Jack Monroe #549 Two different one's in three's

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap: The canal eagerly awaited another 10 minute slow cooker recipe or a two-pints-in-the-air-fryer follow up. But, alas, none came. We'll have to make do with what Curry's didn't scrub from the internet, such as the unctuous pressure cooked cheese recipe.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Someone over on Facebook has posted they have cooked a gammon joint and don't know what to do with the rind. Couple of suggestions to put it out for the birds, or just crisp it up and eat it, then up pops a Jack wannabe with this. Every time I see a bizarre suggestion, I think of her!
Screenshot_20231027-165848_Facebook.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
Someone over on Facebook has posted they have cooked a gammon joint and don't know what to do with the rind. Couple of suggestions to put it out for the birds, or just crisp it up and eat it, then up pops a Jack wannabe with this. Every time I see a bizarre suggestion, I think of her!
View attachment 2535256
You just know there are some gammons out there who do smell like they wash in pig skin soap

---
View attachment 2535196

It's from the Echo article that denounced guest over the Currys debacle.
Ah, thanks. Still doesn't make sense but now I know the context and realise it's not me that doesn't understand what's going on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
You just know there are some gammons out there who do smell like they wash in pig skin soap

---

Ah, thanks. Still doesn't make sense but now I know the context and realise it's not me that doesn't understand what's going on.
It's funny because Jack always needs (need's?) help with apostrophes as does the person who is responsible for 'one's and three's.'
Personally, I'm hopeful of a chaos as those misplaced apostrophes are going to tit me to tears after a few notification's hours.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 2535256
I have an image of the freshly washed squig running up the street pursued by all the neighbourhood pooches, soundtracked by Benny Hill's Yakety Sax.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 2535256
You *could* make soap out of pork fat, but it's a massive faff, massively smelly and is probably dangerous given some of the chemicals involved.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
You *could* make soap out of pork fat, but it's a massive faff, massively smelly and is probably dangerous given some of the chemicals involved.
Can't imagine why anyone would.... a bar of Palmolive is only a quid or somefink.

Reactions: 25
Pretty much. Fingers crossed for a Halloween chaos. Go on Jack, buy a plastic cauldron and put it on the stove to cook some slop in.
Or she makes her own sweeties out of nail clippings and used plasters and hands them out to wee trick or treaters and then the parents come after her.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
I've been reading this as "soup" the entire time. I'm not dyslexic, but clearly my brain refused to accept the idea anyone would make soap out of pork fat since we're not medieval peasants.

Eta: All this equipment and effort for pig soap. Why. I could be on the L'Occitane stuff for the price of the olive oil alone and that's before I've even got me goggles on.
Screenshot_20231027_180501_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Or she makes her own sweeties out of nail clippings and used plasters and hands them out to wee trick or treaters and then the parents come after her.
Because literally everything reminds me of a song (and I contend that this *is* on topic, given what I'm replying to):

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.