Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys. Just a quick heads up. Some of you may not know, some may have forgotten, but please remember, regardless of what you can see, read or hear with your very own eyes and ears, dear Jackie is always right.

She hates exercise, never exercises, but has abs from sleeping 22 hours a day, whilst working 20 hours a day. She is able to do this because she's the happiest she's ever been whilst being in the darkest pit of hell, living sober on a chemical rollercoaster. Her son and her are hooting and fizzing with delight as he's always with her, in the landlord's bungalow or the landlord's garden.

Please don't be confused when you see pictures that seemingly show she isn't socially distancing or Ruby Rose. She is in fact both socially distancing AND Ruby Rose.

Please accept that you are just too stupid to get it. Now duck off and bake a vegan mayo cake. It's what Viv would have wanted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
Hey guys. Just a quick heads up. Some of you may not know, some may have forgotten, but please remember, regardless of what you can see, read or hear with your very own eyes and ears, dear Jackie is always right.

She hates exercise, never exercises, but has abs from sleeping 22 hours a day, whilst working 20 hours a day. She is able to do this because she's the happiest she's ever been whilst being in the darkest pit of hell, living sober on a chemical rollercoaster. Her son and her are hooting and fizzing with delight as he's always with her, in the landlord's bungalow or the landlord's garden.

Please don't be confused when you see pictures that seemingly show she isn't socially distancing or Ruby Rose. She is in fact both socially distancing AND Ruby Rose.

Please accept that you are just too stupid to get it. Now duck off and bake a vegan mayo cake. It's what Viv would have wanted.
Christ, you’re sexy when you’re being a voice of reason and authority.

I will duck off, and with pleasure!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Hi all. Loooong time lurker, first post. Been here since DKL and never looked back. I laughed so much at this Harry. She is everything.....and yet, at the same time, isn’t. Jackie M - Schrodinger‘s twit.
Thankyou. I will now duck off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
That’s a very dry looking meal. The kidney bean burger itself looks dry and there’s no mayo or anything on the bread. (Cucumber doesn’t count, it just makes everything soggy). Plus it’s been oddly photographed - there’s way too much bread for a start, why are there 3 different types of bread rolls and only 1 burger?
What’s the white stuff on the burger? Flour? Icing sugar?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Whoever uploaded the Edwina Currie clip cut out the best bit - Jack screaming "WE'RE HARDLY THE bleeping JOHNSONS" in response to Edwina bringing up her comfortably middle-class upbringing. Cue Rachel Johnson squirming awkwardly next to her.

(First post! Have been Grunka-ing and dying to join in for weeks!)
Babe, same! 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What’s the white stuff on the burger? Flour? Icing sugar?
I think the poor person that attempted this didn't understand the sloppy consistency expected from a JM recipe and desperately tried to keep the burger from falling apart in the pan by tossing a bunch of flour at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She makes a lot of good points in that (very shaky) speech but I did laugh at 'Get off Twitter and stop arguing with each other' :D :D :D
What IS it with her voice though?

Back in my day we didn't cook much as students. We drank a lot though!
It's 20 years since I saw my eldest off to university - her brother followed 5 years later. Sad to say, I did not give either a cookbook but both must have absorbed something from living with their father and me, because they soon figured it out! and neither has ever cooked slop, despite being financially challenged.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Thinking back to the days of “Potatoes” (only about a couple of weeks ago), wasn’t she going to be setting it to music or doing it as a performance piece or something? I guess that never happened - yet another thing to add to the very long list of things she’s given up on. Maybe she lost interest once she’d got the begging bowl out and reeled in a few more Patreon subscribers.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thinking back to the days of “Potatoes” (only about a couple of weeks ago), wasn’t she going to be setting it to music or doing it as a performance piece or something? I guess that never happened - yet another thing to add to the very long list of things she’s given up on. Maybe she lost interest once she’d got the begging bowl out and reeled in a few more Patreon subscribers.
I’m sure struggling parents would also really appreciate if she finished her list of cheap lunch ideas too, you know, before September

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.