Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe she's posting shop-prepared dishes and photographing them like she made them. We suspected it before with the Greek spread but those potatoes are undoubtedly those from Waitrose. You can't change my mind on that. Of course, it's Jack's favourite move, she never actually SAID she made them, did she?

It is the needless little deceptions that are the sign of a pathological liar. Not one other person in the food industry would showcase shop bought meals.

The wigs, the narcissism, the lack of genuine care for animals, the manipulation of both strangers & close family ..... we are going to need a bigger boat.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I can't believe she's posting shop-prepared dishes and photographing them like she made them. We suspected it before with the Greek spread but those potatoes are undoubtedly those from Waitrose. You can't change my mind on that. Of course, it's Jack's favourite move, she never actually SAID she made them, did she?
I think it's interesting that she didn't post the pic of the POTATOES on twitter, just insta. #potatotruther

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She should get him looked at by the vet, as skin cancer in cats most commonly appears on the nose, or ear tips. And particularly where the hair is thin and white, which it is in this case. Skin cancer in cats can look like scabs, red or pink bumps, just like his nose. Fact is, it hasn't healed for a long time now and she should get it seen to, instead of blaming it on birds and mice. 😕

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I am going back a bit but I have been thinking about this politics book.

Does she honestly think the politicians are going to change because she plonks a book in front of them. They are very aware of the poverty situation. It's been a very popular subject especially used by the Labour party towards the Tories especially during the last election.

If her own book by itself changes their minds then I will forever be in awe of her but I honestly don't think it will, 10000s of people protesting hasnt changed it, endless petitions haven't changed it, politicians arguing about it hasn't changed it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
It is the needless little deceptions that are the sign of a pathological liar. Not one other person in the food industry would showcase shop bought meals.

The wigs, the narcissism, the lack of genuine care for animals, the manipulation of both strangers & close family ..... we are going to need a bigger boat.
Unbelievable! Mixing a couple of shop bought things with dishes she has actually made (don't think any shop would sell boiled mushrooms plonked in pesto). She must think she's being very crafty. How long would it have taken to do that mushroom dish and sprinkle some chilli flakes on a courgette. People begging her for recipes and in awe over her ability to throw together such a meal. It's easy when half of it is bought, darls. Once you spot the lies and inconsistencies with a person you will notice and question everythinggggg. That's why most of us are here I suppose!

Reactions: 21
Yeah I agree, they're Waitrose. That's why she stated they were meant to serve 4, so she must have cooked two packs up. If she made them, she would have just cooked up 'some', a nice bowlful for the photo, job done. She's so sly!

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Well, the easy way for her to disprove the shop bought theory is to post some photos she's taken of the actual cooking process? As someone who writes recipes and photos the results, would it not make sense that you'd also take some snappy snaps throughout the cooking process to show your many, many followers what is should resemble? Maybe even some video of you briefly talking through what you're doing?
Or is my way of thinking too maverick??

Reactions: 33
Yeah I agree, they're Waitrose. That's why she stated they were meant to serve 4, so she must have cooked two packs up. If she made them, she would have just cooked up 'some', a nice bowlful for the photo, job done. She's so sly!
Yep, she said the greengages were from (whispers) Waitrose, so she obviously picked the potato dish up at the same time. The "serves four" thing was the clincher, serves four says who? Oh yes, that would be the label!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Well, the easy way for her to disprove the shop bought theory is to post some photos she's taken of the actual cooking process? As someone who writes recipes and photos the results, would it not make sense that you'd also take some snappy snaps throughout the cooking process to show your many, many followers what is should resemble? Maybe even some video of you briefly talking through what you're doing?
Sounds like too much hard work.
Now, there’s nothing wrong with conveniently pre prepared foods, I buy them occasionally. But to sneakily lie by omission and present food as though it was all my own work ? Nope. I wouldn’t do it on Come Dine With Me, or on Twitter etc either.
Mack knows very well her audience, doesn’t she. Laughing her socks off I bet. 😡
Not well explained, under the weather today.

