at. The job she subsequently got as a result of hers and her followers manipulative behaviour was a bleeping car crash. See also, This Morning appearance featuring Chicken(less) Lingreenie (raw) and Hellmann's how to make a sandwich(?).

* David Walliams was subjected to a set of offensive and poisonous tweets because her son was gifted one of his books (and she was pissed off about it). Within these tweets she insinuated he was racist, sexist, a drug user and many other unpleasant and seemingly unfounded slurs. She also appealed for people to DM her with gossip about him and was requesting information about a deleted chapter from his autobiography. She told her followers that she was going to dissect each of his books and that she wasn't going anywhere. After getting furious over a white character she believed was black, she failed to complete the first book.

*Made a monetised Black Lives Matter video, which was nothing more than a money making scam. Said she would hand over her platform to black voices, but this did not happen. Also claimed she would write a book, lifting voices of black people. The book has not been mentioned since the subject stopped trending on Twitter.

*Used her social media to denigrate Louisa. She had the TV on, she was using the WiFi, she left, she's not covering her half of the rent, she left. There was also the time Louisa had gone out for a meal and so Jack immediately posted an old picture of when they had gone for a meal, like the ghost of Christmas past, trying to ruin Louisa's afternoon. This one makes me feel sick to write. Her treatment of Louisa on social media has always had a bad vibe to it, like abuse and manipulation. It can sometimes take years to realise how badly the other person treats you, and I just hope that she's had lots of lovely friends and family around her during all of this.

*Sneered at the lunches being sent to children on free school meals during lockdown, suggesting that sandwiches and jacket potatoes were bad lunches(?) Shaming the parents of free school meal children, ridiculing the meals they were feeding their kids, saying they weren't feeding their kids enough. Offering no useful advice to the parents of these kids, she stopped mentioning the subject as soon as it stopped trending on Twitter.

*Tweeted multiple triggering subjects including eating disorders, self harm, suicide, sexual abuse, animal abuse with no spoilers and in a way which seemed intentionally inflammatory. Also tweeted images of injury with no trigger warning (foot, eye) and photos of large amounts of medication during a time in which she had stated she was mentally very unwell and had mentioned (triggering content) suicidal ideation

*Tweeted multiple heavily filtered/edited photographs of herself with no clarification that they were edited to make her body appear differently. When asked about this, she was seen to deny editing.

*The kitten saga. Adopted a very unwell and disabled kitten, without seeking proper veterinary advice. Forced the kitten up onto it's deformed front legs the first night she got it at around 1am, when it was surely tired and disoriented. Claimed she was able to care for and pay for the kitten's treatment yet did not take the kitten to the vet for days even though it was clearly very unwell. Used the kitten as a photo prop, putting it on her shoulder, in her pocket, etc. Eventually took the kitten to the vet where she was told it was too poorly and needed to be put to sleep. Didn't take the vets advice and took the kitten home where she tweeted about how she was shocked at the amount of money a trip to the vet cost and said she might look into donations to help her pay for it. Also seemed to be attempting to make inroads with Supervet. Allowed the kitten to die at home, possibly in a lot of pain.

*The use of a tip jar (regularly shaken) to beg and plead poverty reminds me of when con artists scam old nanas out of their life savings. She pleads poverty and claims she's doing so much for free but if you go on her website, it's so full of ads it is almost impossible to navigate. She shook her tin at the beginning of lockdown, prompting many followers to donate even though they were saying they were poor themselves. She then went and purchased even more high end luxury items for her home (which is already full of them). Con artist.

*Uses her child on her social media, often revealing more info than seems comfortable let alone necessary. Embroiling him in her dramatic and chaotic online life.

* The continued misrepresentation of AA and what life looks like when you work your steps and are honest with your sponsor. I know this is a sticky one, and the less said the better really. Her behaviour is so at odds with the steps, I will leave it there.

Hopefully that will be helpful to people who come here wondering why a small (there's hundreds of us on this thread) group of obsessed bullies have been making someone's life absolute hell.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 176
Seconded, I too have neglected to call Jack a bleep for a while, sorry my bad. Jack you are still a bleep chiefly for but in particular order: kitten torture, manipulation of vulnerable people, fraud against vulnerable people, ED triggering posts, SH triggering posts and exploiting your son/mum/brother when it suits.
The kitten videos she put up are so creepy. Poor little kitten struggling putting weight on its poorly leg too. I hope she reads this and takes them down.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Ahaha suffered in silence. Imagine!

32 days until her book is due. Jack paces the kitchen of her roomy rented house. She glances at the expensive sideboard with her one good eye.

One of twelve phones sits atop it. It has been mere minutes since she last tweeted about chicken dicks and the comforting ping of notifications has slowed to a crawl.

Her heart begins to beat faster as her trembling veiny hand inches ever closer to the now silent phone....

(Opening the rest of this tale up to the floor ☺)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I am not a bully.

This post is LOOOOOONG.

I am making this list while it's quiet. To remind myself why I am here. I'm not a bully, I haven't ever contacted Jack outside of Tattle (I did reply to her when she invaded our platform). I haven't contacted her sponsors, her production company, or her coworkers. I haven't tracked her house, or been to any of her public events. I have not joked I would follow her to A&E.

