Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My brain is full of niche info. Jack Monroe being a special interest of mine is part of them. And I can't choose my special interests - they just happen. My brain would blow that squig's little mind.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
My brain is full of niche info. Jack Monroe being a special interest of mine is part of them. And I can't choose my special interests - they just happen. My brain would blow that squig's little mind.
Well they can hardly make fun of you when guest herself has such a forensic brain that makes up recipes on the spot and holds decades’ worth of grocery prices

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Wonder what Jack would have done as a nepowife? I doubt she would have been content sitting at home spending Leggy’s money because she’d be too jealous of Legs getting all the attention. I’m guessing she would have tried to be some sort of upper middle class influencer and kept up the pretence of being ‘thrifty’. Or she’d write a children’s book or try to turn Bread and Jam Enterprises Ltd into a pop up shop. Jesus, imagine every tit abandoned Jack project actually having lots of money and resources thrown at it.
scandi hygge-y boutique like Amanda in Motherland

except the candles are made out of tin cans and string, the jewellery is ring pulls, and the useless storagey baskets are Easter egg boxes

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
A bunch of squigs defending guest have suddenly emerged from the woodwork coincidentally with guest’s re-emergence, or she’s socking like mad again. Either way, it’s like a light switching on so you’re suddenly aware of a load of scurrying coackroaches 😬😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
Also people like this squig can, frankly, duck right off (this was in response to someone sharing the fridge tweet thread):

View attachment 2900178
So is there, what, a statute of limitations on grifters now? We’re supposed to just forget and move on cuz it was a couple of years ago and that makes it ok that she conned people out of money?
This squig who joined x in April 2024, is based in NI and has made 10 posts all of which are about Jack and CCJ squig

Hmm 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
I am so ruined by this place that I've just switched on Saturday Kitchen and in my head said, "Oooh! Manc Bee's on!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
I know, its so odd when people say something like 'wow it's so wierd you've remembered that about that person'. Often pops up about Jack as a deflection when people defend her as if to imply you have a creepy interest, when it's just remembering something foul she has said or done 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 47
This squig who joined x in April 2024, is based in NI and has made 10 posts all of which are about Jack and CCJ squig

Hmm 🤔
And my goodness doesn’t it sound like guest’s response to a certain blogger “bringing up my old Facebook posts is weird, get over it!!!11”

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I’ve been relentlessly busy this week and skimming so I’ve just had a proper catch up here and nothing on earth will ever make me laugh more than the fact that she takes herself SO seriously. If she just turned around now and again and said “yeah that was a bit twatty” people would be more receptive towards her. I know she made great pains to try and fit in with the “live gig 00s indie haircut girls drinking at the Railway hotel in Southend set” and it’s no surprise she never fit in because one thing about us Essex girls is we will readily take the piss out of ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I think this is exactly what would have happened. I could also imagine a photography exhibition in a hip gallery full of sub A level photography pictures, a book or two of poetry even the vogons would have rejected, or maybe she would have recorded an album, perhaps featu a duet with Billy Bragg. No one outside of her immediate circle would have a shred of interest in any of her projects, but that’s not the point. Everything would have been busy work to keep her occupied while Leggy did real work.
There would have been some interior design on a budget/up- cycling business, with 'consultations' and personal shopping, possibly a donor baby (or twins) and guardian articles on We had a baby by donor sperm.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Compo is deffo one of her style icons.
And Steptoe when she dons her chapeau and does the gurn face.

Looks like it was the Diva awards last night. Cannot see guset in the audience. Invite must have got lost in the post just like those thousands of shithouse onion postcards.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.