Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Jack's nonsense about her university studies really infuriates me. Britain is such a brilliant country for lifelong learning, with a wealth of adult education colleges, a proud history of working class educational institutions and so many ways to enter higher education at any point in a person's life.

Yes, we know high fees and student debt are crippling, we know this government has attacked and undermined the universities, that there's a huge need for more funding to keep arts and humanities programmes, and that academic careers have become casualised due to the neoliberal model.

But... higher education is entirely achievable to anyone who really wants it. Jack's had 20 years since she left school to get her shit together and earn a degree. Or do an apprenticeship to learn a trade. All her blether is just that, hot air.

Just two examples:
1. My friend went to medical school in her late forties. She had to go back to GCSE science and maths, do the very difficult exam to get into a course, commute back and forth for 4 years to uni in another town while co-parenting young kids in her home town. She's bright and hard-working and determined. And she's now a junior doctor in the NHS, having served her hospital internship during Covid.
2. I live opposite a refugee hotel in London. There's an Afghan family living there, mum, dad and young toddler. Dad is an obstetrician but his qualifications are not recognised in the UK. So he's training and studying again, even after having done 12+ years training in his home country. While living in one room in a grim hotel, with no money and all their meals delivered in styrofoam boxes. He'll be an asset to the NHS when he's done.

Jack can sod off.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Geetbo

VIP Member
😂 16,000 hits, fuck off.

My best mate has 100k+ Instagram followers because he's gorgeous and posts lots of photos of him on holiday in nowt but tiny swimming trunks. Never once has he mentioned to me the struggles of living in the public eye or being gently stopped in the street. He goes to work in an office like the rest of us 😂
Who’s your best mate? Purely out of academic interest.

• Haha

Ms Biscuit

"I'm hearing that"

Bless you, pet, you're not a war correspondent with missiles overhead, one finger to your ear, relying on updates from the CNN producers.

• Haha
  • Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
It’s shallow and catty AF but I genuinely think this may be the worst ‘do and colour combination she’s ever had and there have been some absolute shockers over the years.
IMG_0651.jpeg

It looks like she’s nicked a wig in a shade called autumnal wheat off some fella in Idaho who’s a local news anchor on a Republican-leaning tv channel. Dire.

• Haha
  • Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Hey, kids! Here’s why you shouldn’t spend a decade lying incessantly, cosplaying and claiming to be something you’re most definitely not, and grifting hundreds of thousands of pounds from well-meaning people.
IMG_9960.jpeg
IMG_9958.jpeg
On the mic in 2013
IMG_9959.jpeg
And in 2023
IMG_9961.jpeg
Snorting a Matterhorn’s worth of gak you bought with other people’s money probably doesn’t help, either

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Magwitch

I work in publishing and many years ago I edited cookery books for a large publishing house. We never had any recipes independently tested. That was standard for the industry. We simply didn’t have the time or the budget to send 100 plus recipes off for testing. Most of our authors were very well-established cooks/chefs/writers (Carluccio, Mary Berry, James Martin are some I worked with). It was written into their contracts that it was their responsibility to test their recipes and we had some very experienced freelance editors that would go through manuscripts alongside the in-house editors, but that was it.

Having said that, the state of Grifty Kitchen was absolutely shocking to me. No way would that have passed the editing stage in my day.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
I've been mithering (pronounced "mithering") over the bath salts.

None of the recipes I've found include bog standard table salt, and nor do they use crushed up orange peel or eucalyptus leaves, they all use epsom salts, some use sea salt or the pink Himalayan salt as well, and essential oils. Anything like flower petals or leaves are strictly for decoration, to make it look pretty as a gift.

So, it looks like she's taken a perfectly functional recipe that is the recipe because it works, swapped out the ingredients for cheapo pov versions because she doesn't understand what she's doing, and created something that will block your drains. Much like her slops, really.

• Haha
Reactions: 61

Geetbo

VIP Member
She may or may not be autistic. But I would bet my last quid that she has never received an official diagnosis.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
She’s the type of person who’d be “I ate Yorkie bars as a kid even though the other girls didn’t because they said not for girls on them!” as if she’d eaten deep fried crickets or something.