I am just someone who got fed up with the inconsistencies, the rage filled nasty behaviour and the way she dropped causes, people and ideas like hot potatoes.

The majority here are the same. There are some who have gone too far, eg. taken themselves to her social media. Those people are breaking the rules of Tattle and do not speak for us. Discussing content she has made public isn't an offence, in fact it is how she makes her money. She wants followers, views, engagement, etc. but wants to control the narrative to be purely positive. It doesn't work like that.

Her use of Caroline Flack's name is absolutely unforgiveable. Keeping receipts of what she's put on her social media is nothing like what Caroline went through and it's just another example of her using triggering content to manipulate the narrative.

A long arsed list containing the points which brought me to and kept me on Tattle. I know I will have missed things....

* Jamie Oliver was subjected to a vile set of tweets in which Jack instigated a pile on... because he got a new job that she thought she would be better at. The job she subsequently got as a result of hers and her followers manipulative behaviour was a bleeping car crash. See also, This Morning appearance featuring Chicken(less) Lingreenie (raw) and Hellmann's how to make a sandwich(?).

* David Walliams was subjected to a set of offensive and poisonous tweets because her son was gifted one of his books (and she was pissed off about it). Within these tweets she insinuated he was racist, sexist, a drug user and many other unpleasant and seemingly unfounded slurs. She also appealed for people to DM her with gossip about him and was requesting information about a deleted chapter from his autobiography. She told her followers that she was going to dissect each of his books and that she wasn't going anywhere. After getting furious over a white character she believed was black, she failed to complete the first book.

*Made a monetised Black Lives Matter video, which was nothing more than a money making scam. Said she would hand over her platform to black voices, but this did not happen. Also claimed she would write a book, lifting voices of black people. The book has not been mentioned since the subject stopped trending on Twitter.

*Used her social media to denigrate Louisa. She had the TV on, she was using the WiFi, she left, she's not covering her half of the rent, she left. There was also the time Louisa had gone out for a meal and so Jack immediately posted an old picture of when they had gone for a meal, like the ghost of Christmas past, trying to ruin Louisa's afternoon. This one makes me feel sick to write. Her treatment of Louisa on social media has always had a bad vibe to it, like abuse and manipulation. It can sometimes take years to realise how badly the other person treats you, and I just hope that she's had lots of lovely friends and family around her during all of this.

*Sneered at the lunches being sent to children on free school meals during lockdown, suggesting that sandwiches and jacket potatoes were bad lunches(?) Shaming the parents of free school meal children, ridiculing the meals they were feeding their kids, saying they weren't feeding their kids enough. Offering no useful advice to the parents of these kids, she stopped mentioning the subject as soon as it stopped trending on Twitter.

*Tweeted multiple triggering subjects including eating disorders, self harm, suicide, sexual abuse, animal abuse with no spoilers and in a way which seemed intentionally inflammatory. Also tweeted images of injury with no trigger warning (foot, eye) and photos of large amounts of medication during a time in which she had stated she was mentally very unwell and had mentioned (triggering content) suicidal ideation

*Tweeted multiple heavily filtered/edited photographs of herself with no clarification that they were edited to make her body appear differently. When asked about this, she was seen to deny editing.

*The kitten saga. Adopted a very unwell and disabled kitten, without seeking proper veterinary advice. Forced the kitten up onto it's deformed front legs the first night she got it at around 1am, when it was surely tired and disoriented. Claimed she was able to care for and pay for the kitten's treatment yet did not take the kitten to the vet for days even though it was clearly very unwell. Used the kitten as a photo prop, putting it on her shoulder, in her pocket, etc. Eventually took the kitten to the vet where she was told it was too poorly and needed to be put to sleep. Didn't take the vets advice and took the kitten home where she tweeted about how she was shocked at the amount of money a trip to the vet cost and said she might look into donations to help her pay for it. Also seemed to be attempting to make inroads with Supervet. Allowed the kitten to die at home, possibly in a lot of pain.

*The use of a tip jar (regularly shaken) to beg and plead poverty reminds me of when con artists scam old nanas out of their life savings. She pleads poverty and claims she's doing so much for free but if you go on her website, it's so full of ads it is almost impossible to navigate. She shook her tin at the beginning of lockdown, prompting many followers to donate even though they were saying they were poor themselves. She then went and purchased even more high end luxury items for her home (which is already full of them). Con artist.

*Uses her child on her social media, often revealing more info than seems comfortable let alone necessary. Embroiling him in her dramatic and chaotic online life.

* The continued misrepresentation of AA and what life looks like when you work your steps and are honest with your sponsor. I know this is a sticky one, and the less said the better really. Her behaviour is so at odds with the steps, I will leave it there.

Hopefully that will be helpful to people who come here wondering why a small (there's hundreds of us on this thread) group of obsessed bullies have been making someone's life absolute hell.
Dearest grunka, you are the wonderful voice of reason we all need in our heads 🥰

I know this is also why I'm here. I also know I'm not a bully. I'll be around these threads while she's private but I probably won't be posting, unless it's about all her previous chaoses.

It's all about the food and drink, baby!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.