Jack Monroe #57 1 potato, 2 potato, 3 potato, 4, got the designer gear, need cash for more

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hilarious, now I can't get the song out of my head.

Reactions: 9
Just a thought, but if she’s struggling financially now, isn’t it a good idea to do something rood related, NOW. I doubt she could still live off £10 for food a week nowadays.
That would bring her up to date.
And there are LOADS of local fb groups so she can sell her Denby plates & all her other fancy goods.

Reactions: 20
For the frauen on the previous thread expressing frustration at Nigella’s naïveté. I think it’s important to remember that Nigella comes from an extremely wealthy and sheltered background. She doesn’t know what poverty looks like as she’s never experienced it so Jack looks genuine to her. I think a lot of JM’s followers fall into this category. The second category imho consist of highly vulnerable people struggling with their MH who see JM as an advocate

Reactions: 77
So her mother is "extremely and severely unwell", yet she's on twitter talking about herself as usual.
Yet, her mother will get no help or sympathy from Jack because everything is about HER. She would only mention her mother's ill health in order to let her 'followers' know how it has effected HER and to gain their sympathy for HERSELF.

Can you focus enough to read 40 books when you're burnt out?
In a word - no.

Reactions: 32
Well yeah it's common sense not to talk about stuff on social media if you don't want to.. well... talk about it.

Reactions: 18
I think a lot of very nice, well meaning people have been taken in by Jack Monroe. I only wish that their empathy was with those who are genuinely in dire straits.

Can you focus enough to read 40 books when you're burnt out?
So much of her faffing about over lockdown seems to me to be an excuse not to get on with writing the books she says she's been commissioned to write. Like, constantly pitching other books (and now TV programmes), the k*tten, the Edinburgh trip, the whole shed thing, saying she's going to create her own YouTube show, this 'burnout' nonsense - Jack, just get on with the work you've actually got the advances for, ffs!

From Nigella’s perspective, it’s probably easier to pay the occasional lip service to the batshit usurper and pretend to be interested, rather than leave yourself open to unfounded criticism and pile-ons à la Jamie Oliver.

Reactions: 40
I'm partial to Denby...

Reactions: 16
I totally agree with this. I think it’s spot on.

Reactions: 12
This is so painfully true.

I started well in lockdown but I haven't cracked a book open in over 2 months. I love to read and have an English literature degree so I know this is all to do with where my mind is at.

Reactions: 47
If she is truly in a compromised financial situation (which, by the end of this year, will be the situation for millions) why doesn't she:

a). apply for a job because her son is no longer pre-school
b) make do with one fridge, rather than three and sell the Smeg on something like Craigslist
c) put the Viv Westwood togs onto ebay as 'vintage' pieces
d) flog the Cotswold sideboard etc and get furniture from Ikea/Wayfair
e) stop paying for train sleeper tickets and accommodation in Edinburgh four hundred miles away
f) find a two bedroom flat which is close to her son's father

In other words, do what millions of others in the UK have to do in order to survive.

Reactions: 51
I would delete too Mancbee but maybe share a carefully worded update later?

It would be beautiful if Nigella came across Jack's tattle threads and denounced her on twitter with the receipts of Jack convicting herself with her own words/verbal diarrhoea. She would not be able to stand any derision from the queen of blue tickers.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.