Jack Monroe #574 She's definitely lying about something

Which would you rather buy secondhand?

• Spoon

Votes: 188 60.5%
  • Lightbulb

Votes: 123 39.5%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title by @Witchfinder Sargeant, nominated by @Hollaaa. You win tickets to the premiere of the BBC's upcoming guest exposé.

Recap: The BBC released a documentary about the many scams and lies of Depher. Guest's name trended on Twitter with many many people saying she should be next, and pointing out the similarities between her and Depher. Guest popped in to say that she was doing VERY IMPORTANT WORK ACTUALLY to eradicate poverty and didn't mind her name being a byword for theft and grift if it meant her message would spread further. What message, we're not sure, as she was tweeting from a locked account. She shared a photo of a Fareshare centre in Barnsley, but did not explicitly say that she was actually there, so that she can't be accused of Novak Nailing it. She also kindly let us know that she is NOT A MILLIONAIRE or she would have bought a house for her and her small/statuesque boy who'll be off to uni in a few years.

She has no appearances coming up, no bylines anywhere, will not be on our TELLYBOX any time soon, it looks like it's finally Monroever!

आपका (जगह) बहुत-बहुत धन्यवाद! Wiki up on the pink button.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 85
Wonder what flavour of bullshit head will pour into the ears of her ✨comments club✨ over the next few days?

I’m agreeing with posters on the last thread - bad mentals, ouchy bones, the words SEVERE and WORST CASE EVER SEEN appearing somewhere, along with her spouting her usual shite about “doing good” and sticking it to us ebil trolls.

duck me, what a proper mullet she is.

ETA - great to see re Depher twit that this tit just doesn’t fly anymore on SM and the chickens (like stars) are coming home to roost (or be covered in some hideous concoction along with a piece espousing that 2 tiny fillets will feed 64 burly labours and 18 growing lads who don’t live with her )

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Woohoo, my first Jack Monroe thread title!

And of course she didn't tag FareShare into the post, because she's not working for them. Even though her account is locked and so FareShare wouldn't see the original post unless they're following her, they'd be tagged into enough replies from unlocked accounts that they'd figure out something was going on.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
She's absolute poison to any and all organisation she's associated with. The end 😡

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
The wonderful @JombleWomble suggested it :)
Thank space you, this is such an honour. I'm now BUSY updating my CV to highlight my super important work in the development of internet polls. If you'd like to support the cause just pop a little something in the tip jar.

I asked my partner and he said "what kind of weird question is that?" and now appears to be moderately concerned about my mental state. I voted spoon because at least it's almost guaranteed to still be functional.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I asked my partner and he said "what kind of weird question is that?" and now appears to be moderately concerned about my mental state. I voted spoon because at least it's almost guaranteed to still be functional.
If it makes you feel any better, my husband started off like that and how he’s quite invested in guests downfall. Quite often he’ll get home from work gives me a kiss and then immediately says ‘what’s that bleep been up to today?’
ETA:,I’m not sat on my arse all day looking at tattle, much as I’d like to, I do WFH full time. In real work guest, not made up busyness

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
I voted light bulb because, as previously mentioned, being an ND hotty, cutlery is a very real issue. (I had a baked potato whilst out the other day and had to wrap the fork handle with napkins because it kept digging into me. No bueno).

Off to see the GP later. See if he can get me a fit note and a letter for my social housing so I can move. Then I might treat myself to a slow mooch around the shops. In honour of guest finally realising the gig is up 👋🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Thank space you, this is such an honour. I'm now BUSY updating my CV to highlight my super important work in the development of internet polls. If you'd like to support the cause just pop a little something in the tip jar.

You can also determinedly, tenderly, forensically polish it to a high gloss, and, using it to reflect the sun, signal SOS when threatened with a bowl of slop.

A spoon could literally save your life, tenderstem. No-one should ever travel away from home without their rusty trusty spoon. (Or their towel, obviously.)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I still don't understand why she posted a picture from an industrial estate in Barnsley to her locked account.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
IMG_7538.jpeg
Wow an even split!!! I’ve just tipped it in favour of spoon but honestly I’d probably rather have landlords light fittings or a dinosaur toy.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I still don't understand why she posted a picture from an industrial estate in Barnsley to her locked account.
It’s a bit like the time she live tweeted her bus journey. It’s so completely alien to her that normal people do these things daily, that she thinks it’s something special.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
What a fall from grace for guest.

A year ago, she had jobbie from LBC hanging on her every cretinous utterance.

She was casually acquainted well enough with the prime minister and Hugh Grant to refer to them as 'Rishi mate' and 'H', respectively.

She was going to save the world with the VBI.

She was even in the TV chefs whatsapp group!

Earning a passive and tidy wedge off the Patreon.

The guardian interview was the beginning of the end. She was so full of herself having her picture in the paper she didn't even clock that they'd done a subtle but brutal hatchet job on her.

And now even Katie Hopkins looks like a moral giant in comparison.

You'd need a heart of stone not to piss yourself laughing 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Now the world knows her as a grifter and thief, and the Greenbelt crowd knows her as the woman who got pregnant via poppy seeds

• Haha
Reactions: 46
In all the excitement we missed marking the two year anniversary of Sue Lee/a year since the statute of limitations expired rendering the “ring fenced” money hers all hers. Kind of the Guardian to amplify the original grift for her while never ever following up to clarify that it was all bollocks.
Mind you, not surprising. They have form for amplifying and bringing her £££ grifts to a wider audience and never following up. Where’s the VBI, Guardian?
IMG_9523.jpeg

Send me your money so I can send my cookbooks to food banks!
This one about the Kickstarter is MINDBLOWING from start to finish. Not only for bringing this particular grift to a much, much wider audience but also for allowing her to imply on December 4th 2015 on their international NEWSPAPER platform that it was already written, when it wouldn’t see the light of day until Spring 2018
IMG_9514.jpeg

And she smashed her target in a day, but still kept it open for a month ultimately raking in
IMG_9519.jpeg

IMG_9518.jpeg

AND the fact that when she’d raised less than 1/3 of what she’d ultimately rake in she wasn’t sure how she’d manage distribution, but didn’t close it there and then and just kept raking in the cash anyway.
IMG_9515.jpeg

AND that she lied about this…as the publishing deal for the very same book was announced a mere two months later and it wasn’t published by Bluebird for three and a half years after that announcement as she didn’t finish writing it til 2018.
IMG_9517.jpeg

AND she’s saying here she “never fell out with” her publishers despite later lying and claiming to her Kickstarter backers they dumped her for coming out as trans, which is why she was forced to self-publish
IMG_9520.jpeg
Like I said, that entire article from start to finish is MINDBLOWING and just like all the others (and more times than just the above), where the Guardian actively advertised these grifts for her, they have never, ever followed up on any of these or published anything to the contrary about any of them.
The “updates” and comments are particularly illuminating.

To clarify for anyone reading who’s unfamiliar: she manipulated and guilt tripped anyone who attempted to ask where the book was and three years later a number of people never got their books, a complete lack of transparency around the “donation” copies people had paid for, international buyers were forced three years later into paying extra for postage etc etc etc etc etc

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 62
I for one hope she keeps limping on, at least long enough that I can either
A) create a thread or
B) get a thread title.

I need to put some serious graft in. 🤪 That’s GRAFT, guesty - you wouldn’t know it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.