Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My God!

You had a narrow escape! Onion Stasi-like Onion police kicking the door in and threatening you with Onion bye-laws dry-as-fuck leather mushrooms, wasted white chocolate (I could have wept at the wanton sacrifice of chocolate and garlic - sinful !)

You made this slop so that we didn't have to. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO, TENDERSLOP.

<everyone on Tattle stands up and claps<>

Reactions: 26
When I was a young child macaroni pudding used to be a fairly regular thing at school. It was basically rice pudding but made with pasta instead. Even as a very sweet toothed child I wouldn’t eat it because it was just wrong and weird.

Reactions: 23
Our thread favourite Nigella did a chocolate pasta dish on one of her shows, I could've sworn.

Sweet pasta is a thing where my mum's from and never stops being unfathomable to me.
It's probably at least made with nice ingredients though not a square of old Milkybar and whatever flora guest found growing behind her radiator

Reactions: 32
it went out of date at the back of a cupboard.

That reminds me - I found some squid ink pasta in the back of a cupboard just the other day. We brought it back from Florence in - what year is it now? A few years ago anyway - possibly decades. I was frightened of it and hid it at the back. It's in the bin now.

If only I had thought to add some Malteasers to it.

Reactions: 42
When I was a young child macaroni pudding used to be a fairly regular thing at school. It was basically rice pudding but made with pasta instead. Even as a very sweet toothed child I wouldn’t eat it because it was just wrong and weird.
I've got a tin of Ambrosia creamed macaroni pudding. Bought it for the novelty but it has reamined unopened.

Reactions: 24
I mean… let’s go

Pasta AlFreddo (‘member when they was 10p and Starbursts were Opal Fruits?)
Cacao e pepe
Spaghetti Bournevillenaise
Pasta PeppermintFrysBara
Lionbar Arrabbiata

Reactions: 44
“Deactivated” for like a fucking day

What a fucking melt you’re not 14 Jack - romping 100000 miles to school everyday - so grow the fuck up.

Reactions: 30
Imagine the smell as the mushrooms sit on top of the radiators.
Sokay, the smell of battered tin mouldy family radiator orange peel shake n’ vac salad dressing garnish dust masks it

EXTRAORDINARY SMELLING indeed. ETA table salt bath salts

Last edited:
Reactions: 50
I see this was before TD called her out … View attachment 2953029
Oh yeah, TD was quite the fan back in the day.
Tbf she did see the light a fair few years ago. It was one of those cases where you can see the dust settling and someone slowly waking up.
She does start to challenge Jack in later Guardian (and other) comments sections before she went full on trifle defending. When the Trifle Battle took place a couple of years ago (check your history books kids) someone pointed out to Jack that TD was TDing and Jack's response was something like 'yeah, Nicola blocked me years ago'

Reactions: 42
Is this meant to symbolise something?

Too short
Just amusing myself thinking about guest rocking up to the WI with her slow cooker greengage jam.
Or rocking up to the WI with a stab vest.
---
Me and @Witchfinder Sargeant exposing ourselves as the Canal psychos here...
I nearly replied to the earlier post, but stopped because I didn't want to give this impression. Although, Sniper Makka Pakka isn't exactly an intimidating thought. There are much creepier kids' tv characters.

Would anyone be surprised if you needed a stab vest around these two? I don't think so.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
I'm guessing it was similar to noodle kugel? I hope we don't summon Yiddish Guest again.

Reactions: 16
What does moonapp say?

Reactions: 12
She would have kept her head down until the final days of the Nazi regime were obvious then popped up as the pluckiest resistance fighter there ever was.

Genuinely quite the problem back then, by all accounts.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.