You just know that before she pivoted to him having food issues she was one of the parents who was all “Oh your SB doesn’t like broccoli and olives? Mine does, he’s got such a refined palate!” as if her parenting has anything to do with her child’s tastebuds and it isn’t perfectly normal for everyone to have things they don’t like.
Oh I remember those parents. Having a child with quite a limited palate I found “little Noah has such grown up tastes, he’d rather have olives and hummus than a biscuit” brigade especially galling. Thing is, they grow up and last week I saw not-so-little Noah coming out of the shop having bought a six pack of donuts and a can of monster for his lunch.

• Haha
  • Heart

YerDa

VIP Member
Ugh. What the heckin' heck @Fareshare?!?
Pretty obvious that they signed her up for this without proper due diligence, got the backlash when she mentioned them and worked out a damage limitation strategy to

1) not introduce her or say her full name if at all possible
2) minimise her screen time
3) not show what she’d been responsible for cooking
4) turn off comments
5) focus on Candice and their own volunteers
6) not signpost that she was involved
7) not allow her to be shown/seen as an anti-poverty activist or budget cook

She’s finished.

• Haha
  • Heart

TrolleyParton

Chatty Member
Having heard her singing and seen some of her "modelling" portfolio, I'd still say she went with her greatest strength 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 58

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Jack once she hears about Eammon "You're stressing me out mate" and Ruth getting a divorce:

"Hi Eammon only me. ...Jack. No, not him, Monroe. ...The cook? Resemblance to Natalie Portman? Anyway, I know we haven't spoken since I slightly undercooked my Lingreenie and lost my slot on This Morning, but I just wondered if you wanted to catch up at The Groucho some time?"

*click*
Eamonn her Telly Dad?
IMG_9950.jpeg

Whose arm she ENTHUSIASTICALLY CONSENTED to have around her because he’s her Telly Dad (again).
IMG_9951.jpeg

Telly Dad’s not the nicest man she’s met in her life, though. No. For that is none other than her son’s extremely supportive (and crucially to the grift extremely quiet) father), DEAD Grandad, Saint Chocco Daddy. Oops, none of the above, it is none other than son of the Queen stepson of the King and crucially, FAMOUS PERSON…
IMG_9956.jpeg
IMG_9955.jpeg
PS that tv appearance with Telly Dad wasn’t exactly a roaring success
IMG_9953.jpeg
IMG_9954.jpeg
IMG_9957.jpeg

It’s only about a min long and if you can face sitting through her slopping salmon paste, milk and bottled lemon around in a bowl, you get to enjoy Telly Dad with a mouthful of peach curry valiantly describing it as “quite exotic really”

• Haha
  • Sick

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
The reason she hasn't posted a selfie is I suspect a combination of migrating fillers and side effects of the snow, which is obvs on her nose but possibly bloating as well. If your reading this, Jack, get yourself to Narcotics Anonymous meeting hun. You're not working the 12 steps of AA if you're on the snow, just replaced one addiction with another
Never stopped her before. This is what she claimed to look like on the day she became guest and what she actually looked like on the night and on tv the day after courtesy of @CrackingOwlSanctuary
IMG_0425.jpeg

IMG_0424.jpeg

Terrible.

Edit: Just remembered another pairing, from

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Thread title by @MavisBeacon, nominated by @Lazarus. You each win a box of guest's macadamia blondies from 2012, probably the first and last vaguely tasty thing she has ever managed to produce.

Recap! Like Elmer Fudd, guest has been vewy vewy quiet this week as her name keeps being brought up in connection with Depher. However, she's been liking tweets and did pipe up to helpfully let us know that she's still around. Ever the queen of didn't-explicitly-say-that, she suggested she's working on an upcoming Fareshare campaign but as always left room to wiggle out of it. In her absence the canal discussed some of her past greatest hits including the matcha and macadamia blondies at the height of poverty; the time she made pasta with mushrooms from behind the radiator and a Milkybar; the many many times she's been EXHAUSTED; and a full 24 police investigations into the comments on her blog.

As you were ninnies! Wiki on the pink button.

• Heart
  • Haha