Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had some days off, missed most of the last thread and no time to Grunka so just read opening page here and wondered what the "dressing up for dinner was" and thought I'd see if it was on Twitter. Lo and behold....blocked. Actually don't know why! I'll need the Fraus for all my info now!
I got blocked for liking an lner tweet when she sat in the wrong seat coming back from when she lived in Edinburgh

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I went on amazon to look at today's deals, this is a deal of the day. Did Jack model for this? It's very 'inspired'🤔
3BE0A674-6C71-4803-8A6D-C4CE39E19000.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 43
A mum died in Glasgow this week. She was living in extreme poverty and her malnourished baby was found with her, thankfully still alive. The mum lost her job after her limited leave to remain expired (she was from Uganda) and she was no longer allowed to work. How utterly heartbreaking for her family and especially her baby :( What a waste. Although the the reason why she has died has not been discovered, it is not deemed suspicious and I have no doubt that poverty and isolation played a part. This was a woman of colour living alone, a true single mum not eligible for state support and completely reliant on charity and volunteer initiatives. Where is Jackie when things like this happen? This ought to be 'up in her niche'. She should be taking a leaf out of Marcus Rashford's book and using her brief possibly genuine poverty experience to speak up for those who truly slip through the net and campaign for a better approach and handling of such cases. She should also follow through on her pledge to hand her platform over to women of colour who will understand so much better why migrants and refugees are deliberately neglected and are at risk of real poverty in the UK. It should not happen in the UK this day and age and Jack ought to be shouting it from the rooftops.
It’s so sad. I saw it reported yesterday and was genuinely surprised when I opened up tattle to find Jackie hadn’t said a single dot about it. I know not everyone hears all news but this is something in her area that has trended on twitter so it’s unlikely she didn’t see it.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Perhaps she only had one of the meals and actually left for home at like 8 pm and was only getting in a 1am after sorting it all... Perhaps, maybe.... Who knows?

Can't rule out her being stood up if the date follows her on Twitter, saw the naff outfit, then decided to stay at home with a Biscoff & Marmite sandwich.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I just went down the Mumsnet AMA rabbit hole out of abject boredom, and came across this...

Perhaps I'm losing it, but didn't her mum claim at some point that JM had begged to get the birth marks removed? She's making it sound here like it was done against her will.

There are so, so, so very many versions of the same stories with Jack, no wonder it's impossible to believe anything she says.
Wow.. just wow. What a twit she is.

Reactions: 10
A mum died in Glasgow this week. She was living in extreme poverty and her malnourished baby was found with her, thankfully still alive. The mum lost her job after her limited leave to remain expired (she was from Uganda) and she was no longer allowed to work. How utterly heartbreaking for her family and especially her baby :( What a waste. Although the the reason why she has died has not been discovered, it is not deemed suspicious and I have no doubt that poverty and isolation played a part. This was a woman of colour living alone, a true single mum not eligible for state support and completely reliant on charity and volunteer initiatives. Where is Jackie when things like this happen? This ought to be 'up in her niche'. She should be taking a leaf out of Marcus Rashford's book and using her brief possibly genuine poverty experience to speak up for those who truly slip through the net and campaign for a better approach and handling of such cases. She should also follow through on her pledge to hand her platform over to women of colour who will understand so much better why migrants and refugees are deliberately neglected and are at risk of real poverty in the UK. It should not happen in the UK this day and age and Jack ought to be shouting it from the rooftops.
I read about this lady this morning. Heartbreaking and avoidable if people/govt gave a duck 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I also thought of Jack when I saw that story. I started following her because I thought she was an advocate for those who truly have no voice, but sadly I don’t think she could care less about people in real poverty - she relates everything back to herself as an attention-grab, not using her platform to genuinely help others.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
trash cans. Another Americanism.

I am also shocked she hasn’t brought up the mum from Glasgow who died in poverty this week. She is so narcissistic she would rather talk about her bleeping bins than direct sympathy towards someone other than herself. I was also shocked to see she doesn’t follow Fareshare, they are a huge organisation who work with basically all of the food charities in the country!

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Re train assault on minor
There was a 12 year old boy stabbed in Pitsea the other day. Her story seems very coincidental.
Can’t believe she’s not bothered to say anything about that poor mother who died. It’s right up her street, since she nearly starved eh.
About her failing Grammar school. She failed. The school certainly did not fail her. Due to circumstances, I worked in a shop through my gcse years. I scraped just enough to go to 6th form & do alevels. I failed my a levels as I had to work more hours to make ands meet at home. This was because we had no money. My mother was tit with money anyway so I had to earn to feed my siblings. I really do not feel sorry for her failing school. She had no bleeping excuse. She just couldn’t be bothered to learn. Probably because she thought she knew it all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Is that okay with you? (deleted)

View attachment 223800
God she’s so unrelentingly rude!! Her reluctance to empty the bleeping bin has nothing to do with filming. What a head. If an actual physical director had been in her kitchen for DKL rather than sobbing in despair in central London they would have asked her to empty the rancid overflowing one in the first place, not insisted on having an identical one every day.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.