Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Jeez Louise. The sheer amount of STUFF that woman has. I might be on my own with this opinion but it's really, really strange to me to fill a rental chock full of top of the range items and expensive pieces of furniture. I've rented since I was 18 and have mostly used second hand or freecycled furniture now for 12 years. Truly living frugally. Surely saving for a deposit comes first and forever furniture as I would call it comes after?

Something doesn't add up, as ever. If credit history or debt is what's stopping her it must be fairly recent, would've been sorted by now. Of course, nobody would be gossiping about this sort of stuff if she wasn't always yapping on about not owning a house/problems with her (VERY fancy) rentals 🤷‍♀️. Is it because the house you want to own/where you want to live is too fancy for your budget, Jack? Don't want a starter home, wanna shoot straight for the stars? "Can I crowdfund a house?" Tee hee.

Also, how many times are we gonna have to look at those nik naks through the magnifying glass. This isn't arty Jack, it's shite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I honestly think over sharing about her poor son is on a level with that awful kitten content. Ffs if she genuinely wanted advice she could ask if there were any secondary grammar teachers / admissions tutors (if that exists?) she could have a private word with cos she needs some advice?! He doesn’t deserve all his little (normal!) childhood anxieties and insecurities being slathered all over the internet for the rest of time. I’m positively horrified!! 😡😡😡

Also give over on not affording a tutor, that’s a subtle Patreon pan shake isn’t it, wonder if they’ll go up 👀

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
There’s no way on earth she’s wearing a jumper, thermals, and hat and yet still needs the heating on in a bungalow. I live in a draughty pile of bricks (for all you MOD & FOD lovers), and yesterday we were out all day and came back to a freezing cold house. I’d left all the upstairs windows open, forgetting that the heatwave is over! Guess what? Jumpers and fluffy socks on, all windows quickly closed, we all warmed up very quickly. I can afford to put the heating on, despite having no Patreon account, and yet still avoided it as it’s wasteful. She’s a cunt.

• Heart

Bugger13

VIP Member
How the fuck is that a carbonara? There's no bacon or parmesan, and there doesn't appear to be egg either. She just loves the idea of being contrary for the sake of it - she's dying for someone to say it's not an authentic carbonara so she can bite their head off 🙄
It’s not a fucking carbonara. I have italian family. Why was it ok for her to go on about the Joloff rice when it came to ‘that man’, yet she can culturally appropriate whatever she wants? (Not that I give a shit, no italian is going to accept that’s a carbonara, they’d just pass on it)

• Heart
  • Sad

Marmalade Atkins

VIP Member
I absolutely agree with all your comments. All are pertinent and true without being overly involved, familiar or down right nasty.
Why are we all scared of calling her out on twitter?
We are only stating facts and it might enlighten her sycophantic followers.
I called her out on twitter and she was rude to me and then her followers piled on and were very personal. You did mention it on here.
Why are we so so scared? We are not trolling, just calling her out on her inconsistenties.
Beyond me.
One nasty scammer getting away with scam after scam.
Sorry if I have missed the point.
It's against Tattle rules to contact Jack on social media. I'd rather have a laugh on here than try to call her out on Twitter, which would basically be a complete waste of time.

• Heart

Ninch55

Chatty Member
Recovery. Jesus, I have ASD, ADHD and chronic depression. I hold down a full time job, pay my rent and bills. My flat is a fucking hovel but, hey, swings and bloody roundabouts- got to earn a living and as I’m on below the living wage, I’m perpetually skint. If I had a book commissioned for silly money for utter, repulsive, disgusting tripe, it’d have been in weeks before the deadline so that I got paid. Smeg fridge freezer? Sofa in the hall? Welcome to Council Land, sweetheart. Welcome to what shall I go without so that I don’t have to use a food bank? Welcome to being perpetually grateful for the generosity of my friends and neighbours. FFS, will somebody make her stop whining?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Um, yes, read your email inbox for that book...
That’s quite a big pile. Which begs the question: what exactly does Jack think she can add, that hasn’t already been said better, many times, by people better qualified than her? 🧐

• Heart

Uberrima fides

I try not to be mean about her followers as they’re mostly well intentioned, but, seriously?!View attachment 228661
It's a pity the follower didn't use some of their post to explain HOW their world is better. What aspects of her life have improved courtesy of reading JM's ramblings? Do they have more money in their pocket? I could see the point if the person subscribed to Martin Lewis' weekly email - they would save money and get a lot of information and practical advice. But Jack Monroe? She couldn't change a toilet roll let alone change anyone else's life.

Jack, not sure if you've noticed but this plague has been here since March. You've not given a shit about your immune system all year, unless it suited you. You've been to supermarkets, restaurants and pubs. You even fucked off on holiday halfway through.
Yes, she didn't give a shit about the immune system of people up here in Edinburgh when she arrived on a totally unnecessary trip.

• Heart
  • Haha

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
'I'll do my best for you all. Take care xx'

🤣
Fucking hell. Excuse my French fraus but I've hit my limit on the absolute shite she spews. She's gonna mentally drain herself going over her poverty story YET AGAIN for the greater good of everybody 😂 harrowing indeed. She's nothing but a parasite on the likes of Marcus Rashford. Hope he ignores her forever, she's an absolute chancer and opportunist. Professional liar and beggar, completely self obsessed and absorbed.

• Heart
  • Haha

Heron1267

I am not sure if this has been discussed already but what, if any, ethical safeguards has JM put into place for ‘researching’ her ‘book’ on poverty, and what, if anything, is she required to put in place?

She freely admits how difficult it is for her to recount her own time of hardship. I would actually be really interested in how this all works, snarking aside. During my MSc I did some research which involved contact with vulnerable people and there were some pretty tight safeguards - are people writing books subject to any ethical requirements or can you literally just crowdsource research participants (all from an extremely vulnerable group by the nature of the research) on twitter and publish that?

• Heart

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
Too much stuff!

Her house is crammed top to bottom.

This was from a few years ago so she's probably added even more to the collection since.

View attachment 228251

Whether it was cheap or not, no-one needs that much stuff, so it's still a waste of money.

Though I noticed a Roberts radio among her colour-coded books, and they don't come cheap. https://www.robertsradio.com/en-gb/retro/revival-mini#REV-MINIMB
The thing is that she so desperately wants people to believe her to be poor, her career literally depends on it. Her biggest problem is that she is just so, so arrogant that she absolutely can not stop herself from showing off all of the shit that she has, essentially bragging about how great and exemplary her life is, just with the caveat ‘but never forget, I’m still very poor’ as a qualifying footnote.

• Heart

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
“Bear in mind I have severe adult ADHD across all tested areas”.

“Across all tested areas” is not a thing. She has no idea about the diagnostic process. Liar.

• Wow