Jack Monroe #64 One hand refreshing Twitter, and the other one playing the piano

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And why does this tit always, always happen to Mackie? If ever there’s a story, big event or serious incident happening in the Southend area then plucky Mackie is there to report or intervene. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was some kids getting carried away and that Monroe has exaggerated it beyond recognition..
And just to make it clear. It could well have been a genuine incident but that there is scepticism as to its veracity is more a doubt about the witness based on her previous form for dishonesty, than it is about the actual incident.

Reactions: 19
And why does this tit always, always happen to Mackie? If ever there’s a story, big event or serious incident happening in the Southend area then plucky Mackie is there to report or intervene. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was some kids getting carried away and that Monroe has exaggerated it beyond recognition..
It could herald the dawn of a new style of policing and reporting: just follow Mackie around and always be on the scene exactly when and where needed! She could be a very valuable tool indeed

Why does she feel the need to tell people she doesn't know every detail of her tedious life. She will soon be tweeting each time she has a sh*t. No doubt it will be a bigger sh*t than anyone else has ever experienced.
It'll be a severe tit

• Haha
Reactions: 20
"Hello, police? This is Jack Monroe here. Food writer, activist, poet, TV presenter, occasional singer, voice of the working classes, mothe - oh tit, they've got away."
The last train from London back to Southend are notorious for being a bit "lively" They are known as the drunk train. All southenders know this! The friday/Saturday ones are the worst. It's a mix of stag/hen/football fans/office night out. Very loud, lots of singing/sick! Usually a few scuffles.

Reactions: 16
By posting about this on Twitter, everyone else on the train (including the miscreants) will now know who it was that shopped the incident to the police. They will know what JM looks like. They only have to look for a 'crappy' bungalow in Southend, and then, Bingo, they can find the great sleuth herself. The next thing we know, she will be tweeting from Accident and Emergency.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm surprised she even bothered with the train. She should've just spun her big hat round like a helicoptor and got home that way.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
S4 of The Wire was my favourite. The kids' storyline was just gutting. I've actually started watching it again from the beginning and it's as good as ever!

On topic - from the previous thread, there was a video with Jack talking about having to drink formula when she was poor and using a foodbank (link to post- don't know how to quote previous threads!) Just shows how clueless she is about the reality of long-term poverty. Formula is expensive especially compared to long-life UHT milk and the only recommended substitute for BFing in a baby's first 6 months, meaning many parents have no choice but to buy it. I once saw a TV documentary discussing how some mums were so desperately poor they had to water it down :( If Jack was finding herself in a position where she had to drink formula she'd be better off swapping it for UHT!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Piping up to say.... she’s lying 🤥
I don’t believe for one minute that happened. Apart from anything else, her calling and reporting wouldn’t have been the end of her evening. She would have had to physically see a police officer to submit her evidence (phone recording), you don’t just get that done in ten minutes. She would have had to make a written statement, too. If it was a minor being attacked, what with all the county lines tit etc there’s no way she’d have just, what? Popped them an email with the video attached? No. Doesn’t work like that.
What a bullshitter she is. She makes me sick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ahhh I could exchange Wire quotes all day.
Favourite series?
I can't pick a fav. They are all so good and there's bits in each one that get to me more and more each time I watch it.
That being said, S4, when Stringer meets his maker... ooooft.
stringer.jpg

Just thinking, is there a specific thread for The Wire? lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
S4 of The Wire was my favourite. The kids' storyline was just gutting. I've actually started watching it again from the beginning and it's as good as ever!

On topic - from the previous thread, there was a video with Jack talking about having to drink formula when she was poor and using a foodbank (link to post- don't know how to quote previous threads!) Just shows how clueless she is about the reality of long-term poverty. Formula is expensive especially compared to long-life UHT milk and the only recommended substitute for BFing in a baby's first 6 months, meaning many parents have no choice but to buy it. I once saw a TV documentary discussing how some mums were so desperately poor they had to water it down :( If Jack was finding herself in a position where she had to drink formula she'd be better off swapping it for UHT!
When it snowed a few years back the Tesco's near me ran out fresh milk so I ended up buying a couple of the uth milk from the shelf. It wasn't great but it did for the boys for their morning cups of milk and a few cuppas for myself and my husband. I formula fed both my children and formula is gross, I would have just learned to drink black teas until I could have afforded some milk. Isn't it like 50p a pint. I am sure during all those weeks of poverty she would have had 50p to get herself some milk, Also my old neighbour puts condensed milk in her tea when she's run out. I am not a fan personally but it does make a cup of tea, just really creamy

Reactions: 12
Why does she feel the need to tell people she doesn't know every detail of her tedious life. She will soon be tweeting each time she has a sh*t. No doubt it will be a bigger sh*t than anyone else has ever experienced.
Closely followed by "What's everyone's favourite brand of toilet paper? I'm quite partial to blah blah blah"

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Fraus I’m really proud you’ve been living your most authentic selves online and the algorithm just gets you

DFD90CCE-B868-4DA6-95F9-44E5B72E198B.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I can't pick a fav. They are all so good and there's bits in each one that get to me more and more each time I watch it.
That being said, S4, when Stringer meets his maker... ooooft.
View attachment 223638

Just thinking, is there a specific thread for The Wire? lol
Don’t want to be a know-it-all but
That was at the end of series 3. I loved Stringer (and Omar) so that was a big moment for me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@SoulRebel Just saw your post in the other thread. I didn't see any more tweets after the train ones, and everything up to 2.02am is still visible on my twitter. I have nothing after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.