Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YerDa

VIP Member
Not for the first name, she bemoaned ditching Hadjicostas and has brought it back a lot of times, but never the first name
Thanks Hotes, I wasn’t sure. If someone specifically wanted to be called a particular name/set of pronouns I’d happily oblige (except this bad’un who will always be “guest” to me in the hopes it will hasten her descent into anonymity and disappearance from her sponging public life).

• Heart
Reactions: 24

IcanSpellBéchamel

Chatty Member
I mean, Norway's lead singer was dressed in black and waved her arms a bit, but Ireland's entry was much closer to Kate Bush.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Lobster Johnson

Chatty Member
Indeed they are not. They're lump sums that are paid every six months, usually. Along with your ALCS and PLR payments.

However, if you got an.advance you'll only get royalties if your book sells enough to cover that cost. I expect she's only getting a relatively small amount from her back catalogue at this point - if Grifty Kitchen has earned out, I'll eat my brogues.
ANd they'd still be tastier than a veg peel fritter.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Cba posting but I hardly think people are ‘terrified’ of janey godly. Pretty sure someone posted before that she was a massive see you next Tuesday.

• Haha

Soup or Noodle

Sure, of course I can. For me it's about being unable to accurately measure the time needed to get anywhere or meet with people. It's not deliberate, malicious or hatefully done but if we arrange to get together, I need two times. One when we're expected and then the time I have before it's a waste of time.

So it's just about leaving earlier, trying to visualise the route - especially if it's one I've never done before - and allowing for any potential issues. I used to set my clock, phone, TV settings to being ahead but my brain knew it was fast so it stopped working.

There are multiple alarms on my phone. I will set several all within ten minutes of needing to leave. When I'm working, I've been known to charge my phone elsewhere so they need to be switched off and get me out of bed. (I have chronic insomnia as well).

Admittedly it doesn't help that my internal clock is set to night owl mode naturally but it's taken me 30+ years to adapt to it. It's not something to hate yourself for. We're all unique and have travails. It's also worth speaking to your GP about. Neurodivergence shows up in many, many ways and even knowing is beneficial.
I remember reading about time blindness and it was so relatable. I always thing I'll get to a place in either 5, 20, 30 etc minutes, but I never seem to get it accurately no matter how many times I've been. If I'm running late I'm always 5 or 20 minutes away, even though that's not always true. I'm also bad for using the phrase 'the back of' for time, as in 'I'll meet you at the back of 7"; I was shocked once when a friend said to me once that she took that to mean around 5 past. To me it means between 7:15 and 7:45.

I don't like being late and keeping people waiting, although I also hate being early because of boredom, worrying I'm in the wrong place, or that I won't recognise the people I'm meeting etc. if I'm going to someone's house, I worry that they won't be ready for me if I'm even 5 minutes early. This is probably because I'm always running around in my jammies when people arrive at the door as I seem to have no concept of how long it takes to do things.

• Heart

lilykestrel

VIP Member
I don't respect Jack, but I also won't be disrespectful towards her by using the name she has chosen (for whatever reason she's feeling is the truth when she woke up that day) not to go by

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
The wedding dress photos are pretty shit to say the least.. and this was done by a somewhat professional photographer and not on someones early days smart phone camera?

Onestorytoomany

VIP Member
Knowing her she woukd be the one that would get evicted from prison. The guards would be ready for the hills, if she had to do a stretch. I mean hardened criminals are one thing, she would just drive ya barmy!

• Haha

CrushedIcePlease

VIP Member
Yeah it’s been a weird one and agree don’t envy the grunkas.

But on the plus side it’s still Tuesday, the weather has taken a downward turn ❄ so there’s still an outside chance of a Tuesday chaos and normal service being resumed 😆

• Haha

Monochrome Muse

Just hit #1 of this thread and already 😂
All we need is for guest to start showing us her handwritten, colour coded notes from the local elections last week.
Don't fucking @ me, BUSY OK!

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I note Jack’s Vegas Adventure included things ”bleeding” money out of her, the tightarse.
---
Re: Melissa/Jack, whatever other arguments there are for not referring to her as Melissa, trans/nonbinary status is not one of them.

Her page on Kruger Cowne’s website:

View attachment 2935374

Quote from the article in The Grocer.

View attachment 2935409
She has also in the last few years repeatedly Tweeted that der ebil trolls were attacking her for “being a woman” etc.

It’s clear to me that at this point in time she is not trans or nonbinary at all. It’s just another identity she appropriates to deflect from criticism (when she forgets that she refers to herself as a woman).
She spoke about being “female presenting” and being ok with she/her, accepting she’s seen as a woman by others. That’s not exactly at odds with being non-binary in todays society - and NB is trans.

I don’t think we get to override someone’s assertion that they’re trans or call them by a name they don’t want to be called, based on whether we like them or not, and/or whether we think they’re doing trans wrong, or not. Because in part, the casual observer sees it’s ok to start doing that in x case or y case, then there’s always a reason why it’s justified.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
But Vali, she has such neat and unusual handwriting, like she shows us with her shopping lists and Greek recipes in Greek! And squigs go “oh Jack you have such lovely handwriting” then the next thing you know she’s claiming she can’t brush her own hair or eat with a fork because of disability (severe)
---

Sing Landslide, and post it on Reddit - accidentally conquer those fears!!!!
Makes you realise when you see those carefully, painstakingly, melodramatic lists she shares, just where her 100 hours of work a week come from if that scrawl is her usual handwriting.

• Haha

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
In my experience, Mein Kampf is unreadable.
I agree - I tried and failed miserably.

But it could appeal to a strange li'l smol weird pixie brain, I suppose. I remember thinking that it could have done with a recipe slop section, and a few ideas for repurposing unwanted artwork and turning pickelhauben into flowerpots.

• Haha