Jack Monroe #567 Wibble wibble, little mouse, thief who tried to grift a house

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Felicity making bold claims here. Hope Auntie Helen doesn’t sue
Word to the wise from a real-life third generation immigrant, Felicity. Don’t put lemon curd into it, for that will be “slightly too sweet for the soup” WARNED.

IMG_6636.jpeg

PS her grandad (DEAD) only had one pair of shoes but she doesn’t like to talk about it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
IMG_1263.jpeg

The lines between guest and Amanda Palmer continue to blur. Here is one of them with Billy Bragg recently.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I just saw the new government advert on TV for being aware of scams and fraud and thought I'd look at the website to see if they were saying anything about internet scammers. This doesn't quite get there, but advice fits: https://stopthinkfraud.campaign.gov.uk/how-to-spot-fraud/recognise-the-tactics/
To be honest, you could apply most of that to marketing and advertising!!

Just sitting on my back step gazing at the moon listening to frogs and had a vision.... Guest in Montecito on the new Netflix cookery show for ARO. It's a match made in heaven!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
What was the thing she just…didn’t turn up to the other year? Was it Billymate?
---
JayRaynermate?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What was the thing she just…didn’t turn up to the other year? Was it Billymate?
---
JayRaynermate?
Jay Rayner mate she was very late for in Bristol, so much so he had to get someone in last minute to interview until she turned up.
As far as I'm aware he never publicly communicated with her again, when he used to be quite chatty previously.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Jay Rayner mate she was very late for in Bristol, so much so he had to get someone in last minute to interview until she turned up.
As far as I'm aware he never publicly communicated with her again, when he used to be quite chatty previously.
She was also very late for a radio slot

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Yeah she really stacked it with that gig. She arrived an hour after she was meant to be on stage. Completely unprofessional. If it's a big gig, you go down the night before or build in much more resilience into your travel arrangements. She's a nightmare.

Reactions: 42
Another bridge burned.

(Jay Rayner is a self-satisfied wanker, IMO, but still not a good idea to trash your relationship with a key Guardianista foodie.)

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Another bridge burned.

(Jay Rayner is a self-satisfied wanker, IMO, but still not a good idea to trash your relationship with a key Guardianista foodie.)
I enjoy his writing but the self-satisfaction is something else. That said, to get a shot with him and you balls it up?? Not for all the whiskey in the world. Bet that's more to do with why she's been faded out than the lies.

Reactions: 35
I love it when she suffers from the consequences of her own actions.
I know she would try and blame lateness on ADHD or something but other people would put safeguards in place to ensure they weren’t late, not our Jack though.
---
No Londons burning this weekend - must be get back to it tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I love it when she suffers from the consequences of her own actions.
I know she would try and blame lateness on ADHD or something but other people would put safeguards in place to ensure they weren’t late, not our Jack though.
---
No Londons burning this weekend - must be get back to it tomorrow.
Popping in briefly to nod furiously in agreement.

Every one of us has faced difficulty in our lives, but Jack acts as if she's been dealt an uniquely bad hand.

But she hasn't. In fact, she's been incredibly fortunate - being gifted a series of amazing opportunities at a time when the political and social zeitgeist was running in her favour.

Most of us are painfully aware of our own limitations. As you say, we do our best to mitigate them or to work around them. ADHD, crumbly bones, ouchy teeth, bad mentals, whatever - we know ourselves, we know what's likely to set us back, we do our best to work within those constraints.

But Jack was lucky enough not to have to do any of that. For years, the success kept coming regardless. And any setbacks could be blamed on stuff that the rest of us have to deal with every day.

She's been trying to throw it all away for the last decade. Perhaps now, at last, she has finally got what she wanted.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Popping in briefly to nod furiously in agreement.

Every one of us has faced difficulty in our lives, but Jack acts as if she's been dealt an uniquely bad hand.

But she hasn't. In fact, she's been incredibly fortunate - being gifted a series of amazing opportunities at a time when the political and social zeitgeist was running in her favour.

Most of us are painfully aware of our own limitations. As you say, we do our best to mitigate them or to work around them. ADHD, crumbly bones, ouchy teeth, bad mentals, whatever - we know ourselves, we know what's likely to set us back, we do our best to work within those constraints.

But Jack was lucky enough not to have to do any of that. For years, the success kept coming regardless. And any setbacks could be blamed on stuff that the rest of us have to deal with every day.

She's been trying to throw it all away for the last decade. Perhaps now, at last, she has finally got what she wanted.
Spot on. The difference between Jack and people like her, and normal folk, is that they are the main character and they think they're the only person bad things could possibly happen to. She thinks she's fundamentally deserving of more than others and that she hasn't got that is a great oppressive injustice. She can find a problem for every solution.

If I listed the things that have happened to me in the past 18 months alone, it would look horrifying written down, but loads of people have had a bad run of it, it's just life and things don't always go our way.

Unlike Jack, rather than assuming everyone has it better than me, I assume that everyone is experiencing stress, heartbreak, illness, uncertainty and loss because they are facts of life, but they aren't live-tweeting their misery or expecting the world to hand them success on a platter, they're plodding on doing the best for themselves and their kids in the hope tomorrow might be slightly improved by the things they do today, whatever hand they've been dealt.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.