Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
She's gone all quiet again. Do you think she is like Gollum/Smeagol and argues with herself on whether to post on twitter or not?
'Stupid fat Tattlers wants to ruin it for us, critiquing our slop'. I wonder if it's the Cotswold furniture or her Emin that is her precious.
Patreon

Reactions: 9

JoyceDivision

Chatty Member
Yay!!
I am now embarking on my career as a brain surgeon for exactly the same reasons!

I've mentioned before about how joyful she with food. I love Allegra! She made a programme ages ago (I've forgotten the name!!!) teaching time poor families to cook.
It was her and another chef (again, can't remember who, sorry Cabal!) trying to get these people to cook for themselves and fall in love with eating again.
The one thing that sticks in my mind is the absolute joy Allegra had when one family made stock out of a roast chicken carcass. She was nearly in tears.
Economy Gastronomy? I found the accompanying book in a charity shop and it’s fab!

She really is such a joy 😍 and is joyful about food...the complete opposite to Mackie 🙃

Reactions: 8

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I’m so confused, why is she not using her kitchen? Did she blow it up?🤯.

We have the death trap of the camping stove in the shed, now we have a camping stove in the dining room. wots going on? 🤪

....I know I have found my people when I see avatars like Ziggy the EDF energy "thing", and Dawn Wiener from Welcome to the Dollhouse...
👋

• Haha
  • Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
I honestly have a deeply personal and long-held hatred for TS Eliot, the absolute wanker #veronicaspoetrycritique
Yup.

Is it a sign of a dirty mind that my favourite poem is Donne's To My Mistress On Going To Bed? It's the one that has Licence my roving hands and let them go.... I think my second favourite is Dylan Thomas's A Refusal to Mourn the Death. That's not including most of Stevenson's A Child's Garden of Verse which I read and reread as a child till I knew most by heart.

• Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
People are being very critical of her tonight or is it just me? Arm chat, TV chat. I. Hope she gets some TV training.

Uberrima fides

Oh yes I'm actually glad she hasn't said anything because my rage levels can't handle it. Probably will include a reference to 'more bread and jam please mummy' :rolleyes:

I just googled Jack Monroe Daniel Blake and found this...HOW long has she been writing this poverty book?! So people will have taken the time to share their painful testimonies and she never even bothered finishing it.

View attachment 224597
Where do the book profits go? JM?

Well, I've got a defective tabby wee furry git and a small ginger sheep that's very pretty, but thick as a barn door.

They're both utter knobs in their own way. As the fancy picnic hamper (£2 in a charity shop c.2002) that is used as an observation post/manicure bar (when the fluffy one isn't dispensing summary justice from the kitchen chair and therefore protecting the table leg from looking like a beaver has got to it) can testify. Particularly when I vacuum up the shredded bits every time I do the upstairs.

Remember - ACAB. All Cats Are Bastards.

Some are just better at hiding their sociopathy when it's the person who opens the tins.
I love 🙀 and at one time had 5. Each had their own personality. Amazing animals x

• Heart