Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what happened? Eamonns cousin kick off?Gone now? Baffling!
Probs gone to get a ham out of the freezer.
A) nothing there which couldn’t be found with a cursory google of Eamonn Holmes
B) completely unnecessary and disgusting to bring up the tragedy involving that young boy
C) nobody, and I mean nobody, refers to UTV as “Ulster Television”

ETA:<insert “the drama mick, I just love it” gif>

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Must
B) completely unnecessary and disgusting to bring up the tragedy involving that young boy

Ooh thought I caught the drama - guess I must have missed some.

Reactions: 13
Trying to catch up this morning and kept thinking I'd clicked on an Eamonn Holmes thread by mistake!
FYI I'm neither related to Jack Monroe or Eamonn Holmes, nor do I know either of them......just in case no-one was wondering!

Now I'm wondering if I should triangulate Eamonn Holme's hammock?! 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Goodness, we took a bit of a "thread #31" turn last night, didn't we? Some very amusing shade, though, I salute the funny fraus for soldiering on in the face of utter humourlessness in return.
I fell asleep because she was dead boring. Will make sure Vlad docks my pay accordingly so he can transfer it to a more reliable Frau.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Of all the forms that a weird troll could have taken, that was a particularly dreary one. Couldn't they have thought of something a bit sexier and more exciting than Eamonn Holmes and Michael Gove?

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Of all the forms that a weird troll could have taken, that was a particularly dreary one. Couldn't they have thought of something a bit sexier and more exciting than Eamonn Holmes and Michael Gove?
I dunno, there’s something about Eamonn 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Now looks like Guardian have “cancelled” her
I think Labour, and by extension the Guardian, have ignored her since around 2015 when she left Labour and joined other political parties. Jack said she went to the Labour conference in a baseball cap and people starting abusing her and shouting vitriol, that she was a traitor. One thing about Labour is that they are 100% tribal - so if Jack left them, then they would have immediately "cancelled" her.

She "moves in circles of cookery and politics" - but the political world won't have anything to do with her, and her "cookery" career is over. That's why she has no work and nothing in her life now.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Yeah - it would have been SO much better if it were Michael Fassbender who was the cousin.

Yes, she did touch his chest and they both felt palpable tension, but eventually she said to my cousin, ‘I like girls, babe.’

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Haha it was all indeed a bit "thread 31", I had my suspicions we'd been infiltrated by someone bored and out of work.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
There had been weird stuff for days before though, like she knew a LOT about their family which was bizarre. Has it all been deleted / blocked? It’s a shame she was only hours off of posting Jack’s mum’s nectar card number the level of detail we were getting 😂

Maybe Jackie is just really bleeping bored and wants to come back into the fold

• Haha
Reactions: 44

After declaring themselves a left footer I too found it odd that they called it ulster television, but I guess it’s not completely out of the realms of possibility.
It was all a bit strange I thought maybe they were drunk.
I too was reading in pretty much real time but seem to have missed stuff that must have been deleted!

Reactions: 27
Technically, by the old social scale, Cameron would be considered upper middle while his missus is upper class, being born to titled parents and having a family seat! Upper middle class, like Cameron and Johnson, does tend to be a bit more exaggerated; have a listen to recordings of upper class Diana Spencer and compare. Upper middle and above does public school, lower middle does private or grammar if they can afford it, the middle middle do public or private depending on funds, and the rest of us muddle along with state!

The posher you are, the less you buy things like furniture (or even clothes) as you inherit it. Millionaire Heseltine was damned at the posher end of the Tory Party as 'the sort of man who had to buy his own furniture' so all Jack's Shack contents don't give her any more social standing. When I was growing up, the local posho, an earl, wore paint stained overalls as he DIYed the family castle restoration....
I think as well, the middle class tend to make more of a song and dance about it. The upper class know their position in their world and they're secure in it, while the middle class (obviously not all of them, just the general "type" we're talking about) are more insecure and more desperate to show everyone "look! Look at me! I am doing well for myself!" So it's the middle class who say things like "oh darling you know I only buy designer, I wouldn't dream of having anything other than a Smeg", who change their accents to sound "posh" and who try and show off their wealth more to prove they have it. In my (limited) experience the upper class don't feel the need to do this

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Although I think it would be physically impossible for Jack to type that she was "lower middle class", even under an alias. It must go against absolutely everything she stands for.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.