Jack Monroe #570 Delusions of Relevance

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I see that genuine money expert and noted online guest critic Martin Lewis is hosting this week's Have I Got News For You. I hope guest is raving and tearing a few radiators off the wall. Yet another gig she'll never get.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
frightening that people believe the facetuned version's of herself she posts
I'm pretty sure this is a filtered photo. Which is hilarious to me as that makes it a filtered photo of a filtered photo. Filterception, if you will.

Somehow that's worth signing and passing off as 'art'. 🤣 what knobs guest's fans are.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You know, think this PRIVATE JOKE coat may be the less famous Burberry trench Ol’ sloppy bought at the same time as its far more famous black leather studded counterpart back in 2015. View attachment 2899416
View attachment 2899418 Not a “classic trench coat” investment piece then is it, you bleeping fantasist boat neck-bothering tit-with-money tit for brains moron.
Oh my god Val, I was honestly going to ask if she’d ever tried to claim the Pretty Woman moment as her own 😂 I really hope she went further with it because that is new levels of cringe.

1714199705073.png

Also I can’t remember who called the above look the Last of the Summer Wine cosplay, but it makes me so happy 👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I see that genuine money expert and noted online guest critic Martin Lewis is hosting this week's Have I Got News For You. I hope guest is raving and tearing a few radiators off the wall. Yet another gig she'll never get.
Her TV work has all been in the role of keen amateur (to the surprise of the producers who booked her as an ‘expert’).
Even long established performers talk about still getting stage fright. Difference is guest has never learned to mask her terror at being up there.
Can you imagine them actually giving her that HIGNFY gig? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I know it's not the only reason but the fact HIGNFY kept bringing Al Johnson on and letting him fool people with his clownish behaviour doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. Guest would be just another narc, were they ever that desperate.

Reactions: 29
She’s such an hole. Sees the outpouring of interest and sympathy for Gadd, as well as the internet sleuths all over the real life Baby Reindeer perpetrators, and thinks I’ll have me some of that in the hope of a simultaneous beg and pile on of newly christened ‘stalker’ aka the man who asked for a £10 refund. GHOUL. SKIN WALKER. Get your own ideas Jack you thieving bleep.
Came on to say this. It’s been a while. I left in a fury and remained away whilst she was dormant. I feel like the kids returning to Derry in IT.

As ever, Jack fails to grasp that two things (if true) can exists at the same time - she can be stalked and hacked but also be a massive grifter and fraud. Those two things do not cancel each other out. Harold Shipman could have been stalked but it doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have been prosecuted for murder.

There is not one major trauma she will not cosplay in order to gain attention, sympathy, money or simply for cruel sport and for that reason alone, she is truly despicable.

I thought maybe, just maybe, she had done the sensible thing of leaving social media and continuing that vital, vital work she does behind the scenes but no. She was waiting for the opportunity and a Netflix show has given it to her.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Did ML criticise her? I missed this, wasn't she always trying to cosy up to him? What was said?

Reactions: 13
Also people like this squig can, frankly, duck right off (this was in response to someone sharing the fridge tweet thread):

IMG_7211.jpeg

So is there, what, a statute of limitations on grifters now? We’re supposed to just forget and move on cuz it was a couple of years ago and that makes it ok that she conned people out of money?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Also people like this squig can, frankly, duck right off (this was in response to someone sharing the fridge tweet thread):

View attachment 2900178
So is there, what, a statute of limitations on grifters now? We’re supposed to just forget and move on cuz it was a couple of years ago and that makes it ok that she conned people out of money?
Quite a niche thing to “remember” that innit. A random post from 18 months ago.
IMG_8380.jpeg

I bet Jack Monroe doesn’t even remember that post and she wrote it. Move on lad.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
She never facetunes filters herself better does she. I thought that was the whole point. I dont know, i look like a cave troll in all my photos but i guess its what i look like so i never do anything to them. Its interesting how everytime she comes back from being a mere husk that she infact comes back.... some might say she is brave to keep showing up, but it honestly just comes to thr point when you have to accept this is no longer your life. I have some major lif changes happening and all of them terrifying! I am not however blaming other people for my problems!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Clippy was a pet project of Melinda Gates when she was working at Microsoft before she married Bill. After they got married, even after Melinda left her job, no one was brave enough to deactivate Clippy because no one wanted to incur the wrath of the Gateses. (source: friend who used to work there, and unlike guest's friends this person is real.)

So even though Clippy had outlived its usefulness, it hung around uninvited, until it looked so out of date that there was no justification for keeping it. Kind of like guest.
That’s an amazing story. And I hope it is true. I never knew his name was clippy as I always referred to him as “get the duck away”

fully expecting guest to do some nostalgia baiting next. White dog tit hasn’t been done for a while.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Wonder what Jack would have done as a nepowife? I doubt she would have been content sitting at home spending Leggy’s money because she’d be too jealous of Legs getting all the attention. I’m guessing she would have tried to be some sort of upper middle class influencer and kept up the pretence of being ‘thrifty’. Or she’d write a children’s book or try to turn Bread and Jam Enterprises Ltd into a pop up shop. Jesus, imagine every tit abandoned Jack project actually having lots of money and resources thrown at it.
I think this is exactly what would have happened. I could also imagine a photography exhibition in a hip gallery full of sub A level photography pictures, a book or two of poetry even the vogons would have rejected, or maybe she would have recorded an album, perhaps featu a duet with Billy Bragg. No one outside of her immediate circle would have a shred of interest in any of her projects, but that’s not the point. Everything would have been busy work to keep her occupied while Leggy did real work.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
You can remember some pretty “niche” things. It happens, especially if you were personally affected (gave money to guest.) I remember reading an amusing essay on a website, at least five years ago, called “Spongebob and the Housing Crisis.” It was written in response to a conservative US commentator suggesting that children’s shows should be written to encourage children to marry young, have lots of babies, and buy houses etc. The author posited a situation where the network has Spongebob Squarepants move out of his pineapple under the sea and buy a proper house and preach to kids about how great it is to be a homeowner. Point is, it’s not really going to change anything unless society changes enough to make home ownership affordable by the time the target audience grows up.

I can’t find it anywhere now so it seems to be deleted. It’s probably archived somewhere online if you looked. Niche thing to remember, but I do. And if the author popped up today saying “actually, I agree now that we should use kids’ TV as right wing propaganda!” Shall we not bring up their own words from however long ago because ugh, even the author doesn’t remember they wrote it, move on already!!

Reactions: 31
It was the Diva Award bash last night. I wonder if Guest went or have even that shower of glitter-grifters shunned her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Back to Aug 2022 now and the pinnacle of Jackmaffs. Just a couple of snippets here to give a flavour. You’ll see her workings out that lead to her assertion that her fridge costs nearly 50 quid a month to run, and her advice on shopping around for a low voltage model.
It’s an overused phrase, but I honestly believe that on that particular day she was indeed on glue.
Omg she even included her own ❄ emoji… coincidence?

• Haha
Reactions: 23

View attachment 2900178
Imagine the state of your life when you're white knighting for someone who can't see past the end of her own inflated, by ❄, conk. Who thinks absolutely nothing about various heinous grifts they've done and acts like they're entitled to it.

Now I'm no angel but ffs, that's terrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I remember FridgeVoltage day clearly. I was in the comments club (had got a follow-back for liking one of her snarks) & trying to work out how to tell her that her calculations were insane without setting her off like a firework. Another squig broke it to her.
It’s a notable tweet thread in her oeuvre, far from random. She’ll defo remember that she embarrassed herself over that, but there have been so many embarrassments that they may well have merged.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.