Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Piping up to say.... she’s lying 🤥
I don’t believe for one minute that happened. Apart from anything else, her calling and reporting wouldn’t have been the end of her evening. She would have had to physically see a police officer to submit her evidence (phone recording), you don’t just get that done in ten minutes. She would have had to make a written statement, too. If it was a minor being attacked, what with all the county lines tit etc there’s no way she’d have just, what? Popped them an email with the video attached? No. Doesn’t work like that.
What a bullshitter she is. She makes me sick.
Im with you here @PoorPatrol. About two and a half weeks ago I was in a car accident. A car came out of a side road into my path and they legged it, I was trapped under the airbag with two broken ribs. They were unlicensed, uninsured, stolen car, no tax blah blah.

The little bastards legged it, three of them while I was trapped. Anyway, when it happened the police came immediately and I couldn’t leave in the ambulance until I’d given a statement and the police had recorded the scene. If what Jack says happened had happened she would’ve had the police at the next station and the whole journey would have stopped while the police sorted everything out.

As usual...

8880FD19-5EBF-4DDC-9894-7489ABE89955.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I wonder if she spends a lot of her 22 hour working day / 600 hour working week watching series (maybe even... the wire) hence these weird americanisms? Who tf calls kids or teens minors?
When it snowed a few years back the Tesco's near me ran out fresh milk so I ended up buying a couple of the uth milk from the shelf. It wasn't great but it did for the boys for their morning cups of milk and a few cuppas for myself and my husband. I formula fed both my children and formula is gross, I would have just learned to drink black teas until I could have afforded some milk. Isn't it like 50p a pint. I am sure during all those weeks of poverty she would have had 50p to get herself some milk, Also my old neighbour puts condensed milk in her tea when she's run out. I am not a fan personally but it does make a cup of tea, just really creamy
Watching the video I think she was suggesting she was relying on it as a food source, like for sustenance? This isn’t me shitting on formula at all but my midwives told me babies tend to rinse through it just as it doesn’t really have much substance, it doesn’t have the fatty bits breast milk has so they need more of it. So duck knows how much a grown woman would have to drink to make it worthwhile?!

The other thing that perplexes me is, aren’t food bank visits capped to 3 a year? She sure has a lot of stories from those 3 visits doesn’t she.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I wonder if she spends a lot of her 22 hour working day / 600 hour working week watching series (maybe even... the wire) hence these weird americanisms? Who tf calls kids or teens minors?

Watching the video I think she was suggesting she was relying on it as a food source, like for sustenance? This isn’t me shitting on formula at all but my midwives told me babies tend to rinse through it just as it doesn’t really have much substance, it doesn’t have the fatty bits breast milk has so they need more of it. So duck knows how much a grown woman would have to drink to make it worthwhile?!

The other thing that perplexes me is, aren’t food bank visits capped to 3 a year? She sure has a lot of stories from those 3 visits doesn’t she.
You can access them beyond that if its deemed necessary, and I think it varies but ours can be used 3 times in 6 months

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Perhaps
Im with you here @PoorPatrol. About two and a half weeks ago I was in a car accident. A car came out of a side road into my path and they legged it, I was trapped under the airbag with two broken ribs. They were unlicensed, uninsured, stolen car, no tax blah blah.

The little bastards legged it, three of them while I was trapped. Anyway, when it happened the police came immediately and I couldn’t leave in the ambulance until I’d given a statement and the police had recorded the scene. If what Jack says happened had happened she would’ve had the police at the next station and the whole journey would have stopped while the police sorted everything out.

As usual...

View attachment 223677
Perhaps she only had one of the meals and actually left for home at like 8 pm and was only getting in a 1am after sorting it all... Perhaps, maybe.... Who knows?

Reactions: 3
I just went down the Mumsnet AMA rabbit hole out of abject boredom, and came across this...

Perhaps I'm losing it, but didn't her mum claim at some point that JM had begged to get the birth marks removed? She's making it sound here like it was done against her will.

There are so, so, so very many versions of the same stories with Jack, no wonder it's impossible to believe anything she says.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Just popping in to say that anyone who will bring vegan doughnuts can join @LennyBriscoe and my taskforce. Kitchen disco attendance optional (but strongly encouraged). If you bring a Tiggy and Bo bag, you'll get sacked immediate. @Pocahontas will sort out payments for all of you. X

You’re a maverick triangulation savant, @Veronicaaa — Briscoe and Bosch better let you join their squad. All reports must go to @Quincy M.E (retired) too. What.a. team

I know there’s a Columbo somewhere on tattle, but maybe not this thread? Praying for a Van der Valk too 🙏 Cagney and/or Lacey would also be welcome!

