Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Remember when Jack said her granny-knickers-on-the-sideboard shots were done to announce something exciting? But we never found out what the announcement was? I still think about that.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Ah, I think I was misunderstood, I meant that Miguel has provided a really simple solution to the minimal ingredient, minimal budget problem, without having to write 5 books about it and making it such a massive deal. I think Miguel is absolutely brilliant, no fuss no faff, straightforward and clear.
Are his recipes online or do you have to buy his book(s)?

Reactions: 2
Hmmmmmmm. At what point are we in the bootstrap paradox? Surely past, present and future are all relational?
Will we ever know where we are in the paradox? :alien:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ah, I think I was misunderstood, I meant that Miguel has provided a really simple solution to the minimal ingredient, minimal budget problem, without having to write 5 books about it and making it such a massive deal. I think Miguel is absolutely brilliant, no fuss no faff, straightforward and clear.
Oh no I was agreeing with you! So sorry if there was any misunderstanding.

Reactions: 5
Remember when Jack said her granny-knickers-on-the-sideboard shots were done to announce something exciting? But we never found out what the announcement was? I still think about that.
Remember when she finished Hellmans and posted all those pics of her gleefully celebrating as she announced she had turned down lots of serious offers and was going to be doing her own show?! I'm waiting for that 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Remember when she finished Hellmans and posted all those pics of her gleefully celebrating as she announced she had turned down lots of serious offers and was going to be doing her own show?! I'm waiting for that 😬
She really is the most cringe-inducing z-lister...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Guys I don't think we ever left the paradox. We just thought we had 👀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Jesus, she's actually putting herself forward to write for someone who has asked for a person that grew up on food stamps. Holy tit.
It's annoying enough that she keeps wheeling out her poverty story, which seems to amount to a short time when she was temporarily not rich. (She was rich before and rich after, and if she disputes that then I'd like to know how the duck she ended up with an expensive watch and a home full of high end gear) But now she is going to attempt to take the place of someone who has genuinely grown up in poverty?? Drowning out minority voices in your desperation to be centre of everything is bleeping horrible Jack. This isn't for you. Exactly what she did with her terrible Black Lives Matter video too, a pointless gesture she used to make money. Disgusting. This leopard can't change her spots, it doesn't matter how many tweets she deletes and bio edits she goes through.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
Jack Monroe #69 Keep your canned food Miguel, I'm doing just FINE

I may have been a bit premature 💦

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I think that’s what frustrates me the most about her. For reasons unknown to me she has a substantial platform and she has the ability to do a lot of good with that. I imagine there are so many people genuinely trying to help and educate and change people’s lives and they’re not heard.

This week has been a really Bobby Dazzler for her, I can’t work it all out. I switch between thinking she is really unwell but then everything seems so contrived and a bit...sinister. Of course I accept that may be symptoms of mental illness but I always come down on it not being that.

I would love to be proved wrong though because this week has been concerning and I think she needs help.

Now get fucked you bullying ninnies.
Perhaps she is just not very nice?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Me getting home from work and catching up on this thread:

The absolute nerve to say she's turning over a new leaf and then immediately raising an eager hand to write about being brought up in poverty. Good God.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.