Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lobster Johnson

Chatty Member
I remember reading about time blindness and it was so relatable. I always thing I'll get to a place in either 5, 20, 30 etc minutes, but I never seem to get it accurately no matter how many times I've been. If I'm running late I'm always 5 or 20 minutes away, even though that's not always true. I'm also bad for using the phrase 'the back of' for time, as in 'I'll meet you at the back of 7"; I was shocked once when a friend said to me once that she took that to mean around 5 past. To me it means between 7:15 and 7:45.

I don't like being late and keeping people waiting, although I also hate being early because of boredom, worrying I'm in the wrong place, or that I won't recognise the people I'm meeting etc. if I'm going to someone's house, I worry that they won't be ready for me if I'm even 5 minutes early. This is probably because I'm always running around in my jammies when people arrive at the door as I seem to have no concept of how long it takes to do things.

The city where I live now is fucking notorious for this "the back of", "around" method of time keeping. Normally anything within about an hour of when you arranged to be there is considered "on time". Drives me insane.

• Wow
Reactions: 19

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
Credit where it's due, at least it's not traced
Pity her tattoo artist had the same determination to go it alone . ("NO! I don't need to trace an image! I can do this! Just leave me b- . . . . Oh! Well - it's not my fault. If you had let me concentrate that would have been alright!")
---
Ah, so THAT was Chopper Read’s motivation!
“We can’t let you in, Chop. We’ve got kids in here and they would be afraid of a man with no ears” - Jimmy & Shelby
Worth it!

Edit - just pick a reason. Grammar, spelling, AC -all apply

Last edited:
  • Haha

rage naan

VIP Member
Well then you wouldn’t draw much attention to yourself, would you ragey?
I suppose if you wanted to take a picture of yourself, you wouldn’t bother posting it to your social media platform the size of Glasto, either?
well I'm still learning to use every filter known to man portrait mode, so...

• Haha

hereforthechaos

I’d love to see her photos of Essex Pride that she was ’lucky enough‘ to photograph

I’ve got lovely photos of Pride in London in the 80s - I wasn’t lucky to photograph them; i was just there
I was about to say similar, I went to my nearest big city for pride and took photos. I'm not a photographer though, so I'm guessing mine don't count :(

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Verity Pushpram

I think it's fairly easy to challenge that sort of thing - it's usual to treat gifts given during life as being completely separate from inheritance for tax purposes, and the other side of that coin is that the courts will say that all children should inherit equally, never mind what gifts had been given previously.

The only way to get round it would be using trusts and suchlike, but I don't think Big D's estate is big enough for that to be worthwhile.

So, sadly, Jack's likely to inherit the same amount as her siblings, no matter how much extra help she gets given whilst her parents are still living.
If there's a hotchpot clause in the will then any lifetime gifts are taken into consideration when dividing up the estate. Trusts are different, though Choccy D may well think he's one of the big boys in need of these structures!

Florid Language

I think it's a sock of one of the usual suspects. Only joined in March but is surprisingly adept at conversations on X. Commented on a lot of grifters.
But then I'm suspicious of everything on X!
Ta, I normally check profiles and visit their timelines but I didn't do that 'cause I've been busy this morning.

• Heart

griftalo

VIP Member
❤All of this.

And you didn’t imagine the (dire) tat
View attachment 2935146View attachment 2935147Suspect this also may be something to do with why ol’ bandwagon jumper changed it. Never could bear to be outdone by her siblings. View attachment 2935150
The English translation of the name?? Is she claiming there’s a different name on her birth certificate as well? Or is she making a stupid big deal out of nothing. The meaning of the name Melissa is honey bee. There isn’t another meaning for it in another language that I know of. The name is the name.

When dear heart JayCloth Cow got us all the gossip on Old Harold, one of the things that came out was that SB was there a lot more than we thought.
Thank you! I’d forgotten which of the people it was who came on and said. If I recall correctly someone who seemed to know her on the site that must not be named for mothers also said similar.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I have a friend who has a half sister who is always tapping their dad up for money as she is so chaotic with money.
What the half sister doesn’t know is every time her dad bails her out he logs the amount with his solicitor. When he dies all that money will be taken off her inheritance to keep it fair to her siblings.
Imagine if that happened to Jack.
My ex sister in laws father did that, she was not happy

• Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I don't think that she is allowed to have SB alone for very long. When she has been on holidays with him - to the caravan and the holiday cottage there were other people there.
Even then, she didn't organise anything special for him.
I think it is more like that Jack CBA to arrange anything that didn't centre on her own wants.

Although I don't think Jack is a risk to her son or has restricted access. And he is old enough to decide where he wants to be.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Amused to see this Jamie O vid dropping on YouTube today -- he's only gone and made an orzo slop which still looks 1000 per cent more edible and appealing than our guest's recent offerings.

Yeah, that’s not the most visually appealing slop in the end but I bet in terms of flavour it is amazing. Because THAT MAN can actually cook,

Florid Language

Why doesn't Giphy have the Delia "where are you?" available? Football is on, a VAR check that needed this one as we waited

Come on Football Jack, give us your unique perspective on the 3 goals thus far.
I was expecting her to Tweet that the Aston Villa goalie had scored a cracking goal for Liverpool IYKYK

• Haha
Reactions: 17