Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, plastic itself isn’t inherently shameful, just wasting it is. Urgh. She’s a pain today.
When she starts early you know it's gonna be a DAY. She must've gotten up early today ie not slept in til 4pm.
I'd rather know what she had last night at the restaurant than all this bin crap. What did she get? Was it nice? As a food writer you'd think she would document nice dinners. Maybe that's too fancy

• Haha
Reactions: 28
As a food writer you'd think she would document nice dinners. Maybe that's too fancy
I've always wondered why she doesn't do this. It's all about her slop. There's never any technical talk, no reviews or anything that you would expect a proper foodie to do on their social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
to be fair, I call my cat all sorts of names. Furry little fucker etc, it's a term of endearment.
Fair enough.
I would never dream of it with my cat though, he is my prince among men, my little lion, my handsome beast.
Yes, I know.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I've always wondered why she doesn't do this. It's all about her slop. There's never any technical talk, no reviews or anything that you would expect a proper foodie to do on their social media.
Really strange. Even going back to her Edinburgh trip, we only got a pic of her drinks at Dishoom, and drink at Five Guys, where was the food? Even her perfect salad bowl at Harvester the other day, where was the pic?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
'Library-Lounge' ? Is this a crappy bungalow or a Tardis?
The library lounge is the one with the reading nook. Remember she allegedly lugged all those bookcases and chair upstairs for her reading corner? Only it wasn't upstairs, it was in the lounge🧐
The library lounge is separate from the dining-room/office/studio. Nor is it the entrance hall/Smeg/Cotswold cupboard relaxing zone.
Non of the above are the kitchen shed either.

Maybe it really is a tardis??🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
I just went down the Mumsnet AMA rabbit hole out of abject boredom, and came across this...

Perhaps I'm losing it, but didn't her mum claim at some point that JM had begged to get the birth marks removed? She's making it sound here like it was done against her will.

There are so, so, so very many versions of the same stories with Jack, no wonder it's impossible to believe anything she says.
She can't swim because of birthmarks? But...last week she couldn't swim because she's a physiological marvel who LITERALLY sinks, no? 🤯

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Really strange. Even going back to her Edinburgh trip, we only got a pic of her drinks at Dishoom, and drink at Five Guys, where was the food? Even her perfect salad bowl at Harvester the other day, where was the pic?
Yup, bizarre when you think about it.

Reactions: 2
A mum died in Glasgow this week. She was living in extreme poverty and her malnourished baby was found with her, thankfully still alive. The mum lost her job after her limited leave to remain expired (she was from Uganda) and she was no longer allowed to work. How utterly heartbreaking for her family and especially her baby :( What a waste. Although the the reason why she has died has not been discovered, it is not deemed suspicious and I have no doubt that poverty and isolation played a part. This was a woman of colour living alone, a true single mum not eligible for state support and completely reliant on charity and volunteer initiatives. Where is Jackie when things like this happen? This ought to be 'up in her niche'. She should be taking a leaf out of Marcus Rashford's book and using her brief possibly genuine poverty experience to speak up for those who truly slip through the net and campaign for a better approach and handling of such cases. She should also follow through on her pledge to hand her platform over to women of colour who will understand so much better why migrants and refugees are deliberately neglected and are at risk of real poverty in the UK. It should not happen in the UK this day and age and Jack ought to be shouting it from the rooftops.
I read about it today. So heartbreaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
How the floof do you not have time to wash clothes? I don't get it,you stick them in wash a machine that washesthem. The at some point get them out and dry them. It's not bleeping 1800 where you have to physically wash them out by hand and get the mangle. I'm am sorry but no matter how busy I am I can always wash and dry clothes. To me that just laziness.
The thing is, she has now and did then a washing machine. When I got mine, I couldn’t believe my luck. It came with my husband. Before that, I used to wash in the bath. Put it in after me (to save on electricity for heating water and soap) and then walk up and down it. Squish it and then squeeze as much as I could. In the morning wring it and dry where I could. The launderette was too expensive.
It’s a throwaway comment. No time to wash clothes.
YOU don’t, the machine does.
No ruddy idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She can't swim because of birthmarks? But...last week she couldn't swim because she's a physiological marvel who LITERALLY sinks, no? 🤯
She couldn't swim THEN because of her birthmarks. She can't swim NOW because she sinks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.