Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She won’t cos she’s lazy but I think she would do very well if she did do supper clubs at other people’s houses. I can imagine the insta posts of Allegra/Louisa’s middle class friends having Jack cook for them and saying they had NO idea it was all canned food.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I would love to visit her restaurant, it would be hilarious. However, I think a mass Tattle meal would be easy to spot as none of us would eat anything and we would just be pissing ourselves laughing the whole time.

With regards to her dirty nails, yes when you've been gardening they do get grotty. But you're not gardening NOW Jack, in fact you're handling food. It's gross.

And just to refer back to that (what seemed to be a nice supportive comment) tweet where she replied mentioning the coven. Why on earth did she think it was us?! But carry on Jack, every time you mention us a few more people will Google out of curiosity. If you Google "Jack Monroe coven" our lovely faces all pop up to welcome new members and serve them tea.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She won’t cos she’s lazy but I think she would do very well if she did do supper clubs at other people’s houses. I can imagine the insta posts of Allegra/Louisa’s middle class friends having Jack cook for them and saying they had NO idea it was all slop
FTFY

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It won't thicken. It needs to be boiled for the chemical reaction to happen. Similar reason for not putting wine in caserole in SC. It won't boil off.
if anything it will make it more runny. Unless she keeps the lid off, which means the SC won't work properly.
She could reduce it in a pan on the hob afterwards but then why cook it in the SC in first place?
The whole point of a SC is that you keep all the juices IN the food. I can understand cooking fruit in a SC to get flavour out, but the original juice plus condensation will water it down....
It’s astonishing how clueless she is about food techniques and processes, i.e. why you cook things in a particular way. You’d think after nearly a decade as a food blogger she might have made an attempt to educate herself a bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Why would you liquidise your home made jam, one of the lovely things about it is getting nice chunks of fruit in it

Reactions: 15
That is a really good call. She can work alongside Southend's own Salvo the clown.
#nevergonnahappen.
A few years ago Salvo the clown came into where I was working. He was in his full clown gear, big shoes, red nose - the works. He was in total squeaky voice clown mode, then my colleague asked what the Salvo on his hat meant. He said in a deep, scary voice "salvation of the lord, for all you sinners" it was the creepiest thing ive ever heard.it was like a switch had flipped. I've given him a wide berth ever since!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
A few years ago Salvo the clown came into where I was working. He was in his full clown gear, big shoes, red nose - the works. He was in total squeaky voice clown mode, then my colleague asked what the Salvo on his hat meant. He said in a deep, scary voice "salvation of the lord, for all you sinners" it was the creepiest thing ive ever heard.it was like a switch had flipped. I've given him a wide berth ever since!
i can't quite get over old Salvo being discussed here on TATTLE !!! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I make the jars look good with circles of cloth cut from a tea towel, hand written labels and try to use nice shaped jars. It looks very professional even if I say so myself, one might even call them fancy!

I made membrillo once (quince jelly), but it was a lot of hard work for very little product. It was lovely though. I can see why it is so expensive to buy.
oooh, I tried making membrillo once. Didn't quite work....tasted nice though!
We used to have quince budh and i got a grand total of 3 fruits that were as hard as rocks. Had to go to the Turkish shop to buy more!
I used tonnes of sugar but not sure i was supposed to?!!! Never quite set as hard as membrillo should be but made a really nice pink jam!!!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.