Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StringyMango

Chatty Member
In the words of my dear departed DEAD mother.
Carole Tonkinson is "not sharp"
A variation on this theme is "a sharp silly bugger" applied to those who pretend to be not sharp.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Right, you lot here in the canal. I've had to hang out on the skanky and AFE threads for weeks now cos guest is being awol. The AFE thread has a..... Are you ready??? CROSSWORD. And it is bloody genius.

We need a guest crossword. We have so much material to work with... Over a decade. Anybody in?!

ETA I'm very much a newbie on those threads so don't know the answers!!!!
ETA 2: made on crosswordlabs.com.

Last edited:

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Stares at you in Shakespeare
Just because people who know what they're doing (Shakespeare, Chaucer) can invent words, it doesn't mean that you can, Jack.

Any more than other people being able to cook tasty, nutritious meals means that you can.

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
I was being flippant last night but I do absolutely agree. The privilege of never being able to spare the cash for recreational drugs meant I was never really exposed to having to think about the ethics of it all beyond the occasional graun article and hearing about people I wasn't close to at school getting in legal bother for it, until I was past my clubbing days and seeing the impact professionally. Makes me no better than someone who is insulated from it by wealth, really.
I'd dispute that final sentence. Most of the canal strike me as astute and self aware ninnies, as evinced by your comment, but you can't run thought experiments on every potential future clash of values.
Compassion fatigue is a very real thing.
You not fretting over a hypothetical situation does not equate to another person remaining wilfully obtuse in order to avoid contemplating their hypocrisy.
---
We didn’t think about that in the 90s. There was no internet either.
I’d like to nominate/commemorate
Krish Mate Day
Where’s MY help Rishi Mate day
The Italian Pilgrimage to the Per Rialto day
Just to clarify, I'm talking about "these days" rather than "back in the day" (when drugs were proper drugs, or so I'm frequently told!) as the conversation was possibly alluding to Jack's hypothetical use of a bit of the old marching powder (no doubt only occasionally, on those 18 hour working days though).

Last edited:
  • Wow

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Why has she hoiked her apron up?
Because she is a tiny smol li'l pixie and even children's aprons designed for pre-school toddler to do messy play are too long for her teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, crumbly-boned frame. She was probably standing on a box even to get into the photo, and the pinny was still too long.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14