Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
We
You’re right - many good bloggers take pictures of restaurant meals or meals they’ve had at someone’s house or even takeaways. I think Jack doesn’t do this because (1) she’s not actually interested in food, and (2) she hates to give credit to anyone else - she pretty much never does it.
Their food probably looks edible. 🤣🤣🤣

We

If it ain't sloppy she aint happy.

We

If it ain't sloppy she aint happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
How long has it been since she has actually worked? (Using that term in a very loose sense..) how long ago was Edinburgh?

• Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
Don't forget when she got trapped in a train with the lights turned out and had to rage tweet an innocent employee.
I also think she be better getting the bus. Her route seems like a dodgy one. I have gotten the late train a few times and I only ever witness people getting a bit too amorous whilst a little bit tipsy or drunk people talking absolute shite.

I am normally coming back from traveling I don't tend to use the train for nights out.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Oh yes I'm actually glad she hasn't said anything because my rage levels can't handle it. Probably will include a reference to 'more bread and jam please mummy' :rolleyes:

I just googled Jack Monroe Daniel Blake and found this...HOW long has she been writing this poverty book?! So people will have taken the time to share their painful testimonies and she never even bothered finishing it.

View attachment 224597
It’s on her list! After the piss and the sandwich etc etc

• Haha

IndigoStar

Chatty Member
Ahhh I could exchange Wire quotes all day.
Favourite series?
I can't pick a fav. They are all so good and there's bits in each one that get to me more and more each time I watch it.
That being said, S4, when Stringer meets his maker... ooooft.
stringer.jpg

Just thinking, is there a specific thread for The Wire? lol

• Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
That business card has me HOOTING 😂

It’s a misaligned picture of a heavily tattooed hand holding a posy of flowers. She’s sending things like she’s a little Etsy shop yet didn’t even send a packet of Haribo with the order. And the AUTOGRAPH. Who does she actually think she is?

Saying that I’d pay good money for Celery, Edinburgh.
I have a photograph and autograph from both the cheeky girls.( My dad got me it) I don't think it's worth much if I were to sell it on, perhaps this person will have more luck.

View attachment 224485View attachment 224486
Oh I dunno, I can think of better things to get in the post!
Looks like she spilt ink on that business card at the printers.

View attachment 224485View attachment 224486
Oh I dunno, I can think of better things to get in the post!
Looks like she spilt ink on that business card at the printers.

• Haha

Oofadoofa

VIP Member
https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-blake-millions-like-me-jack-monroe-ken-loach

Jack went to the press screening... more strangers and more floral Jack writing.
"The woman beside me, a stranger, squeezed my forearm as I choked on guttural, involuntary sobs. I’m sorry, I whispered, sloping out to punch a wall in the corridor and cry into the blinding, unaware streets of west London. I looked mad. I am mad. " Ugh

" I, Daniel Blake is not quite my life story. But yet, it is. I turned down the movie rights for my rags-to-book deal story in 2014, because I’m the lucky one. I felt the Hollywood treatment for “poor girl has hard time then it all gets better” would be an insult to the millions who don’t get to write about it in the Guardian afterwards. Don’t tell me to check my privilege, I know it. I found a job as a local journalist through sitting at council meetings and waiting for a vacancy to come up, after applying for hundreds of others. The rest is history – and 90-hour working weeks to stay afloat. I am currently writing this at 4am, having started work at 7. Five years after falling down the benefits rabbit hole, I’ve almost repaid the bank charges and court orders from that energy bill and others besides. "
She is such a twat!

Reactions: 7