Jack Monroe #68 Take a day off mate, seriously

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's the food bank cooking career ended, just take these three things and do this. That's it. That is literally it.
Miguels books are great. He has good recipes, advice about the store cupboard and choosing recipes to use up ingredients so no leftovers.

Reactions: 15
20200904_225542.jpg

God this guy is a prick.

No. First, systems are very different between countries. Second, food culture is different - what is cheap in one country isn't in another. Where I live we have no "yellow sticker" section. Convenience foods aren't particularly common. The canned products are different. Fresh fruit and veg are far cheaper, but other things (especially anything foreign) is way more expensive. Someone trying to cook Jack's slop here would be missing cheaper (and nicer - but that goes without saying) ways to eat.

America has its own food culture altogether. Hell, Weetabix is not a household name there, Jack will have to change her origin story to "Mummy Mom, can I have another Pop Tart?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
I'm thinking the deletions are to do with the invention of the meal vouchers nonsense. That's serious stuff to be caught lying about. And L's withering "vividly" probably wasn't the reaction she was hoping for

#69 (matron) early suggestion:. "Hi! I'm Jack!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just want to take this opportunity to make clear that I was not actually alive at the time of the release of the original Stepford Wives, in case anyone was wondering 😂
I was!! Although I didn't watch it until it was on video in the 80s!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh my god. Fraus!

So I'm watching the second series of Dark on Netflix. Amazing trippy creepy German series, love love love it.

I'm on episode three and this guy starts talking about a 'bootstrap paradox'.

Wherein an object moves from the future to the past, back to the future. A never ending cycle 'in which the object no longer has any real origin'

I sit here, mouth A-bleeping-GAPE at this strange synchronicity. And I pronounce today's events.....the bootstrap paradox.

😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
My theory is that she’s obsessed with tattle (obvs), she’s frustrated that she’s not been able to beat us. This new deletion is to remove evidence of her nastiness and lies and she’ll do her best to paint us as trolls by behaving professionally.
Have to admit that I didn’t think she’d carry on with the eye lie though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 233381
God this guy is a prick.

No. First, systems are very different between countries. Second, food culture is different - what is cheap in one country isn't in another. Where I live we have no "yellow sticker" section. Convenience foods aren't particularly common. The canned products are different. Fresh fruit and veg are far cheaper, but other things (especially anything foreign) is way more expensive. Someone trying to cook Jack's slop here would be missing cheaper (and nicer - but that goes without saying) ways to eat.

America has its own food culture altogether. Hell, Weetabix is not a household name there, Jack will have to change her origin story to "Mummy Mom, can I have another Pop Tart?"
This guy is DOING MY HEAD IN. You don't actually have to have lived it, but all these experiences are examples of 'living it' but also, again, you don't need to have had to have lived it, so, what? Anyone who hasn't lived it can write about it? OR CAN THEY? What an absolute dullard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Oh my god. Fraus!

So I'm watching the second series of Dark on Netflix. Amazing trippy creepy German series, love love love it.

Wherein an object moves from the future to the past, back to the future. A never ending cycle 'in which the object no longer has any real origin'

I sit here, mouth A-bleeping-GAPE at this strange synchronicity. And I pronounce today's events.....the bootstrap paradox.

😂
oooh, I do love that programme!!!

Reactions: 4
View attachment 233381
God this guy is a prick.

Indeed, he is not getting the point of perfectly logical and polite response. Maybe he's been at the koolade kombucha too.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh my god. Fraus!

😂
thread title: ‘The bootstrap paradox’

• Haha
Reactions: 46
This guy is DOING MY HEAD IN. You don't actually have to have lived it, but all these experiences are examples of 'living it' but also, again, you don't need to have had to have lived it, so, what? Anyone who hasn't lived it can write about it? OR CAN THEY? What an absolute dullard.
Exactly. Especially because the OP explicitly asked for someone who'd lived it. Basic reading comprehension, motherfucker!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Does she actually think she can re-invent herself just like that? A quick delete and hey presto, a new person and start. Just because she did a lame Zoom at a virtual conference? It will last a few days until the next car-crash drama. Jack cannot change.
Susie V thinks she can close her comments, stay quiet for a little while, then stroll back in as though nothing has happened, no apology, no acknowledgement, nothing.

Reactions: 14
Dear me, R Jackie never fails to surprise. I now have 30 pages to catch up with. I have been BUSY OK?

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Oh my god. Fraus!

😂
Thread title thread title!!!

Reactions: 13
This week has definitely been the strangest time I've witnessed in Jack land. So odd to delete your twitter history and then come straight back and introduce yourself - eh we know who you are, you giant bellend. Something definitely went down.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Miguels books are great. He has good recipes, advice about the store cupboard and choosing recipes to use up ingredients so no leftovers.
Ah, I think I was misunderstood, I meant that Miguel has provided a really simple solution to the minimal ingredient, minimal budget problem, without having to write 5 books about it and making it such a massive deal. I think Miguel is absolutely brilliant, no fuss no faff, straightforward and clear.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.