Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20200825-192236_Twitter.jpg
I still reckon that these are bags for people with babies, hence all the pockets?

Reactions: 7
Cat...tick, cotswold furniture...tick. Looks like a middle aged man having a crisis..........tick.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
In the least vicious way possible, what's that hat like. Who wears a hat like that to dinner. I'm positively hooting 😆

Also just wondering how shes got the ability to travel 40 miles for two dinner dates but can never go for a run because she has a 10 year old (???)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I think as well, the middle class tend to make more of a song and dance about it. The upper class know their position in their world and they're secure in it, while the middle class (obviously not all of them, just the general "type" we're talking about) are more insecure and more desperate to show everyone "look! Look at me! I am doing well for myself!" So it's the middle class who say things like "oh darling you know I only buy designer, I wouldn't dream of having anything other than a Smeg", who change their accents to sound "posh" and who try and show off their wealth more to prove they have it. In my (limited) experience the upper class don't feel the need to do this
The thing is, as well, there are sliding scales within the three basic classes.

The upper class goes from dukes to baronets with history influencing it too; at the top among the dukes, you have the ancient Norfolks against the hugely rich but more recent Grosvenors, and you have all the Edwardian up-from-trade ones too. A lot of them would have considered Diana posher than Charles... The working class goes from the skilled trades, through respectable but manual/retail workers, until you get down to the almost feral underclass, Shameless style. The middle class has all those gradations too, from the likes of Cameron and Johnson to police/nurses/firefighters/etc.

Money has nothing to do with it. When I was in the reserves I knew someone who had a title but no money other than what he earned as a local government officer; he's now an earl but not really any more wealthy, all the family holdings having been handed over to the National Trust, and lives in a bog standard house. As you said, the middle class are the least secure and always trying to hustle their way up but it's less to do with money than attitude, habits, behaviour, standards, etc. All the things that Jack and her family own don't make a difference until they start sending their children to public schools to mix with the Johnsons et al (and don't forget that Osborne only went to St Paul's among that crowd), take on the often shabby trappings of the upper middle or get given a hereditary title. She's simply not in the same crowd as the upper middle Lawsons nor has she the ability to mix with the more successful arty and showbiz Groucho/Soho House crowd.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In the least vicious way possible, what's that hat like. Who wears a hat like that to dinner. I'm positively hooting 😆
I wanted one of those hats in the mid 80s, I was a huge fan of the pet shop boys. Really they should have been left to that era.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I wanted one of those hats in the mid 80s, I was a huge fan of the pet shop boys. Really they should have been left to that era.
Just wait, we will hear about how JM has been their most severe fan for decades, and how she got their CD free in a cereal box.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just wait, we will hear about how JM has been their most severe fan for decades, and how she got their CD free in a cereal box.
Maybe Jack has done a Grunka and is trying to aim us towards reminiscing about 80s style again. Can see Jack has beaten us all to it though.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
That’s not a date outfit. Never in a million squillion Jack years.
It’s going out for posh burgers with a couple of mates. Jack style.
The cat is adorable ❤

Reactions: 16
FWIW Jack has said it wasn’t Allegra that said this: she also defended Allegra, saying that she was nothing less than incredibly supportive of her being/coming out as TG x
She said at the time that allegra said that, and thats why they broke up. And at thst point I believed everything that she said. Oh foolish, stupid me

Reactions: 4
“Right, shoes on, hat on, bag -check, keys and wallet - check and check. Now, I’ll just set up the tripod and timer, find the best angle, get the cat and take an album of selfies then post a few of them immediately on twitter, *check*...
I honestly do wonder where is is going I though most places above fast food expected some sort of dress, especially in people that are not sulky teens. Is she Benjamin button and aging down instead of up?
That’s not a date outfit. Never in a million squillion Jack years.
It’s going out for posh burgers with a couple of mates. Jack style.
The cat is adorable ❤
I hope so, because otherwise her poor poor date. She's going out with a woman-child.

Reactions: 10
“Right, shoes on, hat on, bag -check, keys and wallet - check and check. Now, I’ll just set up the tripod and timer, find the best angle, get the cat and take an album of selfies then post a few of them immediately on twitter, *check*...
The cat does not look amused. Can almost hear him muttering 'Oh, not this, again.'.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I know I've said it before, but can we, as a cabal, please rescue the cat. He is lovely

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So it turns out it’s not her 'friend' who monitors tattle for her it's her lawyer 👋 and as soon as they can be bothered we are toast 🍞

outfits ready ladies 😁
Bring it on, can I wear a hat?

The trouble with taking us to court is that as far as I can see nothing we have said is untrue (and we have evidence) , and if she was called to give evidence she would prove a very shonky witness, and the defence would pull her 'stories' apart

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.