Reactions: 17
I’ve switched off from proper serious Tattling the last few days due to being VERY BUSY!!!, ooh ,get me😉
and this thread moves quicker than Horse Spunk Lasagne travelling through the small intestine then hurtling towards the final furlong of the anus.

Has she really started plagiarising supermarket labelling ingredient instructions 😂😂😂😂.

All the sorrys if I’ve rushed and read it wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Your profile pic 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
You mean like the 100 shots we had of those bloody beans? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You mean like the 100 shots we had of those bloody beans? 😂
Oh duck, not the magnifying glass again. It would be quite an interesting science experiment to examine her nails through it, admittedly. ‘And this, kids, is salmonella bacteria...’

ETA-that’s what happens when you go poking around in factory farmed, cheap wet ham 🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Her bowls of slop are so brightly coloured they can be seen from space. Mushrooms on a bed of neon green mush. Luminous lingreenie anyone? Vivid purple risotto?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Oh duck, not the magnifying glass again. It would be quite an interesting science experiment to examine her nails through it, admittedly. ‘And this, kids, is salmonella bacteria...’

ETA-that’s what happens when you go poking around in factory farmed, cheap wet ham 🤢
Here is why I get so upset when people like her try to justify eating cheap wet ham. We don't eat a lot of meat but we know that what we do eat has lived like this. We don't have a lot but we do believe in better food for everyone. We recently were let down by a butcher who ordered pigs so it meant we had some spare, I advertised locally and we were pleasantly surprised to see who ordered. It was an eye opener and we consider ourselves quite non judgy people. All lovely people 😀

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Here is why I get so upset when people like her try to justify eating cheap wet ham. We don't eat a lot of meat but we know that what we do eat has lived like this. We don't have a lot but we do believe in better food for everyone. We recently were let down by a butcher who ordered pigs so it meant we had some spare, I advertised locally and we were pleasantly surprised to see who ordered. It was an eye opener and we consider ourselves quite non judgy people. All lovely people 😀
So beautiful!!! All pigs should be able to snuffle about like that. Just lovely. Thanks for sharing it

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Yes, I’m vegan and adore animals but I can understand & appreciate your point of view. Jack’s appalling attitude to veganism is what first opened my eyes, anyone who gave the tiniest tit about animal welfare wouldn’t be buying factory farmed tit-and I bought her vegan book & felt incredibly let down that she basically jumped on what she saw as a ‘trend’ when many of us deeply care about animals, just to make money. Nobody who cared would buy & promote the cheap tit, awful welfare stuff she’s now buying (having taken our money & helped damage a movement many people genuinely care about)

Yes, I’m vegan and adore animals but I can understand & appreciate your point of view. Jack’s appalling attitude to veganism is what first opened my eyes, anyone who gave the tiniest tit about animal welfare wouldn’t be buying factory farmed tit-and I bought her vegan book & felt incredibly let down that she basically jumped on what she saw as a ‘trend’ when many of us deeply care about animals, just to make money. Nobody who cared would buy & promote the cheap tit, awful welfare stuff she’s now buying (having taken our money & helped damage a movement many people genuinely care about)
Eta the book is tit. Anyone who wants to explore vegan food that’s genuinely amazing would be far better off buying the bosh books or avant garde vegan.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Eta the book is tit. Anyone who wants to explore vegan food that’s genuinely amazing would be far better off buying the bosh books or avant garde vegan.
She has shown herself to be a massive hypocrite, willing to cash in in people's ethics (of which she appears to have none). Her recipes in that book are rank as well, it would probably put people off trying veganism.

Reactions: 17

I was a strict vegetarian for 16 years and my son has never eaten meat or fish, his choice. I wasn't very well on a vegetarian diet but do care about animals. I never let anyone shove my animals around and have had online abuse from a person who wanted to take some pigs a day earlier than I was happy for them to go. Husband's response? We will keep them 😀 Mollie pictured here is retired and staying with me, I love her!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.