ETA- ooh when I lived in “Europe” some years ago we had a German TV import called Commissar Rex or something — from my limited grasp of local language, it seemed to be about a German Shepherd that solved the crimes (this was prime time, not a kids TV thing 🙄) — kind of like Wallander’s Jussi, but with more lines... Can you even imagine the dream team?!?
Komissar Rex is legendary. The plot develops so slowly that it's safe to take a nap, prep dinner, call your best mate, and have a piss and a sandwich, and you still won't have missed anything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32

Gosh, I don't think baby milk is they way forward Poundland does slimfast stuff surely that would be better. I have never tried it so who knows.

Her poverty stories are really quite shocking, I have never known anyone to struggle as much as her for food. I mean yeah sure having very little money but I can literally make something out of nothing. Why couldnt she have just made some toast, it's not very exciting but it's something until she finds something else.
It really perplexes me, because I have been skint but have always been able to buy the staples, bread, milk and butter.

Reactions: 10
I just went down the Mumsnet AMA rabbit hole out of abject boredom, and came across this...

Perhaps I'm losing it, but didn't her mum claim at some point that JM had begged to get the birth marks removed? She's making it sound here like it was done against her will.

There are so, so, so very many versions of the same stories with Jack, no wonder it's impossible to believe anything she says.
Jack's mum on the birthmark. Lifted from thread #14:

03CAB25D-B9CA-4DCF-9FF0-B863D0EBA132.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 42

Formula is made of cows milk and is extremely tightly regulated so not sure why it wouldn't be high fat. My 90th percentile daughter did go through a lot of it once her feeding patterns were established but we also ended up chucking a lot down the sink in those early days and weeks! Was glad to switch to whole milk when she turned one, although I'm sure she missed the sweetness 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Wish I knew what caused the blocking...I've not even opened Twitter for a week. Oh well, much more fun seeing JMs antics on here anyway.
You don’t have to do much to be blocked by our Jackie. She’d block you for suggesting that her farts didn’t have a beautiful floral fragrance. Anybody who liked that would also be blocked for good measure and you’d have sycophants on you within a minute telling you that Jackie’s farts actually smell like sweet ambrosia & you’re the devil incarnate for suggesting otherwise.

I’d imagine you liked something yonks ago and she spent her ‘Twitter break’ (which feels oh so long ago) blocking anybody who had ever so much as frowned at her (or whatever the twitter equivalent is). I was blocked for politely disagreeing with her quite some time ago but thanks to the wonderful archiving of @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins I have suffered no ill effects. She’s a complete idiot though (I know you’ll all be surprised to learn that) because, let’s be honest, blocking people left right and centre is only going to lead them to the cabal of haus fraus when they google her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Back on the mega grunka, in the BOT debarkle, my head is spinning trying to workout her con on the donations things. Can anybody explain it? 🤪

Stuff like this depresses me so much. It seems her family did what they could for Jack and she just insists on making it sound as if she was mistreated every step of the way. I could be wrong, and families are complex, but why change the narrative?
Changing (twisting) the narrative is what she does

• Sad
Reactions: 6
A mum died in Glasgow this week. She was living in extreme poverty and her malnourished baby was found with her, thankfully still alive. The mum lost her job after her limited leave to remain expired (she was from Uganda) and she was no longer allowed to work. How utterly heartbreaking for her family and especially her baby :( What a waste. Although the the reason why she has died has not been discovered, it is not deemed suspicious and I have no doubt that poverty and isolation played a part. This was a woman of colour living alone, a true single mum not eligible for state support and completely reliant on charity and volunteer initiatives. Where is Jackie when things like this happen? This ought to be 'up in her niche'. She should be taking a leaf out of Marcus Rashford's book and using her brief possibly genuine poverty experience to speak up for those who truly slip through the net and campaign for a better approach and handling of such cases. She should also follow through on her pledge to hand her platform over to women of colour who will understand so much better why migrants and refugees are deliberately neglected and are at risk of real poverty in the UK. It should not happen in the UK this day and age and Jack ought to be shouting it from the rooftops.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.