Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
Football Jack is gone, we're back to political Jack.

View attachment 2934000H

undreds? Really? I thought it was just Jack and her lonely struggle campaigning against child poverty.

Or was that activist Jack? who isn't the same as politi-Jack, who is no doubt probably forensically reading her way through all the reports to do some meta-dataing (might take a weekend) and will produce a PCI ( Poor Children's Index ) coming soon.

Intro paragraph - "In the years when I was a young disabled mum not surviving on my meagre benefits...
FUUUUUUUUUCKING HELL!!! 🤯
View attachment 2935206
and there she is. Showing herself again for exactly what she is.

Ignorant cosseted cuntView attachment 2935207

At that same March 2012 link: 23 year old pompous provincial twit guest gives her opinions on Southend Pride and sets out her credentials as an expert in how it should be staged.
Oh god how long did it take Jack to painstakingly type on an ancient Nokia that wall of dirge?
---
So one visit to Vegas was enough to last her a lifetime, and yet...

View attachment 2935223

SS by @EllaEm87

Wasn't the second trip during her #littlepigontour ( :sick: ) SPITE trip with Big Lin after Leggy booted her out of the West London townhouse?
Ist trip was with an ex. So Las Vegas is horrid is a digat her ex. Although it wouldn't be the last time she was dumped shortly after being on holiday.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
God.... She's like me when I turn my blue ticks and last seen on and off on Whatsapp depending on how big a huff I'm in
That’s your greatest post ever! 😂😂
Can’t believe I missed Eurovision guest last night. I was getting the Twitter notifications but I couldn’t keep up with all the threads combined with chatting shit to my friends so disappointed I only have 2 pages to grunk.

• Haha

rage naan

VIP Member
There’s a thread about dyslexia and dyscalclia if anyone wants to share advice, seek support or just rant. I wish I‘d known dyscalclia was a thing, it affected so much of my school and then work life and I thought I was just thick.

On topic! Jack’s Twitter is locked just now, I wonder if she’ll unlock it to share her latest political insights more widely? 🤣

I am amazed there’s not been a full on chaos for a while though,
Thank you!

today is apparently Tuesday. I'm hoping for a living my best life to spite the trolls ridiculously happy soberer than anyone has ever been Tuesday. One of those days when sobriety makes the skin glow and the eyes sparkle, and at the same time, it's the newly discovered witchcraft of makeup. That's what I'm manifesting. Nothing new, nothing too mentally taxing. come on guest do it for me

• Haha
  • Heart

Lobster Johnson

Chatty Member
Even those very early articles lauding her in 2013-2014 (Xanthe Clay, the myriad Guardian ones) make no sense whatsoever.

They all mention her “viral” blog post Hunger Hurts 2012 and the fact she subsequently “sold everything she owned” but it’s as if they never read the original post, because according to Hunger Hurts, by that point she had nothing left to sell in a “big open house sale”
View attachment 2936701
She was the right “pov” in the right place at the right time. The Guardian in particular are culpable for unquestioningly swallowing the utter bullshit she told them and giving her not only a platform but legitimacy.

You have to wonder how soon after they were together and immediately engaged Allegra realized her tragic pov “backstory” was just that- a story. Would have LOVED to be a fly on the wall when Choccy Pillar of the Community MBE met not-working class Leggy MBE tho. I wonder if he put all his medals on? Mind you, maybe Jack never took her round Dave and Ev’s, or maybe she made them pretend to live in one of the peppercorn slumlord flats when leggy came to the in-laws for tea.

Edit: 🥕
who’s buying a second hand spoon???

• Haha

MurielSnark

VIP Member
🦉 and 🍾 at this.

Political Twitter has been all aflutter about this for the last few days. Labour put out word about this "special guest" and there's been speculation that another high-profile Tory was going to cross the floor, with wild guesses about who. Today, it seems that the special guest is only Keir Starmer. Bit of a damp squib.

On topic: the Labour bigwigs are visiting Essex and are not inviting the county's premium povster (or her Marxist-Leninist pops) to share a platform with them.

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Not something the canal has ever done. Except for in every one of these examples (and there are pages more of them).

Including this discussion where it was made explicitly clear that Jack Monroe is a stage name, and that it's not "deadnaming" her.

A post by Foxvint in August last year made this exact point, said it wasn't "deadnaming", and 81 people agreed with it.

Including you.

Any reason you've decided to attack me for doing it now? View attachment 2934600
View attachment 2934606
Because it was apropos of nothing, out of any context. which does make it deadnaming.

And as you’ve pointed out, it’s a slippery slope, insidious how it creeps in, recently.

• Heart
Yeah exactly. Starling has similar. If you spend eg 90p you can nominate to round up so the 10p goes into a rainy day fund. I suspect that's all she means but as usual, she has to go too far so that it's no longer believable. It can't just be this, it has to be complex and special.
To clarify I didn’t misunderstand rainy day fund on the Monzo one, they literally advertised you could have money transferred automatically if it rained 😂 and for various other things as well as rounding up for a traditional rainy day fund. The “money when it rains” ad was one of those that seemed to follow me around the internet hence remembering that in specific.

• Haha
  • Heart
would a rehab programme set conditions on your social media use after you leave?
I don't think they'd set conditions (unless you were in rehab for social media addiction, in which case I think the goal of the treatment would be to wean you off completely anyway), but if social media use was identified as a symptom of whatever you were in rehab for, that would be addressed as part of the treatment.

Reactions: 24

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Thank you!

today is apparently Tuesday. I'm hoping for a living my best life to spite the trolls ridiculously happy soberer than anyone has ever been Tuesday. One of those days when sobriety makes the skin glow and the eyes sparkle, and at the same time, it's the newly discovered witchcraft of makeup. That's what I'm manifesting. Nothing new, nothing too mentally taxing. come on guest do it for me
Speaking of witchcraft how long before her madcap friends start calling her Bambi after Bambi Thug. Must be time for a new nickname.

• Haha

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
re working class William Sitwell, what would that make the rest of us? Lower lower under working class? Silly posh twit. https://www.dreweatts.com/news-videos/auction-results-weston-hall-and-the-sitwells-a-family-legacy/

I would, though, love to hear his verdict on a fennel, water and chickpea stew that serves 8 burly adults OR one smol goblin
I used to live in Scarborough, and there's several streets named after them, and an arts facility that used to be (one of) their homes. Much working class indeed!

• Haha
  • Wow

CocoCottesmore

What she means is she has something like Monzo where you can (or could) set it to do things like transfer £1 a day into a pot via IFTT. They used to endlessly advertise you could set it to pay into a pot when it rained to use for summer activities on the 4 days of summer the UK gets.

Of course being the Jack we all know, she’ll have done it for about a week, then stopped it and spent the money on opal fruits and spicy Pringles.
Yeah exactly. Starling has similar. If you spend eg 90p you can nominate to round up so the 10p goes into a rainy day fund. I suspect that's all she means but as usual, she has to go too far so that it's no longer believable. It can't just be this, it has to be complex and special.

• Haha

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
Every time someone mentions her Flickr am reminded of poor sweet summer child @Dummyfingers who’s likely never been the same since learning that DENIAL by Jack Monroe (All rights reserved) is not in fact Jack Monroe in a nightie leaning dramatically over and cradling bread dough
View attachment 2937673
I always think of this as the birth of gloves. But no, more (imagined this time) dead birds were incoming.
Not seen any for a while.
......OK...mission accepted canal

• Haha