Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also you donā€™t have a precise window of being able to learn to swim when youā€™re school age!
JM's idea for new tv shows...
Wash your beans whilst you backstroke. Follow Jack's adventures in learning to swim and appreciating high protein canned goods. Sponsored by Heinz and Speedo.
ap.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
How the floof do you not have time to wash clothes? I don't get it,you stick them in wash a machine that washesthem. The at some point get them out and dry them. It's not bleeping 1800 where you have to physically wash them out by hand and get the mangle. I'm am sorry but no matter how busy I am I can always wash and dry clothes. To me that just laziness.
If photo shoots are that hectic for her she's doing it all wrong! We always manage to either have either a picnic at the beach or have a massive music video night with lots of nice, edible food and wine with our photographer. No need for multiples of clothes, utensils or indeed bins šŸ˜€

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We need a list of all of jackā€™s partridge moments. My personal highlight is when she dismantled the coffee press in Edinburgh.

1598460505350.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Also you donā€™t have a precise window of being able to learn to swim when youā€™re school age!
My sister was terrified of water as a child. When she had kids they loved swimming but she always made excuses not to go with her husband and kids to the baths. They knew she couldn't swim and teased her relentlessly.

Unbeknownst to them she had lessons, as a gift to herself for her 40th. The kids had arranged to go to the baths on a Saturday, she made the usual excuse of needing to go shopping. Imagine their surprise when they got in the baths to see her swimming away like a good un.

If R Jackie wanted to, she could have lessons, no one is too old to learn a new skill. She could actually meet people and have some fun at the same time. Or be radical and go along with her son for a splash about.

Instead of exercising on her own with a rower and weights, why not join some classes where she could meet people. Body combat clases, boxercise, circuit training. It's not all bums and tums mumsie classes (not that there is anything wrong with those, it just wouldn't fit with her non binary persona. Though she has been know to be mumsie at times, remember the I want to see the manager haircut?)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The most relentlessly negative person in the UK has the nerve to retweet this. Wow.
Can just imagine her reading and rereading this tweet tonight in bed, repeating the words like a mantra: ā€œmy positive energy is a gift. My positive energy is a GIFT..ā€œ

• Haha
Reactions: 21
When she starts early you know it's gonna be a DAY. She must've gotten up early today ie not slept in til 4pm.
I'd rather know what she had last night at the restaurant than all this bin crap. What did she get? Was it nice? As a food writer you'd think she would document nice dinners. Maybe that's too fancy
She sounds frustrated ,rattling on about bins .What didn't she get last night šŸ¤­

• Haha
Reactions: 10
yes, i seem to remember she said it was at a wedding (or at least a family event) and she was very proud of hitting him.
Basically she was whinging on about how tit her life is because she's soooooo poooor and he told her to stop whining and do something about it.
So she twatted him.
Not doubting her telling of this story but also seem to remember another version, something about him questioning her ability to do something (tit, really canā€™t remember the details) but know it was different! Anyway, she beat him up and used the line ā€œI donā€™t think a man being beaten up by his sister goes down too well in the armyā€.. or something like that...

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
His bedroom can't be that gruesome - he's hardly ever there.
Plus perhaps if she helped him clean it instead of giving him the recycling to out his rubbish in instead of an actual bin, it would be so bad. Kids version of tidy and adults is very different. My boys just pile everything in the corner, I actually out stuff away.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.