Jack Monroe #63 I tend to move in circles of cookery and politics rather than outrage and vitriol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have the footage of Edwina Currie calling Jack out on her middle class family, after reading Jack’s granddad’s obituary? It was on the big British benefits row.
Ive been trying to find it for weeks, I would love to see it, it sounds hilarious.
Don’t know how to copy, but thread 41 post 612 has it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Did she buy both rings, seems a bit odd that Mrs J was just carry one around for you know??? Emergencies.
Maybe Jack was? She does keep a box full of engagement rings at home. You never know when you might need one, perhaps?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
That just underlines the utter mediocrity of harvester, doesn't it. The one person that could be bothered to engage had 'hunters chicken'.

Theres nothing wrong with harvester but for a supposed foodie, it's not a good optic, in the parlance of the times.
I'm not sure I can really comment on Harvester as a whole because I've never been to one, but I did look up the Southend place on Trip Adviser for research purposes and some of the customer's photos are quite revealing. A couple of examples - the first one is captioned "raw chicken" and the second is captioned "Looking at the prawns gave me IBS". There's also a photo of an onion stuck to the ceiling. I think it might be fair to say this is where Jack learned her craft.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
because i'm skim reading i legit thought she was engaged (or re-engaged!) again already for a minute there...

• Haha
Reactions: 12
because i'm skim reading i legit thought she was engaged (or re-engaged!) again already for a minute there...
Maybe Jack was? She does keep a box full of engagement rings at home. You never know when you might need one, perhaps?
How curious, what happened of she had of said no she would have been out of pocket by two rings and if had of used one of her many seems a bit low brow due to the fact it had been used to promise marriage to someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
How curious, what happened of she had of said no she would have been out of pocket by two rings and if had of used one of her many seems a bit low brow due to the fact it had been used to promise marriage to someone else.
Isn’t her one also on the non-traditional finger? How very traditional for her to break the norm.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
back in the midst of the mega grunka.

Why does itv hate there viewers? Having had a car crash of jack cooking once they then bring her back for a repeat performance. They must have told her how long the slot was, surely by now even she knows how long pasta takes to cook 🤪🤪🤢 And she managed to miss the chicken entirely

thread #19 page 52 post 1040 if anybody is brave enough. The comments are hysterical and still people are saying she is new. How many years are you new?

on the next thread she says can’t wait to be back in the studio!!! She’s having a giraffe 🦒 surely?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤯

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I know it doesn't bloody matter now does it but I feel like I'd much rather be proposed to during a walk along the seafront than lying flat out on the sofa watching the soaps
Also having it ‘practically shouted’ at you.
I can just imagine Jack yelling, ‘I want to marry you. Are you going to say yes.’ at the top of her voice over the Eastenders credits tune, in a slightly resentful tone 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Just watched the Edwina Currie thing 😂 I hate to say it but Rachel Johnson comes across really well doesn't she! Quite shocked about that. Jack really effed that up, she just came across as very angry. Then I watched the Lingreenie thing on this morning 😂😂😂😂 it was interesting looking at your back while you muttered Jackie love... Thank goodness for Ruth.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just watched the Edwina Currie thing 😂 I hate to say it but Rachel Johnson comes across really well doesn't she! Quite shocked about that. Jack really effed that up, she just came across as very angry. Then I watched the Lingreenie thing on this morning 😂😂😂😂 it was interesting looking at your back while you muttered Jackie love... Thank goodness for Ruth.
I loved that she quickly put out an article in the guardian after saying she hadn't got to say very much on the air and that she knew nothing about her Grandad's fortune he just taught her how to fry an egg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I just can't imagine Nigella ever cooking anything Jack has 'created'

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Eamonn Holmes deserves some sort of TV award for not cracking up. Seriously, it should be shown in TV Presenting classes as how to remain calm under pressure. He must have let rip during the ad break. His face is showing nothing but everything. Almost half 'this is hilarious' and half 'is this actually happening?'
Legend

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Nigella is going down in my estimation, because I’m sure she hasn’t read Tin Can Cook. Surely if she had, she wouldn’t be recommending it?
I think Nigella is well meaning but naive. Thoughts along the lines of, 'students are short on cash, Jack has made her name selling cookbooks for people on a strict budget, ergo...' I would imagine she's never felt the need to cook Jack's recipes as she herself has not had to worry about money 🤷‍♀️ she comes across as someone who tries hard to get it right but is ultimately clueless.

Eamonn Holmes deserves some sort of TV award for not cracking up. Seriously, it should be shown in TV Presenting classes as how to remain calm under pressure. He must have let rip during the ad break. His face is showing nothing but everything. Almost half 'this is hilarious' and half 'is this actually happening?'
Legend
I love the image of him, poker faced, excusing himself during the ad break, walking stiffly out of the studio and then crying with laughter in the smoking area outside. Perhaps leaning himself up against a wheelie bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Actually the bag pockets of the bag are brilliant for when you're a greedy little goblin and
Nigella is going down in my estimation, because I’m sure she hasn’t read Tin Can Cook. Surely if she had, she wouldn’t be recommending it?
Nigella you do realise one of the recipe's in Tin Can Cook is for tomato soup... mixing a tin of tomatoes and a tin of tomato soup. This makes me doubt Nigella has even read it cos what a bloody piss take 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Nigella you do realise one of the recipe's in Tin Can Cook is for tomato soup... mixing a tin of tomatoes and a tin of tomato soup. This makes me doubt Nigella has even read it cos what a bloody piss take 😂
I can't believe I bought this crappy book. I've never even properly looked through it. I was so embarrassed by it I just shoved it in a drawer.
Might get it out later and brave the cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm not sure I can really comment on Harvester as a whole because I've never been to one, but I did look up the Southend place on Trip Adviser for research purposes and some of the customer's photos are quite revealing. A couple of examples - the first one is captioned "raw chicken" and the second is captioned "Looking at the prawns gave me IBS". There's also a photo of an onion stuck to the ceiling. I think it might be fair to say this is where Jack learned her craft.
🤢 I’ve been to that Harvester a few times over the years as my Nan loved it and they were good with helping her in etc. However it’s not somewhere I’d ever describe as impeccably clean like Jack did! Certainly not the worst place I’ve been in and no one I know was ever served food quite as bad as that but never perfect. If Jack has been served food like that there though it does explain a lot!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.